Post Cheat Days

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Cheat Days

Had a busy, food filled weekend and want to get back on track next week. Not really looking to do a "cleanse" per se, but want to know if it would be better to just eat all veggies for the next 5 days or focus on a higher protein diet over veggies. What is effective?

It's my opinion that you should just continue on eating high quality, nutrient dense food like nothing happened. If you overate and aren't hungry in the morning, just wait until you are, but eat your healthy primal food like normal.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I usually do a fast, but only until I'm truly hungry again. When I am, I just resume eating primally.

No need to stress over the fast since it can be as short or as long as you need based on your hunger levels though.
      "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Ditto

I just fast until I genuinely feel hungry again if I feel that bad after my weekend binge /cheat day or go back to eating paleo.

You will not put on the 10's of pounds you lost (or consumed) after a cheat day. Just savour the cheat and go back to good clean eating.

Comment

Nope, go back to eating normally, maybe a little less for the next few days. Do some cardio to get that excess glycogen out of your system, and you're good to go. I just had one myself.
          F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Yeah I had one of those weekends too and was about to post something similar! I had my first meal at 1 30pm, a coffee, and about to eat dinner now.

Comment

I like to eat really clean and focus on leaner proteins and vegetables for a day or two. One day of that seems to get rid of the bloat. Then I add back in things like bacon, fattier meats, more fruits etc.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
              Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Add me to the list I'm doing an IF day today and just eating when truly hungry, and then focusing on eggs and veggies.
                *Sara*

Comment

What do you people find so attarctive in those cheat days? Eating shit? Feeling "good" afterwards? Why do you even do that?
                  Grumpy mood today, sorry, but I really don't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaHorse View Post
                    What do you people find so attarctive in those cheat days? Eating shit? Feeling "good" afterwards? Why do you even do that?
                    Because I'm still new to this whole thing and haven't gotten the point yet where I can snub my nose at a piece of cheese cake with fresh strawberries .
                    *Sara*

Comment

It's not a cheat day for me, it was just a weekend where I ate more than usual, including wheat products. I had a hens' day and a couple of other social situations where there was yummy food that is usually not on offer (lots of amazing cheese, homemade tidbits, strawberries and cream, martinis etc).
                      I also took this opportunity to try certain things people have been raving about but I've avoided ... Like these cupcakes from a certain shop. I thought they were "meh" and now I can move on and leave those alone!
                      What was attractive? Hanging with people and having fun. Good and sharing food are very effective in social situations. And I found out exactly what I'm not missing out on!

Comment

Because some crappy food tastes great still. Because having a drink or two with girlfriends is fun.

Like it or not, eating and drinking is a big part of the social fabric. Am I going to eat a bag of chips ahoy and McDonalds...No. But I'm not going to turn down the chocolate croissant a coworker brought a few weeks ago, not going to pass on a good burger and fries with sweet tea vodka on occasion, and am going to drink mojitos on a once in a lifetime trip to Aruba.

If you can start primal and never again eat a non-primal food, that's great for you. I love a good steak and veggies, but every so often, I want some booze or a treat. The key is to limit that as much as possible, and keep from the slippery slope.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                        Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Because not all of us are food saints or have any desire to be?

When we travel we might be faced with less than optimal choices?

Because we are being respectful of others in a social situation by eating what we are served?

Because we like the ability to do spontaneous things in our lives that means we can't always plan out every meal to be 100% primal compliant?
                          "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Because I'm not a saint. Because I like to eat sugary foods once in awhile. Because I don't feel bad about it because I've reached my goal weight and then some. It's not a crime to enjoy myself and eat some white chocolate once in awhile and no, I don't feel guilty or hate myself afterwards.
                            F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

I don't consider cheesecake necessarily to be a cheat. The ingredients are pretty good when a cheesecake is homemade--eggs and cream are main ingredients. You can avoid the crust if it has wheat in it and if you make your own you can make a better crust using nuts and dates.

There's some pretty darn good vegan cheesecake I eat often from a company called Earth Cafe. Main ingredients are cashews and coconut and the crust is usually pecans and dates. I'd consider this a dessert or a treat or heck once in a while I consider it lunch.

I think it's important to get away from the "cheat/punishment" cycle that we women are so good at. That's why I think if you enjoy a piece of cheesecake you do not need to then punish yourself the next day with starvation and deprivation. Just resume you healthy primal eating and don't eat if you aren't hungry.
                              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X