No announcement yet.

Steak and Eggs diet: eKatherine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of those times it gave me a database error it did indeed double post. I will put dinner here.
    Last edited by eKatherine; 05-03-2013, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Love the food photos! I'm looking forward to the carb refeed. Do you have your Sunday menu planned yet? I'll be following your results, they should be amazing after another week or two.
      Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

Comment

Yes your photos, recipes and cooking are great. Thanks! Who could fail to love this "diet"?

But yes, I made Hollandaise sauce the other day to go on oven baked wild Alaskan salmon steaks and it was fun to make and not too difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by canuck416 View Post
          Love the food photos! I'm looking forward to the carb refeed. Do you have your Sunday menu planned yet? I'll be following your results, they should be amazing after another week or two.
          I'm thinking of fish and shellfish, starchy vegetables, and fruit.

Comment

I do like hollandaise. The issue is that at 1.5oz butter per egg yolk, I could really go overboard on fat and thus calories, given that I'm eating a lot of egg yolks and fatty meat.

Comment

I was extra hungry, after not eating so much for lunch. Maybe this morning's bench workout had something to do with it, too. 3 egg square omelet with hot sauce, ribeye steak. I ate it all, then I finished the drippings.

My boyfriend is getting used to the steak, too. Last night he had half a steak (with a potato and the last of the leftover vegetables), then later today finished the leftover steak for lunch. This morning he was surprised not to be sore after yesterday's run. I've been telling him he'll recover more quickly and grow stronger faster if he ate more meat, but those corn chips keep calling him...

Comment

This one's a bit different. If you go back to the ribeye-cutting session, you see a fat slab I trimmed. That ended up being simmered until the membrane was tender, and chilled. I ended up with a little broth, a cup and a half of rendered ribeye fat, and a slab of fat with a little meat.

Sliced and salted, the fat looked like this:

Oh, yum! What beefy goodness!

Comment

Tonight's supper: 9oz steakburger au poivre, and 2 hard-boiled egg yolks.

Comment

If I couldn't eat whites, I'd mash my yolks up in some butter with fresh herbs and rub it all over the hot steak. Looks good though!
                    I'm a weak man...If I give myself a few feet of leeway, I burst through all of my prohibitions.

Comment

I do sometimes mash them up with butter, if it feels like I'm not getting enough fat. But the meat I've been eating lately feels plenty fatty to me. I am concerned I may be eating too many calories. I will find that out soon enough.

Comment

Hopefully the missing images will be back shortly.

My break-steak on refeed day: grapefruit, cuties, kimchi, and smoked salmon:

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                          My break-steak on refeed day: grapefruit, cuties, kimchi, and smoked salmon
                          I never would have thought to combine kimchi and salmon......yum. That looks delish.
                          be the hair that knots with my hair
                          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                          primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by little vase View Post
                            I never would have thought to combine kimchi and salmon......yum. That looks delish.
                            Real kimchi has fish or other seafood in it. I recall one bucket we bought and didn't like all that much. It had a bland, celery-like flavor. I made the excess into a kimchi stew that tasted like it had canned anchovies added to it. (Not a bad thing. My boyfriend loved the effect.) Odd how the fishy taste became more pronounced when it was diluted by addition of lots of meat and other vegetables.

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                              I do sometimes mash them up with butter, if it feels like I'm not getting enough fat. But the meat I've been eating lately feels plenty fatty to me. I am concerned I may be eating too many calories. I will find that out soon enough.
                              If you are slightly higher in calories, it might support an increase in muscle growth and metabolic rate resulting in fat loss. It will be interesting to see if that's the case.
                              Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

Comment

We will see. I may give it another week or start cutting back slightly on portion size.

Lunch: Oyster stew thickened with potatoes and cashews. Tomatoes. Not shown: leftover cole slaw.

Comment

Working...
                                X