Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best tasting virgin coconut oil?

Thinking about eating a few tbsp a day.

I'm really enjoying Dr. Bronner's, the soap company's. It is pressed from fresh coconut rather than dried, and it tastes wonderful.

Comment

I'm using Biona, ordered from UK Amazon, not sure how widely it's available. I tried Coconoil but it tasted less coconutty and more just of oil. Also when I take the lid off any Biona jar, I get a strong whiff of coconut which didn't happen with the coconoil.
      Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

Comment

Trader Joe's brand is great.

Comment

I go with this:

Amazon.com: Nature's Way Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, 16 Ounce: Health & Personal Care

Comment

Just be careful if this is a new amount of CO to be eating... for some it has a rather laxative like effect. Sometimes a stimulant laxative effect :/

Comment

Originally posted by richard View Post
              I'm really enjoying Dr. Bronner's, the soap company's. It is pressed from fresh coconut rather than dried, and it tastes wonderful.
              I tried this one once and it was nice. I think earlier this Spring, they put out a voluntary recall of their coconut oil. Was this just in some places? Any ideas what that was all about?

Comment

Originally posted by hdizzle99 View Post
                Trader Joe's brand is great.
                I also love the flavor of TJs. I've debated about looking for something better quality but I'm reluctant to take a chance on it not being so yummy.
                50yo, 5'3"
                SW-195
                CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
                GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Comment

I like Barleans. I also think Nutiva for the price is really good.
                  Started Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, and 5' 1", reached goal weight in 5 months.
                  Lowest weight 93lbs - too thin. Now stable at around 100lbs much better weight for me at my age.
                  Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Comment

Originally posted by jujeki View Post
                    I tried this one once and it was nice. I think earlier this Spring, they put out a voluntary recall of their coconut oil. Was this just in some places? Any ideas what that was all about?
                    That's interesting...
                    I bought a bottle of Dr Bronner's with the brown label a few of months ago. About 1 month later I noticed the oil on the bottom was turning kinda brownish black. I just threw it away. I was only half way through that jar and only stick a clean spoon in it each time.

I've been buying TJ's lately too. Mainly because of the price. I really like Artisana's raw coconut oil. It's very coconutty.

Comment

I bought Carrington Farms extra virgin organic at Costco. I like it but honestly it's the only brand I've tried.

Comment

i buy mason orphee brand. Its cheap and good. They make really good organic olive oil thats reasonably priced too. Ive tried some of the pricier brands and havent noticed a difference. I can get 500ml of mason orphee for $16 canadian, or i can buy the same amount of the DME stuff for $30...really do not see the point of it.

Comment

Working...
                        X