No announcement yet.

Knifegill's Steak and Eggs Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My computer can't use MDA now that they added the ad about the app. I'm trying to post this again!

Yes, it would be hard to find real food like steak and eggs at the factories.

Steak and eggs = satiety! Oh, God, I am NOT hungry at all.

Hit 1700 calories this meal. Will add that info as I roll onward!
    Last edited by Knifegill; 05-01-2013, 10:21 AM.
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

On grocery day, my wife tells me I can have all of her old eggs. We thought she had a dozen and some on top of that, so I only bought three dozen. Well, the numbers are spot on, but when I went to crack an egg into the pan - BEHOLD - it was solid! She has boiled said eggs, rendering them useless to me! The atrocity! The sulfurous potential of over a dozen boiled eggs! Nooo!

So I only have two eggs this meal, 5-1-13 PM. .6 ounces of very nice steak, two eggs, black coffee, and coconut milk to make up the difference of missing eggs.
      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
        On grocery day, my wife tells me I can have all of her old eggs. We thought she had a dozen and some on top of that, so I only bought three dozen. Well, the numbers are spot on, but when I went to crack an egg into the pan - BEHOLD - it was solid! She has boiled said eggs, rendering them useless to me! The atrocity! The sulfurous potential of over a dozen boiled eggs! Nooo!

So I only have two eggs this meal, 5-1-13 PM. .6 ounces of very nice steak, two eggs, black coffee, and coconut milk to make up the difference of missing eggs.
        Cold boiled egg yolks are great with butter smashed into them. I just had 3.

Comment

I am enjoying a nice kombucha after my steak and sweet potato dinner... aahhhh.. it's the little things...
          "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Cold boiled egg yolks are great with butter smashed into them. I just had 3.
            That's if you can digest them...
            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I would trade you, but you're so far away.

Comment

Lol @ UPS people carrying around our eggs if we shipped them.

Starting: April 30TH
                Body fat 18.4%
                Weight 186.8 pounds

Current: May 2nd
                Body fat 17.5%
                Weight 178 pounds

Bench pressed my max, 2X (so, not my max anymore, ?!), then curled 45 pound freeweights symmetrically 10X.

Another duplicate .6 pound steak, and I think I found some good eggs in the fridge - about to find out. If so, I'll eat six. If not, I'm having oysters with my steak, lol.
                Last edited by Knifegill; 05-02-2013, 08:30 AM.
                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Just had a 10oz ribeye and 6 eggs to support your quest. Keep up the good work
                  Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

I think duck eggs will be my salvation. The yolks are always at least twice as big, so three duck eggs is about as good as 5-6 chicken eggs. That frees up enough money for steak that I can probably afford this. I have to try to cram all this food into $50.00.

three duck eggs are 390 calories, 1 pound steak is about 800 calories. That's 1190 calories per meal, x2 per day is 2380 calories per day. Darn.

Four duck eggs are 520 calories + 800 is 1320 calories x2 is 2640. That's a little better, then add lots of tallow and coconut oil to the eggs, I'll likely hit 2800-ish per day. That's acceptable. It also means I need 3 dozen duck eggs, so between 18.00 and 21.00 for duck eggs leaves only 30.00 for 14 steaks. 2.00 per pound of steak? Oh, hell no. That can't happen. I have a freezer with beef hearts in there. Those count as steak, don't they? I really don't want to eat conventional ground beef...ever.
                    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I'm definitely considering beef hearts as a way to save money.
                      Although the only time I've tried them in stir fry I wasn't a big fan of the taste. Love them in stews though...

Comment

I looked up duck eggs, and could only find one producer in the state, who is 2-1/2 hours north of me. That won't be happening.

Comment

I looked up duck eggs, and could only find one producer in the state, who is 2-1/2 hours north of me. That won't be happening.
                          Aww, sadness. I don't trust the internet, it only knows about things that are on the internet. Have you tried asking people at grocery stores? I've had really good luck making connections that way.

Today: Ran out of steak and eggs, having 3/4 pound beef heart for breakfast AM 5-3-13. This is also my reprogramming day going back to daywalking, so I might sleep through dinner anyway! Sunday will end up being refeed day, family stuff planned...
                          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

"Coconut Soldier
                            Breadless Pasta"

Dead.
                            I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

The parody is dead? Bob Marley is dead? Or you are thinking of the Grateful Dead?
                              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I was dead from the joke. I'm back now, resurrected and it feels so good.
                                I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X