Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vit. B – the hunger vitamin?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vit. B – the hunger vitamin?

    Alright, I have noticed it before – food high in B–vitamins gives me hunger pangs! I have for sure experienced it from Brewers yeast, B-complex vitamins and also when I years ago got intra muscular B-complex due to low iron depots. Cereals, bread and corn are foods usually high in B vitamins also give many people hunger and cravings. And my last tryout, a synthetic B-complex gives me more hunger for sure, so what do you think, is it possible that it is vitamin B that makes people overeat due to creating hunger and cravings?
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

    - Schopenhauer

  • #2
    I doubt it's the Vit. B. The foods you name are also HIGH in carbs, and that is what stimulates hunger because of the high insulin response that soon drops the blood sugar level too low.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by emmie View Post
      I doubt it's the Vit. B. The foods you name are also HIGH in carbs, and that is what stimulates hunger because of the high insulin response that soon drops the blood sugar level too low.
      Except insulin doesn't stimulate hunger, it reduces it.

      Glucose reduces hunger more than fat. People around here think fat is satiating because it's attached to protein and they confuse the two. Protein is satiating, not fat. Take steamed chicken breast and pork sausage. Place a pound of each on a plate. I guarantee you'll consume nearly double the calories from pork sausage even though it's loaded with fat while the chicken breast is nearly fat free. It's very hard to overconsume carbohydrate and protein unless it is loaded with fat (chicken wings vs chicken breast, boiled potatoes vs baked potatoes loaded with sour cream and butter, straight flour vs cake...which has more calories from fat than sugars, etc.)
      Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 04-26-2013, 01:46 PM.
      Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

      Comment


      • #4
        Zero carbs in synthetic B-complex and B-complex injections, and "only" around 50 % carbs in Brewers yeast! Those things gives me more hunger pangs than almost any other foods that I know, included pure sugar...
        "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

        - Schopenhauer

        Comment


        • #5
          Isn't it because the chicken breast it a bit dry and bland that it is hard to overeat?

          Comment


          • #6
            After eating yeast I'd sure need something to wash that nasty taste out of my mouth.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by freerangepiglings View Post
              Isn't it because the chicken breast it a bit dry and bland that it is hard to overeat?
              Chicken breast isn't dry. Its water content is on par with pretty much every other meat out there. Some people are bad cooks and overcook it, but that can be said about any meat. The driest meats I've ever had are overcooked cheap cuts of steak. Ever have well done london broil? Painfully bad.

              Chicken breast is much more satisfying per calorie than fatty steak or pork because it's higher in protein with a similar water content.
              Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
                Except insulin doesn't stimulate hunger, it reduces it.

                Glucose reduces hunger more than fat. People around here think fat is satiating because it's attached to protein and they confuse the two. Protein is satiating, not fat. Take steamed chicken breast and pork sausage. Place a pound of each on a plate. I guarantee you'll consume nearly double the calories from pork sausage even though it's loaded with fat while the chicken breast is nearly fat free. It's very hard to overconsume carbohydrate and protein unless it is loaded with fat (chicken wings vs chicken breast, boiled potatoes vs baked potatoes loaded with sour cream and butter, straight flour vs cake...which has more calories from fat than sugars, etc.)
                i don't know what planet you live on... but it's not mine

                are you an illegal immigrant from mars?
                beautiful
                yeah you are

                Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                lol

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
                  Zero carbs in synthetic B-complex and B-complex injections, and "only" around 50 % carbs in Brewers yeast! Those things gives me more hunger pangs than almost any other foods that I know, included pure sugar...
                  None of those are food though .....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                    i don't know what planet you live on... but it's not mine

                    are you an illegal immigrant from mars?

                    Hard to overeat protein and carbs? So the low fat craze that worked out so well right? Nah, I'm good with protein and fat for primary fuel with a bit of carbs for that "overdrive" speed when needed. Funny how things work out... thats about the proportions our bodies are made of and the proportions we tend to catabolize to when fasting! Sweet.
                    Last edited by Neckhammer; 04-26-2013, 06:08 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by freerangepiglings View Post
                      Isn't it because the chicken breast it a bit dry and bland that it is hard to overeat?
                      Yes....its like saying hey shoe leather is really hard to overeat.... its got very high satiety! Good diet food indeed.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Cierra
                        .... The chicken breast I prepare is neeeever bland or dry! As chocotaco said, you must not know very skilled cooks. Brining, marinating, adequate spicing, and proper cooking temperatures/times will always result in amazingly delicious chicken breast. The only time I've had dry chicken is when I grill it for too long on an open flame.

                        Thats a lot of work to make something edible..... funny how all it takes is an open flame to make a steak taste fantastic but you gotta do backflips to make chicken breast edible. I bet you could do wonders with shoe leather too

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                          i don't know what planet you live on... but it's not mine

                          are you an illegal immigrant from mars?
                          They actually did a study to see why Atkins diet worked and did a documentary on it. They found the biggest reason Atkins worked was people consumed less calories, even though they could eat what they wanted. They then went on to see what it was that filled up people. They found it was protein.
                          55 yr old male


                          07/01/2013

                          Weight; 199
                          Chest; 41.5
                          Waist; 42
                          Hips; 40
                          Thigh; 22.5
                          Calf; 15
                          Bicep: 13
                          Forearm; 11.5
                          Neck; 17

                          07/20/2013

                          Weight; 200
                          Chest; 42
                          Waist; 42.5
                          Hips; 39
                          Thigh; 23
                          Calf; 15
                          Bicep: 13
                          Forearm; 11.5
                          Neck; 16

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I said my planet, not everybody's
                            beautiful
                            yeah you are

                            Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                            lol

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Cierra
                              I find it hard to consider mixing up a few ingredients in a bowl, adding chicken, and refrigerating "a lot of work."

                              However, in my veg/vegan days I did have the skills to make tofu and seitan quite edible. So...maybe I could do wonders with shoe leather and feed it to you!
                              It probably has a great collagen content. Ray Peat would approve. If you washed it down with sugared/salted OJ.
                              The Champagne of Beards

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X