Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steak and Eggs: Cavemanjoe-Style!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Steak and Eggs: Cavemanjoe-Style!

    I won't be eating steaks so I'll be eating alternatives. Today was a 200g pork neck steak and 4 eggs for breakfast, dinner was a bit mish-mash...200ml coconut milk with 200g prawns and 4 eggs scrambled. Also had a couple of slices of pizza and i now feel like crap, so tired and lethargic, only green 20 minutes since i had the slices and they weren't even that big!!

    Today is my fourth whole day. Starting weight was 250lbs, approx 20-25% body fat. I've actually put on a pound or two. Feel great though.

  • #2
    Let me be the first to wish you the best of luck! You definitely have to stay away from the pizza, my advice is to really focus on staying strict for 6 days with your meat and eggs and then have a great blow out day on your carb refeed day. If you do you will definitely see results. Try to stay grain free and low fat on your refeed day. Fill up on Paleo Carbs on the refeed day - lots of yams, sweet potatoes, even some white rice and potatoes, use balsamic vinegar on your potatoes rather than butter, remember the refeed is meant to be high carb, low fat.
    Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

    https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi canuk.

      I read your reply to me explaining refeeds and leptin but I'm worried about the amount of carbs I'll be eating in one go. I have about 50lbs to lose and trying not to spike my insulin too much...wouldn't the amount of carbs I'll be eating work against my fat loss, just trying to get my head around it all.

      Comment


      • #4
        My priority is losing weight on this too. What I did last Sunday was plan in advance everything I was going to eat, including quantities, so that I was eating right up to my maintenance level of calories but no more.

        Since I was eating seafood, vegetables, and fruit, but no added fat, that was actually a whole lot of food.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by CavemanJoe View Post
          Hi canuk.

          I read your reply to me explaining refeeds and leptin but I'm worried about the amount of carbs I'll be eating in one go. I have about 50lbs to lose and trying not to spike my insulin too much...wouldn't the amount of carbs I'll be eating work against my fat loss, just trying to get my head around it all.
          In my opinion the one day carb refeed every 7 days will not affect your over all weight loss, it is necessary to reboot your leptin levels to ensure you stay in fat burning mode. It is important to avoid things like pizza on your strict days however as this will definitely slow your progress.
          Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

          https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks again!

            Breakfast: 200g pork chop, 4 eggs, 2 strips smoked bacon.

            Gym will be squats, laterall pulldowns and shoulder press, following a 5x5 program.

            Comment


            • #7
              Squats: 45/50/50/50/52.5
              Lat pulldowns: 52/59/59/59/59
              Shoulder press: 15/17.5/17.5/20/20

              All weights in Kg and in the case of barbell exercises (squads today) the weight doesn't include the bar. Gym was like a ghost-town, for a bloody change!

              Comment


              • #8
                Today is my 5th whole day.

                Starting weight was 250 lbs
                Today's weight is 251.6 lbs

                Comment


                • #9
                  Not sure the reason for the gain of almost 2lbs, but I do look a bit leaner.

                  Half pound burgers, 4 eggs and a few chestnut mushrooms for breakfast. Running out of eggs so quickly! Tomorrow is refeed day, so that should be fun!! Will keep it to vegetables like carrots, sweet spurs, broccoli and white spuds. Should fat be at a zero or is some ok?

                  I eat a lot less than others who are doing this experiment but I'm in now way feeling so hungry because of it, even after gym sessions.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by CavemanJoe View Post
                    Not sure the reason for the gain of almost 2lbs, but I do look a bit leaner.

                    Half pound burgers, 4 eggs and a few chestnut mushrooms for breakfast. Running out of eggs so quickly! Tomorrow is refeed day, so that should be fun!! Will keep it to vegetables like carrots, sweet spurs, broccoli and white spuds. Should fat be at a zero or is some ok?

                    I eat a lot less than others who are doing this experiment but I'm in now way feeling so hungry because of it, even after gym sessions.
                    I would add some tubers, like steam-cooked potatoes or oven-baked sweet potatoes with a drizzle of fat, herbs and salt & pepper.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It'll be a shock to the system as I've not eaten more than 100g of carbs in a good while now. Gonna be fun!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I've been more or less ketogenic for many months in order to reach my weight goal and "cure" some growing insulin resistance due to too many shit carbs from grains, sugar binging, etc. Now, I am doing IF and decided that with spring and summer coming, it would be a real shame to continue ketosis. However, I don't plan on changing my diet by much, just add a few tubers and bananas here and there. I started this cycling a while back and I can see great improvements in the body composition (IF + moderate carb on a fat and protein diet). I also don't care too much about veggies these days, I tend to eat less of them and increased wild rice and sweet potatoes. I have not regained any weight at all and I cannot say that carbs make me feel sleepy during the day because my one daily meal is in the evening anyway

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I add no fat on my carb day. It gives me more room for fruits and vegetables..

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                            I add no fat on my carb day. It gives me more room for fruits and vegetables..
                            I do. I just decrease the fat by some and add some starchy stuff (I avoid fructose as much as I can though). I don't count on these higher carb days, I don't care too much and I go back to lower carb for the next 5-6 days more or less. I have been monitoring my weight and body comp (crude monitoring though) and I see no change apart from more muscle definition from increased HIIT. To be honest, I am not really constant as I have very active weeks, and others not so. I feel super healthy like this and most of all, I don't stress

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by dkJames View Post
                              I do. I just decrease the fat by some and add some starchy stuff (I avoid fructose as much as I can though). I don't count on these higher carb days, I don't care too much and I go back to lower carb for the next 5-6 days more or less. I have been monitoring my weight and body comp (crude monitoring though) and I see no change apart from more muscle definition from increased HIIT. To be honest, I am not really constant as I have very active weeks, and others not so. I feel super healthy like this and most of all, I don't stress
                              I do count on my carb days. I want to make sure I don't go over my maintenance level for calories, first because my primary goal is to lose fat, and second because I did that once on a carb refeed and felt horrible for days. I eat fish or seafood that day to reach my protein goal because it is low fat and I miss it. So I end up eating as much or almost as much vegetables and fruit as I would in a week if I'd eaten some every day.

                              Carb day takes a lot of work the way I do it, but look at all the food I get to eat. If I was just eating rice and sweet potatoes I'd be bored. And by that point I need a break from the steak.

                              I'm doing the steak-and-eggs intake strictly during the week, so I don't have lower carb days, I do zero carbs (except for what's in the egg yolks).

                              Works for me. I'm losing a couple of pounds a week and feeling great. Well, I need to restrain myself on the exercise. I'm pushing myself a bit too hard and need more recovery. Too much energy I guess.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X