Burpee challenge - fuelling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burpee challenge - fuelling

Tomorrow I'm taking part in a challenge that will see me complete some 700 burpees in a set. This will obviously take a while and I imagine I would want to do some refuelling as I go. Problem is, I'm also on a whole 30.

Any tips on what to grab for a quick snack during the murder?
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

My only tip would be to take it easy.

I pulled my back doing a burpee challenge.
    2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

Comment

They should be called "Pukeys" instead of "Burpees" if you're gonna do 700 of them.
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

You are doing 700 by yourself? That sounds downright stupid, hope you dont tear something. You wont get through it without massive carbs.

Comment

It won't be for time so they will be nice and controlled burpees, no need to go balls out. I've read of people doing upwards of 1000, I'll be fine!
          Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

Comment

Originally posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
            It won't be for time so they will be nice and controlled burpees, no need to go balls out. I've read of people doing upwards of 1000, I'll be fine!
            I'm just glad it's not me.
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Under no illusions it will suck the life out of me, but it's a challenge and I'll follow through on it!

Comment

I'd suggest you have a fruit smoothie + protein powder handy. Re-hydrate while you get essential carbs and protein.

Comment

A Budweiser and a shot of Jack halfway through!!!!
                  Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

Originally posted by SoccerGrok View Post
                    A Budweiser and a shot of Jack halfway through!!!!
                    Would probably make me sicker more than the burpees will

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                      I'd suggest you have a fruit smoothie + protein powder handy. Re-hydrate while you get essential carbs and protein.
                      Thanks for this, will bring a smoothie along with me and plenty of nut butter as well.

Lovely dog by the way, we have a golden also, 7 months, a little bit crazy but super fun.

Comment

Bananas
                        How long do you anticipate this taking? Ironman competitors take broth. If this is an all day thing, maybe bone broth?

Good luck, that would take me 3 days to get thru

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                        Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Just out of curiosity. Did you do it yet? How did it go? Did you survive?

My journal

Comment

All done.

I set up a clock and went for ten a minute which pretty much all the way through took between 35 and 40 seconds. I'd then rest the remainder of the minute, then go again on the next minute. At 100 reps I would take 2 minutes rest, have a drink and sit down. As the reps wore on I started taking an extra break or two during each hundred.

Completed in 1 hour 34 mins. Honestly not as bad as I thought and I feel I could have gone on to 1000 no problem.

Comment

Good work, good work. I really hate burpees, heh. Most I've done is 50 for time, and that was quite enough for me.

My journal

Comment

Working...
                              X