Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fats "waste products" and dangers

(peril)

Looking for arguments against this diet (just to disprove them and be sure) I asked, among other people, my chemistry teacher about this diet, and among other things she said that:

"Isn't it dangerous a diet that makes the body burn fats which release toxins to the body when metabolized?"
    Last edited by Miguelinileugim; 05-18-2013, 04:11 PM. Reason: Not specific enough

Wasted profits for the disease management industry?
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I look at it this way. Take everything "they," (government studies funded by BigFood money) have told us about healthy eating in the last 40 years, and do the opposite. That alone will probably let you live about a decade longer.

Lions eat meat; hooved animals eat veggies. Do you want to be a lion or a cow?
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Ketones probably
        When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
        27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
        new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

I don't know. If you eat pure fat you don't even have to poop except for normal dead bacteria. No idea.
          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Fat-soluble toxins that are stored in your bodyfat are released when you lose weight. However, unless you have experienced a very large exposure of something highly toxic (which you would no doubt be aware of), that is not a consideration.

Comment

Or if you eat CAFO animal fat, or otherwise contaminated animals.
              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                Or if you eat CAFO animal fat, or otherwise contaminated animals.
                The contamination that may exist in CAFO meat is several orders of magnitude less than what I am referring to. What I am talking about is the exposure one would get during an industrial accident or environmental disaster. Like being contaminated by PCB's to the point where you got chloracne and suffered other health effects, for instance.

Comment

Yeah, that's of immediate concern. But, chronically, it is possible to end up with heavy metal poisoning, etc., if you eat bad animal for years and years. I think both are valid concerns. Yours is scarier, though.
                  Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

toxins will be liberated from your own fat whenever you you lose weight even if you eat a low or fat free diet, that isn't an effect of eating fat but of using fat.
                    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
                    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
                    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

I think you have to eat predator species to make heavy metals much of a concern. We generally eat tuna as our most-often eaten predator species.
                      Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

It's these conversations that start making me think, "Predator = inedible or laden with crud...do I really want the body of a predator?" The answer comes out as YES when I think long and hard about it, but there's always that nagging thought.
                        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Like most things in the body fat cells are in a constant state of flux, they do store a variety of compounds which include vitamins as well as toxins, when the serum is in overload the fat cells act as buffers, but as the serum clears, then the equilibrium shifts and the fat cells begin to release their load in an orderly manner. They live for about 8 years on average and when their time comes their contents are released and recycled or eliminated depending on their value to the body.

As for fat you eat, the biggest threat is likely the PUFA's and herbicide contamination as a lot of crop waste is used in feedlots, so stick to grass fed as much as possible and you should be right.
                          "There are no short cuts to enlightenment, the journey is the destination, you have to walk this path alone"

Comment

Sorry OP, but you pose a bullshit question. Who are they and where is the evidence of what they said? Provide this information and you can get a real answer to your concern rather than the meandering discussion you elicited. If you don't have something more concrete then from where are you coming?
                            Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

(peril)

OK, I'll be more specific

Comment

Working...
                              X