sparkling water a replacement?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sparkling water a replacement?

can i replace normal water with sparkling water?

Sure.

Comment

I've been in Italy for a month now and have natural sparkling water with most meals (sometimes drop in a little white wine in the same glass at lunch).

It can also help provide a sense of satiation if you are restricting calories at all.

There are a few dental studies that show it can have a slight to negligible effect on teeth enamel but no where near the effects of soda or fruit juices.

Comment

Shoot for ones with a good amount of dissolved mineral content.

M.

Comment

I was wondering the same thing myself!! We bought a soda stream simply for the carbonation. We never add any kind of sweetener, we just love the fizz!!

Comment

It's just a dissolved gas; you'll burp much of it back out. Try making fizzy honey water sometime.

M.

Comment

Why would you put sugar into water? Try a high silica low bicarbonate mineral water like Levissima which tastes very light

Comment

Originally posted by MEversbergII View Post
                It's just a dissolved gas; you'll burp much of it back out. Try making fizzy honey water sometime.

M.
                The carbon dioxide reacts with the water to form carbonic acid. This is a weak acid which makes the water slightly acidic and I assume accounts for any damage to teeth.

Comment

I love sparkling water but ones that are not too fizzy. My favourite is Pellegrino which I have with ice and a quarter of a lime or lemon squeezed into with the fruit left in the water. Very refreshing.

Comment

I really like cold, sparkling water when it's warm weather. You can also put some lemon in... but that might make it more acidic for the teeth I guess.
                    Take a walk on the wild side.

Comment

Save some $ and buy a sodastream carbonator. Then you can use your own filtered water to make sparkling water at home. Less waste from bottles too

Comment

Working...
                      X