Ketosis, healthy and sustainable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ketosis, healthy and sustainable?

Considering all the possible benefits of staying in ketosis, I was wondering:

1)Is it healthy for a thin 15-year old to start ketosis?

2)Is it sustainable anyway?

3)If I ditch fruit for vegetables, would I stay as healthy but in ketosis?

Thanks

P.S: Can't find fancy organic foods but a lot of varied local conventional vegetables and olive oil.

If you are healthy and thin, there is no reason to be in ketosis. Why would you want to?

Comment

And, at 15, you're still growing. You probably need more protein and carbs than someone older who is trying to lose weight.

Eat some of all the Primal approved foods, proteins, starches, veggies and fruits and relax. Enjoy your youth.

Comment

^^^agree^^^

Comment

No
          Make America Great Again

Comment

It's perfectly sustainable. But as this forum will show you, debate still rages as to whether it is healthy.

For right now, because of your age, unless you have a medical necessity to be in ketosis, I agree with Paleobird's advice.
            "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
              It's perfectly sustainable. But as this forum will show you, debate still rages as to whether it is healthy.

For right now, because of your age, unless you have a medical necessity to be in ketosis, I agree with Paleobird's advice.
              And, Derp, the next time you try to accuse me of pushing ketosis on everybody, think about this. This is the second person in as many days that I have advised to stay clear of it.

Yes, it is sustainable and it works great for a lot of people. It is not, however good for everyone under every circumstance.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                And, Derp, the next time you try to accuse me of pushing ketosis on everybody, think about this. This is the second person in as many days that I have advised to stay clear of it.

Yes, it is sustainable and it works great for a lot of people. It is not, however good for everyone under every circumstance.
                I will
                Make America Great Again

Comment

So ketosis may or may not be healthy, but it is hardly good for me, got it

P.S: A lot of vegetables and an apple every day is enough to stay out of ketosis?

Comment

Originally posted by Miguelinileugim View Post

P.S: A lot of vegetables and an apple every day is enough to stay out of ketosis?
                    If some of the vegetables are starchy tubers, like potatoes and sweet potatoes.

Comment

Sounds like an eating disorder post. Your thin and very young. Eat as much food as you feel hungry for and dont limit macros or food groups. You start dieting now and you could screw your metabolism and hormones up for life and stunt your growth.

Comment

Ketosis is perfectly healthy for the right people and under the right circumstances. It would not be for you, in my opinion.

I would eat more fruits and also healthy starches, like sweet potatoes, plantains, winter squashes, etc. If you are already pretty lean, and you are a young man, you can eat a whole lot of calories. So eat up and enjoy all that primal diet has to offer you. I wouldn't restrict anything if I were in your situation.

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                          If some of the vegetables are starchy tubers, like potatoes and sweet potatoes.
                          Simply a lot of protein or even copious amounts of non-starchy veggies can keep you out of ketosis. It really is a fine line.
                          "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

So, starchy tubers and fruit and everything but grains and legumes? Got it, I'll start adding (raw) potatoes and sweet potatoes to my salads and eat lots of fruits whenever I can, thanks!

P.S: Not a food disorder but metabolism, I've thinned a lot since last year, this whole diet thing has nothing to do with being (even) more thin, ideally I would gain a little muscle. I just don't care about aesthetics.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                              And, at 15, you're still growing. You probably need more protein and carbs than someone older who is trying to lose weight.

Eat some of all the Primal approved foods, proteins, starches, veggies and fruits and relax. Enjoy your youth.
                              Do as per above comment.
                              Eat plenty and dont think much.

Comment

Working...
                              X