Steak and Eggs diet: eKatherine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steak and Eggs diet: eKatherine

I started hitting the beef on Sunday for the steak and eggs Vince Gironda-inspired 70s bodybuilding diet canuck416 had been talking up. Sunday morning I weighed 147. My waist was 27.5 and hips 36. I had some vegetables and fruit on Sunday. Monday I began eating beef, egg yolks (I don't eat egg whites), and butter.

You will find mostly photos of my meals here.

Today's lunch:

10oz 85% beefburger with 4 fried egg yolks. Didn't need any extra butter today, as I did when eating roast tri-tip.

The Night of the Long Knives

It all started with a 14.4 pound slab of ribeye.

Trimming the fatty end section and the sinewy membrane, I sliced approximately fourteen 13.5oz ribeye steaks:

And a slab of fat and sinew which I put to simmer until tender:

Which finally led to dinner:

A ribeye steak and a scoop of hard-boiled egg yolk smashed with some butter.

Some of dinner became leftovers.

Comment

^

OMG... love me some ribeye! And hard boiled yolk mashed with butter?!?!?! How awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
        ^

OMG... love me some ribeye! And hard boiled yolk mashed with butter?!?!?! How awesome.
        I can't eat the whites. What choice did I have?

Comment

Yum! Beautiful beef!
          Starting Weight: 197.5
          Current Weight: 123
          Far healthier!

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
            I can't eat the whites. What choice did I have?
            You could get fancy, and make Hollandaise sauce (it's made with egg yolks, butter, and a bit of lemon).

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
              I can't eat the whites
              You're probably not getting enough protein without those egg whites. Just kidding. Food looks mouthgasmic.
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by liza View Post
                You could get fancy, and make Hollandaise sauce (it's made with egg yolks, butter, and a bit of lemon).
                My goal is to eat 3-4 egg yolks and a ~12oz steak per each of 2 meals a day. I can see there might be a place for hollandaise sauce on the right day.

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                  You're probably not getting enough protein without those egg whites. Just kidding. Food looks mouthgasmic.
                  You're probably right. I should be eating more superfoods.

LOL, beef and egg yolks are the ultimate superfoods.

Comment

Oh my! Those steaks look superb. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay? Can't remember the last time i had steak on a regular basis.

Comment

I need to stretch my dollar, too. I only have $50.00 per week to do steak and eggs! How much was that beef? CAFO or GF?
                      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I love steak and eggs! This sounds like a plan I should start. What kind of changes have you seen so far?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Water and electrolyte dumping, here.
                          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I've lost some weight and have had more progress on my bench than I anticipated. My belly is firmer and I've bought a smaller size jeans than I've worn in my life.

We're not talking a lot of weight difference, just that I was probably right on the cusp and it pushed me over.
                            Last edited by eKatherine; 05-03-2013, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Breakfast at 10:00 am. I was hungry this morning, so ate earlier but a little less than usual. 8oz of 85% hamburger, a 3 egg yolk omelet with hot sauce in the middle. Gunpowder green tea.

Comment

Working...
                              X