Poor circulation, so it is true

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mikee5 View Post
    To get my appetite and binging under control after months of struggling. Lowcarb has helped me lose weight, clear up my acne, improved my concentration, I've tried everything and lowcarb feels right for me. I'm just scared of incorporating fruits and more carbs back into my diet and the weight will come back. I think I need to tweak my diet a little or give it time, but I'm not consuming any hidden sugars, starches or gluten and it seems like this isn't common and shouldn't be happening.
    was it low carb that did this, or just cleaning up the diet in general?

Comment

I had (still have) cold feet and sometimes hands. I wrote to Mark a few months ago and he did a "Dear Mark" post. I took some ginkgo biloba supplements and they helped a little but I'm still cold a lot of the time. I'm also upping my carbs as I suspect I have low thyroid. LOTS of raw fruit mostly and sweet potatoes.

Comment

a uk gallon is 4.5 litres which is quite a lot. Potassium is lost in urine as well as sweat. You cant be eating much veg and fruit's on such a low carb diet so you aren't replacing what you've lost. early symptoms of slow potassium are muscle weakness, tiredness, poor concentration. the symptoms get more serious the lower the potassium gets. You could do with getting a test for U&Es from your GP. you say you make sure you get enough salt ( but neglect the potassium); if your sodium levels are high this also pushes the potassium down. Id suggest lowering your water intake (especially if you are taking other fluids as well) increasing your dietary potassium or taking a supplement.
        Also you aren't eating low carb at 25g you're eating very low carb
        Last edited by CarbDodger; 05-14-2013, 06:39 AM.
        When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
        27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
        new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

It might not even be the carbs at all causing this. It could be the toxins being released into your blood stream both as a result of the weightloss (excess fat gets used as energy, releasing all the stuff with it, into your blood stream) or simply just because your are cleaning up your diet big time.

Just another possibility. I felt like utter CRAP for a few weeks while my body was detoxing, and now I feel 5000x better since my body long ago finished detoxing the nasty stuff it doesn't need.
          "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by CarbDodger View Post
            Potassium is lost in urine as well as sweat.
            Mostly potassium is lost in urine. Perhaps a little bit is lost in sweat as well, but as I understand it, proportionately, it's mostly sodium lost when we sweat.
            "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

the loss in sweat isn't negligible, that a common misconception. when exercising in hot temperatures when you lose 20% more than when exercising in cold temperatures.
              composition of sweat
              sodium (0.9 gram/l)
              potassium (0.2 g/l)
              calcium (0.015 g/l)
              magnesium (0.0013 g/l)
              I mentioned both because this gent is exercising as well as drinking so much plus a salt intake and he's not replacing it. His U&Es are probably pretty unbalanced. I suffer with low K myself and in hot weather, heavy exercise or when I have a fever I have to increase my supplements. I've also been warned it will get worse when i hit the menopause due to night sweats.
              Last edited by CarbDodger; 05-14-2013, 07:23 AM.
              When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
              27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
              new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

You have low salt and sugar in your bloodstream. You're holding tons of water, which is drowning out your mitochondria causing low levels of co2(low circulation) and high levels of lactate. You're losing tons of electrolytes. You're also excreting magnesium and calcium.

Increase carbs, increase salt, decrease water. Water carries out sugar and salt, you have practically none.
                Make America Great Again

Comment

It is necessary to drink fluids when you are thirsty. Water is good, drinking mostly espresso and whisky not so much so.

Research does not support even the common "64 ounces a day" we see recommended so often that dieters will tell you in all seriousness that the more water you drink, the more weight you will lose.

That's garbage, an urban legend.

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                    It is necessary to drink fluids when you are thirsty. Water is good, drinking mostly espresso and whisky not so much so.

Research does not support even the common "64 ounces a day" we see recommended so often that dieters will tell you in all seriousness that the more water you drink, the more weight you will lose.

That's garbage, an urban legend.
                    Drinking a little extra fluid can be useful to help you learn when you are really hungry vs. just thirsty or even not either, but just something to take your mind off of food. So from that perspective, calorie-free fluids, water, tea, coffee, yerba mate (unsweetened of course), can be useful.

For example, if I think I'm hungry but then I drink a cup of tea and suddenly don't feel hungry anymore, I know I wasn't actually hungry to begin with. If I was TRULY hungry, I'd still be hungry even after the cup of tea.

Comment

So what should my ratios look like if I'm eating 2000 calories a day? I'm aiming for 50g carbs, 120g protein and 100g fat.
                      Seriously do not worry about macro ratios or calories. Just eat real food. Eat meat, vegetables, potatoes, fruit and nuts. Cheese if you like it. Whatever combinations appeal to you.
                      Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                        Drinking a little extra fluid can be useful to help you learn when you are really hungry vs. just thirsty or even not either, but just something to take your mind off of food. So from that perspective, calorie-free fluids, water, tea, coffee, yerba mate (unsweetened of course), can be useful.

For example, if I think I'm hungry but then I drink a cup of tea and suddenly don't feel hungry anymore, I know I wasn't actually hungry to begin with. If I was TRULY hungry, I'd still be hungry even after the cup of tea.
                        Sure, and I've found having ice water can keep my hands from popping food in my mouth when I'm fixing dinner. It's a tool.

Drinking massive amounts of water because you think it's good for you is the dietary equivalent of chronic cardio.

Comment

Maybe you're not eating enough in general. I find that when a don't eat enough, for a period of time, I start getting cold all the time.

Comment

I would say cut the dairy and increase the carbs. You could probably go up to about 75 to 100g of carbs if you workout. But if you want to stay really low carb, then I guess just cut the dairy.

Comment

I'm a young, healthy male pre-low carb and see no issues contributing to this other than the diet. I eat 150-200g of fat a day (I eat dairy products everyday), 120g protein and 25g carbs.
                              Let's see 1800 fat + 480 protein +100 carb =2380 cal/day. Depending on your size and activity level, you could very well be eating too little food. Macros become moot if you are starving yourself.

Originally posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
                              Maybe you're not eating enough in general. I find that when a don't eat enough, for a period of time, I start getting cold all the time.
                              Marissa, ftw.

But really folks, the guy says he doesn't do well with carbs, says they trigger binge behavior, etc, and yet a bunch of people pile on saying eat more carbs.

I think, in this case, it is "Eat more food".

Comment

Not eating enough will trigger "binges", otherwise known as eating a lot 'cause you are hungry. It likely has nothing to do with carbs. If you don't want to eat more carbs, then eat more meat.
                                Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X