ketosis: 20g carbs every 4 hrs or 100g a day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ketosis: 20g carbs every 4 hrs or 100g a day

I have read conflicting sources about how to stay in ketosis. one source tells me that I have to stay at 20g or under of net carbs for every 4 hours throughout the day. Others say to stay under 100g of net carbs a day. Which one is correct and where did the first technique come from? Has anyone heard of this?

Which one is most accurate? Are there any others that are more accurate figures?
    Last edited by Thest0rm; 05-09-2013, 07:20 PM.

I doubt either of these will get you into ketosis. You need a better source of information. I have never heard either of these.

The Atkins diet recommends no more than 20g of net carbs a day to start.

Comment

Neither is correct. If ketosis is your goal then you would need to be having no more than 50g of carbs a day and probably more like 20g. That's over the whole day.

Where did you read this?

Comment

i concur with the others. if I eat 20g carbs or under I become ketotic. I need at 30g minimum to ensure i stay out of it. your source must be wrong
        When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
        27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
        new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

I think the reality is that everyone is different, I don't think there is set value that applies to all.
          Some will be higher and some lower, but 100g sounds high for the 'average person', though there may be some outliers.

If you maintained less then 50g the you'll probably get there sooner or later.

Comment

Working...
          X