Gagging on Hemp Protein!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boneidle24seven View Post
    chronyx, I use it because i am a skinny runt and i want to maintain my feeble muscle mass and possibly gain some.
    If you're looking for concentrated liquid calories you could still make a real foods smoothie with coconut cream, bananas, eggs, etc.

Hemp tastes like old gym socks. No way around it. And no point in eating the stuff.

Comment

Agreed Paleobird. Time for a rethink!

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
      http://www.richardlongart.co.uk/

http://www.primalish.net/

“You have to know the past to understand the present.”
      ― Carl Sagan

Comment

I mix mine with a tablespoon of yoghurt and leave it to sit for a few hours before I eat it - it's just like a spoonful of mud but it's so much better for you than whey !

Comment

chronyx, I use it because i am a skinny runt and i want to maintain my feeble muscle mass and possibly gain some.
          Eat food then. Hemp protein will do naff all, I can personally attest to that!

Steak! Eggs! Tuna! Plus good fats like coconut, olive oil, butter. Get eating man.

Comment

Originally posted by chronyx View Post
            Eat food then. Hemp protein will do naff all, I can personally attest to that!

Steak! Eggs! Tuna! Plus good fats like coconut, olive oil, butter. Get eating man.
            A 16oz steak and half a dozen eggs every evening will help that.

Comment

Use egg whites. I tried a few things with hemp protein, and the only recipe I see fit for it is blending it carefully with trash and sending it down the garbage shoot. It's not fit for human consumption.
              My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
              When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Yes, toss it and get egg white protein powder instead.

Comment

Amazon.com: MuscleMeds - Carnivor Bioengineered Beef Protein Isolate Chocolate - 2.3 lbs.: Health & Personal Care

Maybe you can find one with a better ingredients list, but if you absolutely can't/won't do whey, I'd go with BPI.
                  The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Put it in your compost pile and let the worms turn it into food for your fruit trees. Then go out and get a nice juicy steak.
                    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Ok people, I get the message. I am gonna feed it to the worms and get some extra steak and eggs. Incidentally I do eat all the good stuff mentioned above, coconut oil, olive oil, eggs, steak and tuna, but obviously not enough. I'll leave the hemp protein for the Vegans!

http://www.richardlongart.co.uk/

http://www.primalish.net/

“You have to know the past to understand the present.”
                      ― Carl Sagan

Comment

Ok people, I get the message. I am gonna feed it to the worms and get some extra steak and eggs. Incidentally I do eat all the good stuff mentioned above, coconut oil, olive oil, eggs, steak and tuna, but obviously not enough. I'll leave the hemp protein for the Vegans!

Top man

Comment

Oh, we stopped trying to convince you pages ago. Now we're just amusing ourselves by beating the dead horse. Ignore us children.
                          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Put it in your compost pile and let the worms turn it into food for your fruit trees.
                            Duh! I should do it, it just keeps taking up space, as I am trying to man up to use another scoop...
                            My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                            When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

These days I'd rather feed it to the worms, then eat those.

Comment

I'm going to be unpopular here but, I actually like hemp protein... Or at least Manitoba harvests hemp pro 70. I make a mean pumpkin pancake with it and have been known to eat it dry by the spoonful. Always prefer an animal protein but sometimes you just gotta rotate the food routines!

Comment

Working...
                                X