high fat + high carb ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by counterpuncher View Post
    If we eat high carb and fat, our bodies will burn the carbs first, and the fat will go directly to storage.
    Carbs are always used first.
    Absolutely true,
    This is because fat is much easier to transport around the body and store with minimal processing, while on the other hand glucose is harder to store and elevated levels present a significant risk to the entire body so it must be dealt with as a priority.
    "There are no short cuts to enlightenment, the journey is the destination, you have to walk this path alone"

Comment

Originally posted by egyption grok View Post
      can someone explain to me why eating high fat + high carb is the worst option and would make you gain weight "i read this in on of the posts just cant remember which one "
      Actually, the worst option is no-fat no-carb. Because then you encounter 'rabbit starvation'

But yeah, one reason why high fat high carb is the worst option bad for weight gain is because people need protein, so tend to overeat when not getting enough of it.
      Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
      5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
      Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
      TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
      bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Working...
      X