Knifegill's Steak and Eggs Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't believe it's already day 13!!!

Pics soon, for sure. I am pinching less and less fat at the love handle area. I don't have calipers, but my fingers know what tubby is. And my pants are falling down.

Almost every meal is just steak and eggs now, but I'll record anything that isn't. When I wake up, I'm going to probably eat the bacon before it gets too old. It's been in there for a week already!

I stink. I don't know if it's ketones or not, but I stink.
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
      Carb refeed! 9 kiwis, two mangoes, 3 cup of blueberries, 12 ounces oyster, 9 servings of cashew - okay, still a little high-fat. Meh, I've definitely spiked my glucose mechanisms.
      I plan everything out the day before and tweak it until I have minimized the fat and maximized the carbs.

Comment

Can't believe it's already day 13!!!

Pics soon, for sure. I am pinching less and less fat at the love handle area. I don't have calipers, but my fingers know what tubby is. And my pants are falling down.

Almost every meal is just steak and eggs now, but I'll record anything that isn't. When I wake up, I'm going to probably eat the bacon before it gets too old. It's been in there for a week already!

I stink. I don't know if it's ketones or not, but I stink.
        Definitely sounds like you are generating some serious ketones. One thing I have noticed is that I have to constantly brush my teeth or my wife complains about my breath when I go VLC.
        Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

Comment

Originally posted by canuck416 View Post
          One thing I have noticed is that I have to constantly brush my teeth or my wife complains about my breath when I go VLC.
          Same here. I haven't jumped on the steakandeggs bandwagon just yet, but if I get under 50g or so of carbs in a day my wife offers me breath mints.
          The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

Color is totally off, but progress is being made! Let's make this clear, I'm extreeeeeeeeemley white. The tan happened in the camera. And that battle scar, below my right nipple? I was cuddling kitty and kitty kicked me.
            Last edited by Knifegill; 05-17-2013, 06:42 PM.
            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I learned something new today. The kombucha you are drinking is not the kombucha I drink here in Japan. Traditional kombucha is seaweed tea. The Japanese call what you are drinking kōcha kinoko, or red mushroom tea. It makes so much more sense to me now why that would help with digestion. It's got live cultures, while the stuff here is just brewed seaweed.

Also, nice progress so far.

Comment

Originally posted by whitegirlinasia View Post
                I learned something new today. The kombucha you are drinking is not the kombucha I drink here in Japan. Traditional kombucha is seaweed tea. The Japanese call what you are drinking kōcha kinoko, or red mushroom tea. It makes so much more sense to me now why that would help with digestion. It's got live cultures, while the stuff here is just brewed seaweed.
                I was confused by that too, knowing "kombucha" meant "kelp tea".

Comment

Yes, the kombucha I drink is fermented green tea, with the SCOBY on top and all. Very acidic and naturally carbonated. Hippie Soda.
                  Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Carbing up today and tomorrow! Pile of veggies, cups of berries, three rotten alcoholic bananas, two chocolate bars (Chocolove ginger and cherry!), box of mango coconut water, the list rolls on!
                    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Carbing up today and tomorrow! Pile of veggies, cups of berries, three rotten alcoholic bananas, two chocolate bars (Chocolove ginger and cherry!), box of mango coconut water, the list rolls on!
                      Yum, sounds good! Especially the Chocolove ginger and cherry. I can see some changes in your body comp, the six pack is beginnig to show more definition.

Comment

Slowly but surely! Yay!
                        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Oh, I didn't say it here, but I just did my personal best yesterday - 40 reps in one set of push-ups!
                          Today is our family Mothers' Day and my birthday celebration, and I could have ground beef and eggs over there, but my MIL makes an amazing gluten-free chocolate cake with eggs, and I think bananas, etc., that I'm definitely going to download! Going to stay in refeed mode today.
                          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Oh, I didn't say it here, but I just did my personal best yesterday - 40 reps in one set of push-ups!
                            Today is our family Mothers' Day and my birthday celebration, and I could have ground beef and eggs over there, but my MIL makes an amazing gluten-free chocolate cake with eggs, and I think bananas, etc., that I'm definitely going to download! Going to stay in refeed mode today.
                            Happy Birthday Knifegill, have a great day!

Comment

Photo!

Comment

Photo of the cake? I think I could arrange that!
                                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Working...
                                X