Ketosis, healthy and sustainable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miguelinileugim View Post
    So, starchy tubers and fruit and everything but grains and legumes? Got it, I'll start adding (raw) potatoes and sweet potatoes to my salads and eat lots of fruits whenever I can, thanks!

P.S: Not a food disorder but metabolism, I've thinned a lot since last year, this whole diet thing has nothing to do with being (even) more thin, ideally I would gain a little muscle. I just don't care about aesthetics.
    Why on earth would you want to eat raw potatoes of any kind?

Comment

About the issue of (raw) potatoes, OK, the "raw is better" rule doesn't apply here, anyway, I think I'll better just eat some more vegetables and fruits instead of tubers

Comment

Originally posted by Miguelinileugim View Post
        About the issue of (raw) potatoes, OK, the "raw is better" rule doesn't apply here, anyway, I think I'll better just eat some more vegetables and fruits instead of tubers
        Personally, I don't think there is a "raw is better" rule except in the minds of raw vegans.

Cooking makes everything more bio-available to us. Raw veggies may have impressive stats on vitamins etc. but if all that is bound up in so much cellulose that it goes right through you, you don't get to use all those nutrients.

Cooking also goes a long way toward neutralizing the anti-nutrients found in all plants.

Fruit of course is meant to be eaten raw. It is offered up by the plant complete with tasty sugar to get us to eat it and disperse the seeds. The body of the plant (actually green veggies) don't want to be eaten and so have anti-nutrients to protect themselves. Kind of like chemical warfare.

You, however need to just relax and eat. Don't overthink stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
          You, however need to just relax and eat. Don't overthink stuff.
          ^^^^This.
          You're 15 and still developing. Eat a wide variety of real foods while avoiding highly processed "not-quite-food".
          Don't be so concerned about yesterday, or worried about tomorrow, that you forget to enjoy today.

Comment

Working...
          X