Vit. B the hunger vitamin?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Thats a lot of work to make something edible..... funny how all it takes is an open flame to make a steak taste fantastic but you gotta do backflips to make chicken breast edible. I bet you could do wonders with shoe leather too
    How to make cold cooked chicken breasts edible: put them through the food processor with equal parts of kimchi and a large dollop of mayonnaise.

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
      It probably has a great collagen content. Ray Peat would approve. If you washed it down with sugared/salted OJ.
      I have a sneaky suspicion Ray is just a huge Jello fan and decided to dedicate his life to proving that its the perfect food source.

Originally posted by Cierra
      I find it hard to consider mixing up a few ingredients in a bowl, adding chicken, and refrigerating "a lot of work."

However, in my veg/vegan days I did have the skills to make tofu and seitan quite edible. So...maybe I could do wonders with shoe leather and feed it to you!
      heheh... hey eat what you love I say! I love chicken thighs with skin and all (gots to get my collagen ). Back in the day I did the 5day/week body builder split eating 6x/day with chicken breast accounting for most of those meals.... burned out to say the least. Now I'm high fat (for 3 years) and loving food and training just 2x/week. Definitely a to each their own situation.

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
        How to make cold cooked chicken breasts edible: put them through the food processor with equal parts of kimchi and a large dollop of mayonnaise.
        That does sound good..... love me some kimchi and mayo as flavoring agents. My wife makes homemade mayo at least once a week.

Comment

None of those are food though .....
          ...And that's exactely my point! What's up with vitamin B, one or various from the B-complex that creates hunger or stimulates appetite and makes you want to eat more? I have seen studies on rodents, and if I remember correctly also some old studies on humans, where Brewers yeast makes rodents/humans gain weight, so I wonder if this is related to some of the B-vitamins? A possibilty is that the B-vitamins increase the metabolism, makes you spend more energy and because of that you get hungry faster! Here an article that alludes that as a possibility:

Why Do Vitamins Make You Hungry? | eHow.com
          "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Thats a lot of work to make something edible..... funny how all it takes is an open flame to make a steak taste fantastic but you gotta do backflips to make chicken breast edible. I bet you could do wonders with shoe leather too
            Are you serious? All you gotta do with chicken breast is chop it up and throw it in a curry! Soaks up flavour and is waaay more succulent than beef cooked the same way.

Not that I eat chicken these days anyway. (Thanks a bunch, Peat )
            "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
              It probably has a great collagen content. Ray Peat would approve. If you washed it down with sugared/salted OJ.
              I think Rich has a crush on Ray Peat. He brings him into EVERY conversation!

Yo, Rich - they have a forum for people like you... join the other Ray Peat pleasure seekers
              "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
                Chicken breast isn't dry. Its water content is on par with pretty much every other meat out there. Some people are bad cooks and overcook it, but that can be said about any meat. The driest meats I've ever had are overcooked cheap cuts of steak. Ever have well done london broil? Painfully bad.

Chicken breast is much more satisfying per calorie than fatty steak or pork because it's higher in protein with a similar water content.
                In your opinion......
                The life I have today is far better than I deserve.......

M, 58, 6'0
                SW - 192
                CW - 180
                GW - 165-170

Current addiction: ice cream (and sugar in general).....doing battle with it!

Comment

Fat is definitely what satiates me. If I have chicken breast with veges/salad I'm starving. Add fat and I'm sweet. I wouldn't be surprised if its different per individual. I have read research years ago that most Asians are satiated by high carbs quite quickly. My background is Northern European so it makes sense I'm a fat loving beast. Pass me the dairy please

Comment

Originally posted by sroelofs View Post
                    Fat is definitely what satiates me. If I have chicken breast with veges/salad I'm starving. Add fat and I'm sweet. I wouldn't be surprised if its different per individual. I have read research years ago that most Asians are satiated by high carbs quite quickly. My background is Northern European so it makes sense I'm a fat loving beast. Pass me the dairy please
                    Me too. My system *needs* fat. I'd have to add butter to the veggies and have the chicken skin-on or it'd have to be fried or there would have to be cheese added somewhere. Fat makes me calmer and stops me craving refined carbs and sugar. My work mates got a pizza yesterday. I wanted it too but I put extra butter on my home cooked dinner and was able to resist the pizza.

Comment

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
                      Ever have well done london broil? Painfully bad.
                      Choco, didn't you mention london broil in the crockpot in that other thread where the dude was calling you out? If so is that why you know firsthand about how it is so bad when it's cooked to "well done" :-P

Comment

Working...
                      X