No announcement yet.

Steak and Eggs diet: eKatherine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like how for the most part your refeeds (last week and this one) have been fruit and seafood. Those are the two things I would miss on a steak 'n' eggs program.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
      I like how for the most part your refeeds (last week and this one) have been fruit and seafood. Those are the two things I would miss on a steak 'n' eggs program.
      One reason I do seafood because it is low in fat, which leaves me more room room for carb-rich plant matter. I figure I am eating almost a week's worth of plant matter during one of these refeeds. I see rice as empty calories for someone like me, at the present at least.

If I used butter or cream there wouldn't be nearly as much room for the good stuff that I am missing during Steak Days.

Comment

Have some variety in there to.

Comment

Originally posted by Baconoholic View Post
          Have some variety in there to.
          Are you saying I have variety, or that I don't, but I should?

Comment

Carb refeed day supper:

Upper right: pea pods, red peppers, potato
            Center: Tomatoes, shrimp
            Upper left: cuties

Comment

I admire your dedication and you look great.

Comment

So first thing I did was to boil 2 dozen eggs, peel and shuck the yolks.

Leaving waste egg whites, which one cat jumped into the sink to munch on.

My lunch: 10oz burger steak, 6 egg yolks. Not shown: tablespoon of butter.

Guess I was hungry.

Comment

You carb refeeds look so delicious!! So does your lunch!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
                    You carb refeeds look so delicious!! So does your lunch!!
                    It was. I am enjoying this a lot! I feel so good and full of energy, too.

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                      It was. I am enjoying this a lot! I feel so good and full of energy, too.
                      That's really awesome!!! How often do you reefed, every two weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
                        That's really awesome!!! How often do you reefed, every two weeks?
                        I refeed once a week, on Sundays. When I do refeed I eat my protein as seafood because it is low in fat, which leaves me more calories for fruit and vegetables. I try to keep my calorie intake in the maintenance range on refeed day.

Comment

Thanks for the continued photography, eKatherine. I regret not photographing over the weekend, but I'll keep on it now that we're back on track. I love seeing how everyone adds their own touch to steak and eggs. And knowing that the meal will be posted on the internet drives me to improve my preparation.

Keep it up!
                          I'm a weak man...If I give myself a few feet of leeway, I burst through all of my prohibitions.

Comment

Besides the fact that you look great and your meals look delicious, I also happen to really love your granite countertops!

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
                            My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

Originally posted by 252dlp View Post
                              Besides the fact that you look great and your meals look delicious, I also happen to really love your granite countertops!
                              It is a stone variety called "blue pearl". I bought a remnant at a stone place some years back and had it cut into a 2x4' section with a couple of vertical splashbacks. Indeed, photogenic.

Comment

Supper: 10oz tri-tip steak.

Comment

Working...
                                X