Liquid Smoke

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liquid Smoke

Apologies if this has already been addressed, but I was wondering about the community's thoughts on plain liquid smoke. Admittedly, I haven't done much research on the subject, so opinions are welcome.

Liquid smoke seems pretty benign to me. We have it in the house and have used it a couple of times. As I recall, it's pretty potent stuff, so be careful. We usually do our smoking outside in the smoker.

What Is Liquid Smoke? - Nagging Question - Food News
    Some of you may die, but that is a risk I'm willing to take.

Comment

If I understand correctly, liquid smoke is made through channeling the smoke through water to capture the compounds. I have seen on some cooking shows how they make their own, setting up their gadgets. It should be no better or worse health wise for you.

Comment

As a BBQ'r, the whole idea of liquid smoke pains me to my core. J/K You should be fine. Black timber is correct though, the stuff is potent.
        M/35/5'10"
        SW: 325lbs
        Paleo start: 2/6/2013 @303lbs

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

I don't strive for purity and I use a little liquid smoke, especially to jazz up ground beef. I just discovered smoked paprika - that's pretty awesome.

Comment

don't forget chipotle chilies -- smoked jalapenos.

I use liquid smoke in very small quantities and it works great.

Comment

smoked paprika is awesome.
              M/35/5'10"
              SW: 325lbs
              Paleo start: 2/6/2013 @303lbs

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

Originally posted by Harpua View Post
                smoked paprika is awesome.
                This, I use smoked paprika when I make pulled pork "BBQ" in my crockpot. While it doesn't replace the flavor of smoked meat completely, it helps.

Comment

I would assume its fine unless it has some really bad chemical or something like that in it. But it would probably be best to smoke your meat, if possible.

Comment

Working...
                  X