Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HCG, IF and Ketosis - the Unholy Trinity of Metabolic Downregulation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HCG, IF and Ketosis - the Unholy Trinity of Metabolic Downregulation

    Something to discuss.

    HCG, Intermittent Fasting and Ketosis: the Unholy Trinity of Metabolic Downregulation | Go Kaleo

    M.

  • #2
    She keeps referring to "women" specifically. That's odd.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

    Comment


    • #3
      The whole article sounds like opinions and not facts.

      Comment


      • #4
        First of all, almost every serious dieter out there has tried Atkins, which is based on ketosis. I bet her "successful" majority had done it as much as her fail group.

        And intermittent fasting is so new to the diet scene that hardly any conventional dieters have even heard of it yet. It's hard to believe that any of them have been doing it for years.

        I can believe that HCG and the diet required can screw a metabolism up. I think she's got that part right.

        Comment


        • #5
          The amount of successful dieters doing long term ketosis is less then a handful. Without refeeds, everyone will experience a metabolic slowdown and probably some fat gain. Its just how it is.

          Hcg is just starvation.

          IF is too broad of a term. Yes alternate day fasting with no calorie surplus on the feed days with lead to metabolic problems. A leangains approach certainly will not.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
            First of all, almost every serious dieter out there has tried Atkins, which is based on ketosis. I bet her "successful" majority had done it as much as her fail group.

            And intermittent fasting is so new to the diet scene that hardly any conventional dieters have even heard of it yet. It's hard to believe that any of them have been doing it for years.

            I can believe that HCG and the diet required can screw a metabolism up. I think she's got that part right.
            Agree.

            Comment


            • #7
              Zach, why do you think there are metabolic problems with Intermittent fasting?

              Comment


              • #8
                Interesting. Her thoughts on IF are very vague and not backed up with anything concrete, so I don't count it as a credible source of info. I've had great sucess with IF, and the emerging research about the health benefits of IF, are very promising. It also annoys me to no end when people assume that IF equals starvation, binge eating, constant cravings, being hungry all the time and obsessing about food. I feel the best I ever have in my life, since starting JUDDD/5:2/IF. Even those around me have commented on how my mood has changed-I have a much happier disposition now. I have a.much healthier relationship with food now and and give IF total credit for that. Drives me bonkers when someone equates IF to starving yourself
                *Sara*

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Zach View Post
                  The amount of successful dieters doing long term ketosis is less then a handful. Without refeeds, everyone will experience a metabolic slowdown and probably some fat gain. Its just how it is.
                  You are misreading what she wrote and what I wrote.

                  She does not counsel successful dieters of any sort. They have all failed at dieting. They have given up on dieting and gone to her in desperation.

                  Her "successful" group contains her clients who have readily moved from the dieting metabolism and mentality into a healthy way of eating.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jackaaron View Post
                    Zach, why do you think there are metabolic problems with Intermittent fasting?
                    I dont. Only if there is extreme calorie restriction at the same time. IF when done right seems to improve metabolism among other things.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                      You are misreading what she wrote and what I wrote.

                      She does not counsel successful dieters of any sort. They have all failed at dieting. They have given up on dieting and gone to her in desperation.

                      Her "successful" group contains her clients who have readily moved from the dieting metabolism and mentality into a healthy way of eating.
                      My comment was not directed at you. Its simple fact that long term ketosis will lead to a lowered metabolism. There is a reason there have been almost zero successful long term ketosis dieters. It does not work.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
                        The whole article sounds like opinions and not facts.
                        If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck chances are........

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                          If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck chances are........
                          Yes because opinions of thousands means nothing if there isnt a study to back it up, right. You cannot ignore the massive amount of people eating VLC having metabolic issues after a few solid months.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            They have done studies on Atkins. They haven't found what your anecdotal conjecture tells you from your reading of dozens of complaint threads over the years that involve many different variables. But YMMV. I'm sure following your n=1 you will someday achieve perfection of body, mind, and spirit.

                            The plural of anecdote is not data.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by aliphian View Post
                              She keeps referring to "women" specifically. That's odd.
                              I think it's because most (all?) of her clients are women. And, let's face it, when it comes to weight loss, men and women are not exactly the same. This is probably because our endocrine systems are not the same, and metabolic regulation is mostly mediated by hormones. So what works well for men may not work well for women.

                              I think the jury is still out on whether long fasts are beneficial to women.
                              Last edited by diene; 05-01-2013, 10:21 AM. Reason: typo

                              My journal

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X