Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a big fat 0....as in energy

Hi, I am hoping I can get some answers.
    I have been primal for 2 and a bit months. Have done well, lost about 8-10 lbs
    pretty close to 85% I do have an outing once a month. This weekend was a bit odd in terms of choices, but what I had, didn't sway me to cheat continuously and I am back on track. so I use that as my 15%.
    My problem is that I seem to be having 0 energy lately. I function, I do my job, I work around the house, but come 6-8 pm I am done, for example tonite was zumba, half way thru I am yawning and start slowing down my paces. I just seem to shut down. This is horrible especially in the bedroom I have no desire to do that either

What info I can offer is that I am 46 female, 165 lbs. Very low carb...still trying to lose weight. I try and work out with weights 2x a week and zumba 1-2x per week, then the usual, work, house etc. I had labs done in March and the only thing was Vita D was low. (normal for me) Sun is back and I have been supplementing 10,000 a day

Any tips or tidbits gratefully taken here.
    Thanks!!!

What are your macro ratios - fats, protein, carbs?
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

fat 65%, carbs 27%, protein 18% give or take a few percentages. I don't really track my food..only a couple of times to try and see why I wasn't losing weight...think I figured that part out, but what I did track gave me these numbers

Comment

Anyone???

Comment

Some people thrive better consuming more carbs. Without knowing how many calories you are eating, I can't tell if you are eating enough protein. When I was not eating enough protein, I was tired all the time.

Try increasing your protein by 20g a day and consume more of your energy calories as good carbs.

Comment

Those macros seem low in protein especially if you say you are very low carb. For reference, I eat about 35% protein, 15% carbs and 50% fat on a low carb day. I'd look to eat more protein, less fat. I find too much fat makes me altogether sluggish.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
            Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

More carbs! Yaay! Yaaay!
              You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Estimating that I am getting between 1250-1500 calories per day...even on workout days (zumba and weights)

Comment

Are you hungry?

More carbs and more food in general might help. Some people lose weight just fine without restrictions, just with real, good foods.
                  Depression Lies

Comment

Not enough food, especially on workout days.
                    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpycakes View Post
                      More carbs! Yaay! Yaaay!
                      Yayayayaya carbs!

Comment

Eat. More. Carbs. As you do that, you'll have to cut down on fat some in order to keep your calories in check.

Comment

So majority says eat more carbs.....
                          When do I eat them? Morning, night?
                          I eat two meals a day, very little snacking...
                          And what kind of carbs should I eat? Fruit=sugar???
                          This will be new for me, I don't eat a lot of carbs as is..
                          Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by goinggrok View Post
                            So majority says eat more carbs.....
                            When do I eat them? Morning, night?
                            I eat two meals a day, very little snacking...
                            And what kind of carbs should I eat? Fruit=sugar???
                            This will be new for me, I don't eat a lot of carbs as is..
                            Thanks!
                            Add them to your evening meal.

Comment

Eat moar fooooooood

POTATOES
                              A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

Working...
                              X