No announcement yet.

Steak and Eggs diet: eKatherine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last night I couldn't even think of steak. I ended up having bacon, ham, and cheese. Then a scoop of ice cream and one of sorbet, a bit of chocolate, and a meringue.

Today is going to be carb day anyway. I'm still not ready to eat steak again, but the ennui is lifting.

Late morning snack: semi-ripe sweet cherries

Lunch: kimchi, crabmeat, smoked salmon, grapefruit, homemade mayo

Comment

• That plate of grapefruit and salmon and other goodies looks so good... !

Comment

• I had a lot more fruit planned for the rest of the day, but I ended up craving fatty stuff, like chocolate, lol.

Comment

• It's probably related to my dietary upbringing but those colors don't trigger hunger for me. My loss I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kegas76 View Post
            It's probably related to my dietary upbringing but those colors don't trigger hunger for me. My loss I guess.
            What colors would?

Comment

• Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
              What colors would?
              Dark reds of raw meat, char marks, whites of cooked poultry, and sadly brown sauces.

Adding scent to the photo might change things a bit. Without that my eyes sees the grapefruit pieces and thinks raw chicken.

Comment

• Looks great, Katherine! I've also started a steak and eggs diet yesterday and I'm loving it! Are you grilling your steak to let the excess fat drip off or are you pan cooking it? I pan cook my steak in butter...suggestions?

Comment

• I pan cook it. If I add butter to the pan, it doesn't seem to be absorbed.

Comment

• How much can one lose on this diet?
                    I am concerned about cholestrol as well.

Any input please?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by GettingFat View Post
                      How much can one lose on this diet?
                      I am concerned about cholestrol as well.

Any input please?

Thanks
                      Google Vince Gironda. People can lose plenty. As far as cholesterol, there's a thread somewhere called Griff's Cholesterol Primer (Part II I think?) That you should read. Or go to www.theeatingacademy.com and read the nine-parter called "The Straight Dope on Cholesterol" Either should allay your fears.
                      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• I'm STILL steak and eggs most days. I mean, check those micronutrients, it's almost complete! I add some berries, cheese, seaweed or dandelion, etc. and it's BAM, complete nutrition almost every day!
                        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• You've mentioned 'not enough fat' a couple of times.
                          Is that based on calculations or hunger or what?

Comment

Working...
                          X