• Show
Clear All

• High fat meal erection killers?

High Fat Meal

Lolz. Tell that to my underwear.
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Haha.

The title of the article says "High Fat" but the body of the article says "Low Carb Low Carb Low Carb Low Carb Low Carb Low Carb Low Carb".
      Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
      5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
      Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
      TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
      bloodorchid is always right

Comment

No issues here.
        Cherry picked data, easily refuted.
        "There are no short cuts to enlightenment, the journey is the destination, you have to walk this path alone"

Comment

What about the fact the testosterone is ONLY made from cholesterol and saturated fats?

Yeah, I bet your erection is real happy with your fat-free diet.
          "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

N=1: my fiance is more.... ehem... rock-like than he's ever been and sex (while it's always been good) is only improving for both parties. More often, for longer and better.

Also some parts of this study address the correlation between a high-fat diet, high-activity life and harder erections: Suppression of endogenous testosterone production attenuates the response to strength training: a randomized, placebo-controlled, and blinded intervention study
            --
            Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
            I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
            I'd apologize, but...

Comment

A large meal maybe, but sensible portions with most calories coming from fat is good for you.
              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Fat intake modulates cerebral blood flow in homeostatic and gustatory brain areas in humans

Comment

EFA gotta have them no doubt BCCA gotta have them no doubt but the body can make all the cholesterol it needs. There is no need for extra but..I consume the hell out of fat and been doing fine lol.

Comment

I'll ask my wife if she would like to reply to this......

Oh, and I'm even HF and LC

Comment

My little erection doesn't seem to have any issues. (HFLC)
                      My husbands much larger one doesn't either. (Higher carb than me, but still high fat and low carb by most definitions.)

Shrug.
                      Last edited by cori93437; 05-01-2013, 07:43 AM.
                      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

^ True dat! Women have erectile tissue too! Let your voice be heard!

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                          What about the fact the testosterone is ONLY made from cholesterol, NOT saturated fats?
                          fixed

Comment

Originally posted by Timthetaco View Post
                            fixed
                            relevant data:

Abstract

Volek, Jeff S., William J. Kraemer, Jill A. Bush, Thomas Incledon, and Mark Boetes. Testosterone and cortisol in relationship to dietary nutrients and resistance exercise.J. Appl. Physiol. 82(1): 49–54, 1997.—Manipulation of resistance exercise variables (i.e., intensity, volume, and rest periods) affects the endocrine response to exercise; however, the influence of dietary nutrients on basal and exercise-induced concentrations of hormones is less understood. The present study examined the relationship between dietary nutrients and resting and exercise-induced blood concentrations of testosterone (T) and cortisol (C). Twelve men performed a bench press exercise protocol (5 sets to failure using a 10-repetitions maximum load) and a jump squat protocol (5 sets of 10 repetitions using 30% of each subject’s 1-repetition maximum squat) with 2 min of rest between all sets. A blood sample was obtained at preexercise and 5 min postexercise for determination of serum T and C. Subjects also completed detailed dietary food records for a total of 17 days. There was a significant (P ≤ 0.05) increase in postexercise T compared with preexercise values for both the bench press (7.4%) and jump squat (15.1%) protocols; however, C was not significantly different from preexercise concentrations. Significant correlations were observed between preexercise T and percent energy protein (r = −0.71), percent energy fat (r = 0.72), saturated fatty acids (g ⋅ 1,000 kcal−1 ⋅ day−1;r = 0.77), monounsaturated fatty acids (g ⋅ 1,000 kcal−1 ⋅ day−1;r = 0.79), the polyunsaturated fat-to-saturated fat ratio (r = −0.63), and the protein-to-carbohydrate ratio (r = −0.59). There were no significant correlations observed between any nutritional variables and preexercise C or the absolute increase in T and C after exercise. These data confirm that high-intensity resistance exercise results in elevated postexercise T concentrations. A more impressive finding was that dietary nutrients may be capable of modulating resting concentrations of T.

Comment

Working...
                            X