Steak and Eggs diet: eKatherine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
    That is butter, sliced right from the Kerrygold stick.
    Jesus. You're crazy.
    I'm a weak man...If I give myself a few feet of leeway, I burst through all of my prohibitions.

Comment

Originally posted by ajm422 View Post
      Jesus. You're crazy.
      I just know what works for me, as you know what works for you.

Comment

Crazy like a fox. A well-fed fox.
        be the hair that knots with my hair
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

Haha. Very diplomatic. I tried a spoonful of some organic, grass-fed, unsalted butter from a local farm and couldn't get it down. Is Kerrygold different somehow?
          I'm a weak man...If I give myself a few feet of leeway, I burst through all of my prohibitions.

Comment

Eh, I eat butter all the time. I like it.

Sent via A-10 Warthog

Comment

Originally posted by ajm422 View Post
              Haha. Very diplomatic. I tried a spoonful of some organic, grass-fed, unsalted butter from a local farm and couldn't get it down. Is Kerrygold different somehow?
              It's good butter, but just butter. I gag when I try to eat coconut oil.

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                That is butter, sliced right from the Kerrygold stick.
                A woman after my own heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                  A woman after my own heart.
                  This.

On my raw milk (Jersey or Guernsey) sometimes the fat is so sticky that it forms a ring of butter all by itself around the top of the jar from giving it a shake before drinking.
                  Delicious!

And yeah. Butter is tasty.
                  “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                  ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                  And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Your meals look delicious. If anyone think that eating steak & egg is boring, they should check your journal. Your dedication is amazing. Thank you for sharing!

Comment

• It looks like I forgot to post Wednesday night's supper. Steak tips and scrambled egg yolks.

Breakfast: egg yolk pate (8 egg yolks, 2 tablespoons of butter, salt, put through the food processor):

Yum.

Comment

• Things didn't work out quite as I planned. Breakfast (eaten at 10:00 am) went right through me. I didn't eat before dinner, because I was expecting to go out for a steak. However, my boyfriend was unable to mobilize to get ready to go until it was too late. So I figured I'd cook at 5:30 and serve dinner at 6:00, but I was so hungry I ended up munching on bacon, ham, and finally some more egg yolks.

I cooked myself a 9oz butterflied piece of tri-tip:

And then I was still hungry, so cooked another 5oz.

I guess I need to have some cooked beef in the fridge so I can eat it instead of pork products. Or maybe not let myself get so hungry, though it came up quickly.

Comment

• Very interesting posts
                          And definitely an eating plan I could do

Comment

• I needed something different, especially after yesterday when I was only able to keep down about 850 calories following a fast day. When I was doing ribeye I was eating too many calories. (fat & portion size) Now since I have been doing mostly tri-tip I have not been getting enough fat.

Lunch: pot roast of brisket. Not shown: 4 boiled egg yolks

Comment

• Is pork loin an option for you?

Comment

• Originally posted by RayDWeger View Post
                                Is pork loin an option for you?
                                I am doing the steak-and-eggs protocol that you will find in canuck416's 70s bodybuilder thread, modified to eliminate egg whites which I am sensitive to. It is supposed to last 4 weeks of 6 days of steak and eggs and 1 low fat carb refeed.

When I am no longer on this, pork will be an option again.

Realistically, pork loin is too low in fat to serve as a frequent source of protein for me without adding other sources of fat to my diet.

Comment

Working...
                                X