Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one here that doesn't cook?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
    I do cook, but I am a lazy cooker. Late.y the frying pan has been my biggest friend when it comes to cooking. Some coconut oil or butter, a few minutes in the pan with some meat and veggies, maybe some eggs, boom, dinner. I don't really go in for all these complicated techniques and methods, ect. I am capable in the kitchen, enough so that I have done them before (and might if there are guests involved), but when cooking for myself I simply pull out the frying pan and do a quick "five minute, one plate" meal. I don't desire spending my whole day in the kitchen planning out "gourmet paleo/primal feasts."
    Really, why spend half the day turning a pile of flour and a dozen other ingredients into something impressive when you can start and end with steak, vegetables, and butter in only 10 minutes of work?

Comment

Originally posted by KimchiNinja View Post
      Yep. I'm traveling in the states right now on business, in a hotel room.

But yeah, if not that, it would necessarily be KFC or whatever, as this country is a food wasteland.

Basically, in the US at least, not cooking = certainly getting fat. And there was that thing called feminism, so women won't cook. So basically everyone is fat.
      With such sweeping cultural and sexist judgements, I can see why no woman would care to cook for you. Keep up the good work and take some cooking classes as in investment for your lonely future devoid of friends and family.

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
        Really, why spend half the day turning a pile of flour and a dozen other ingredients into something impressive when you can start and end with steak, vegetables, and butter in only 10 minutes of work?
        Indeed. And primal or paleo baking? I never understood the appeal of trying to mimic foods that you had pre-primal. Maybe, MAYBE if you are making a primal desert for some non-primal guests, but that would be about it for me. Even that feels like too much effort anyway.

I use the KISS method in my kitchen.
        "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Now that summer is here where I live, we move out of the kitchen to "barbeque land" and grill a bunch of meat at once, and pair that with salad or easy dishes throughout the week in our version of "Summer KISS". Food that tastes like it is which is well-prepared doesn't need much enhancement, does it?

Comment

Originally posted by missblue View Post
            Now that summer is here where I live, we move out of the kitchen to "barbeque land" and grill a bunch of meat at once, and pair that with salad or easy dishes throughout the week in our version of "Summer KISS". Food that tastes like it is which is well-prepared doesn't need much enhancement, does it?
            I live in an apartment where I can't have a barbecue unfortunately, so I do get out to do some grilling with friends a few times each summer, but I can't get out to do it every day. I would though if I could. It's an extremely quick and easy way to prepare food with little fuss.

OP, if the weather is nice and you have access to a park or something with outdoor grills, you could easily spend five - ten minutes grilling up some meat and asparagus and plating. Barely even have to think about that except to flip the meat once.
            "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

I like cooking but what I cook depends on time and energy.
              I don't understand though why so many folks say they don't when they obviously do. If you like your eggs raw and your steak Diane that's fair enough but even boiling an egg, frying some bacon or flipping a steak is cooking.
              Its almost like some folks are ashamed . come out of the closet and be proud - You can cook
              When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
              27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
              new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

Originally posted by CarbDodger View Post
                I like cooking but what I cook depends on time and energy.
                I don't understand though why so many folks say they don't when they obviously do. If you like your eggs raw and your steak Diane that's fair enough but even boiling an egg, frying some bacon or flipping a steak is cooking.
                Its almost like some folks are ashamed . come out of the closet and be proud - You can cook
                I think some people have very basic reasons for identifying themselves as "people who don't cook" that keep them from acknowledging that grilling a steak or frying an egg is indeed "cooking".

Comment

I think that's true to an extent, but I certainly know that what I do is technically cooking, but it's just not what many people mean when they talk about cooking. My definition of cooking is based on my upbringing...where cooking meant spending time in the kitchen, preparing, cooking, presenting.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
                  My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

I used to cook alot more till I found this awesome little Filipino place that charges $7.50 for 3 mini-entrees and some white rice. Lasts me 3 meals if I extend the white rice by microwaving with 2-3 eggs.

What's on the menu:
                    Chicken coconut stew
                    Ham hocks cooked in vinegar and soy sauce with banana blossoms
                    Pork belly adobo (vinegar, soysauce, garlic)
                    Chicken adobo
                    Pork heart, onions, green pepper in a sour vinegar sauce
                    Pork stomach stewed in pork blood and vinegar
                    Beef stewed in tomatoe sauce
                    Goat stewed with olives, potatoes, carrot and tomatoe sauce

Ok so the soysauce and rice isn't 100% compliant but everything else is

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback, it is great to meet with other like minded individuals.

Comment

Working...
                      X