Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Higher Carb Primal foods?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
    Yes. Eat more food. Your menu is great just up the quantities. Have 6 eggs and 3 sausages. 1/2 slice of cheese? Really? Eat up. You'll be fine.
    Thanks for the input! After being in weight loss mode for the past 6ish months, it's hard to let myself eat more (eating less is a habit now). But, you're right-I need to find a better balance of quantity, now that I'm in maintenance and exercising too.

    Oh, and the cheese comes pre-sliced in two, to make a cheddar/colby jack combo pack. Next time I'll add more halves.
    Last edited by mom23kids; 05-10-2013, 12:34 PM.
    *Sara*

    Comment


    • #17
      Heh--I wish I had your problem. What an awesome problem to have! Eat baked potatoes loaded with butter and/or sour cream and/or cheese and bacon!!! Homemade french fries or sweet potatoe fries or chips baked in the oven. So many yummy primal foods you can eat to stop losing weight.

      Eat lamb belly or pork belly--yummy fatty cuts. Eat rice with butter mixed in or cooked in coconut milk. Eat 32-oz steaks. Ice cream made with sugar or homemade coconut milk ice cream. Homemade frozen yogurt. Bacon on everything. I could go on and on and on.

      Edited to add: Someone above mentioned PaleOMG. She has great recipes!! I loved every recipe that I've tried.

      My journal

      Comment


      • #18
        Looking at what you eat, it doesn't look to me like you are low in carbs. You can certainly increase your carbs, but what you are eating looks low in protein to me. You should eat more meat, too.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
          Looking at what you eat, it doesn't look to me like you are low in carbs. You can certainly increase your carbs, but what you are eating looks low in protein to me. You should eat more meat, too.
          I've been resisting tracking the different nutrients of my food, but I may have to for a while, until I figure everything out. We did just get part of a beef share, so I will be eating more beef-it's a start
          *Sara*

          Comment


          • #20
            Well, I'm down another half pound this morning I haven't been to the store yet, but I did up my food intake yesterday, after going through this thread. Actually felt like I overate, and even had a bite of my dh's chocolate chip cookie last night. Go figure!

            Today we're going out for ice cream with my parents, for Mother's Day, and the place carries a local ice cream brand that's pretty natural. And then tonight we're going out for dinner with my dh's side. Was planning on fish and a salad, but now I may get a steak and a baked potato

            I think it's time for me to start tracking my food-does anyone have a recommendation for a good site that breaks the food down, so I can see how much fat, protein and carbs I'm eating? Thanks!
            Last edited by mom23kids; 05-11-2013, 06:15 AM.
            *Sara*

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by mom23kids View Post
              And then tonight we're going out for dinner with my dh's side. Was planning on fish and a salad, but now I may get a steak and a baked potato
              I have been known to order more than one entree when I'm craving protein.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                I have been known to order more than one entree when I'm craving protein.
                I may get a bigger steak, instead of the 'girl' portioned, six ounce one
                *Sara*

                Comment


                • #23
                  POOOOOTTTAAAATTTOOOEEESSS!!!

                  My new favourite food is yellow potatoes sliced to about 1cm thickness, boiled, then fried in bacon fat. Season generously with salt and pepper. Seriously. They taste like potato chips. SOOOOOOO AMAZEBALLS.
                  A Post-Primal PrimalPat

                  Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by patski View Post
                    POOOOOTTTAAAATTTOOOEEESSS!!!

                    My new favourite food is yellow potatoes sliced to about 1cm thickness, boiled, then fried in bacon fat. Season generously with salt and pepper. Seriously. They taste like potato chips. SOOOOOOO AMAZEBALLS.
                    I'm going grocery shopping on Monday and potatoes are at the top of my list
                    *Sara*

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I guess I'm the contrarian one here, but honestly, adding potatoes to most of my meals has not done anything except make me leaner. I eat potatoes sometimes with every meal. And sometimes I have a dessert that has agave syrup in it (oh the horror) and sometimes I have an appetizer before dinner that is dates with cheese stuffed in them, or a pre-breakfast of a half a banana with almond butter. Fat/carb combos that ought to make me a whale, right?

                      I think you should just eat more. Or drink more wine and eat more chocolate. That always puts weight on me.
                      Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                        I guess I'm the contrarian one here, but honestly, adding potatoes to most of my meals has not done anything except make me leaner. I eat potatoes sometimes with every meal. And sometimes I have a dessert that has agave syrup in it (oh the horror) and sometimes I have an appetizer before dinner that is dates with cheese stuffed in them, or a pre-breakfast of a half a banana with almond butter. Fat/carb combos that ought to make me a whale, right?

                        I think you should just eat more. Or drink more wine and eat more chocolate. That always puts weight on me.
                        I don't drink alcohol, but I have become fond of Lindt 85% dark chocolate Right now I limit it to one square a day, but maybe I'll up that.
                        *Sara*

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X