Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference between White rice and potatoes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most reactions are to proteins, not starches.

Comment

Both are garbage. Have some steak and eggs

Actually I think I'll have some sweet potato fries tonight.

Rice miRNAs interfere with human gene expression though Rice, Potatoes, Wheat, and Other Plants Interfere with Human Gene Expression | Evolvify
      Last edited by Neckhammer; 05-05-2013, 02:31 PM.

Comment

My ancestors all ate rice and thrived on wonderful health.

So I'm pretty sure I am tolerant to it.
        My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Nothing wrong with rice imo, but I prefer potatoes. Oven roasted "steak fries" coated with olive oil, sea salt and chili powder are really nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Timthetaco View Post
            Primal is theoretically anti-grain, and rice is a grain. Whole grains have more anti-nutrients than refined grains, but they also have more nutrients, so the other argument is that potatoes are more nutrient dense (which they are). I think another argument is they're too high glycemic, if you're into that sort of thing. I eat white rice.
            Agree with every word of every sentence.
            Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
            5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
            Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
            TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
            bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Working...
            X