No announcement yet.

Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stumbled this website about steak and egg diet.

Hi All,

I'm obviously new here and I stumbled upon this forum and I'd like to share my experience with my steak and egg diet in detail in my next post.

I discovered Steak and Egg diet by accident because I got separated with my wife and I don't know how to cook because I'm severely colorblind plus I don't really cook to begin with.

I also knew what Ketosis was but I ignored it because of the 'old thinking' that fats is BAD for you but I was completely wrong. I found out Ketosis through my cousin Dan. He has been telling me for years to try that but I was close minded. I wish I should've listened earlier.

I got inspired by my friend Kylie. I started dieting earlier than her but yet she beat me to it. That's when I realised that I'm doing something wrong. Absolutely wrong and opened up my mind.

When I discovered Steak and Egg diet. I was VERY hesitant because lets admit it. If someone in a forum says "They've done it", its not enough to believe that it actually works. To see is to believe and I'd like to thank Trevor of acalltoaction.net for his before and after photos (reference: Steak and Eggs Diet Challenge -- Intro | A Call to Action ). I was convinced to give it a go as soon as I saw his progress.

Unfortunately I'm currently at work I will remain vigilant to posts in grave detail how I have done it. Nonetheless, below is my result of 8-9 weeks of steak and egg diet.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I was 68kgs, 5'7"5 and at the mid photo I'm 64kgs and until now 65kgs.

--I'll post soon

Comment

• Originally posted by banjo_d View Post
      Hi All,

I'm obviously new here and I stumbled upon this forum and I'd like to share my experience with my steak and egg diet in detail in my next post.

I discovered Steak and Egg diet by accident because I got separated with my wife and I don't know how to cook because I'm severely colorblind plus I don't really cook to begin with.

I also knew what Ketosis was but I ignored it because of the 'old thinking' that fats is BAD for you but I was completely wrong. I found out Ketosis through my cousin Dan. He has been telling me for years to try that but I was close minded. I wish I should've listened earlier.

I got inspired by my friend Kylie. I started dieting earlier than her but yet she beat me to it. That's when I realised that I'm doing something wrong. Absolutely wrong and opened up my mind.

When I discovered Steak and Egg diet. I was VERY hesitant because lets admit it. If someone in a forum says "They've done it", its not enough to believe that it actually works. To see is to believe and I'd like to thank Trevor of acalltoaction.net for his before and after photos (reference: Steak and Eggs Diet Challenge -- Intro | A Call to Action ). I was convinced to give it a go as soon as I saw his progress.

Unfortunately I'm currently at work I will remain vigilant to posts in grave detail how I have done it. Nonetheless, below is my result of 8-9 weeks of steak and egg diet.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I was 68kgs, 5'7"5 and at the mid photo I'm 64kgs and until now 65kgs.

--I'll post soon
      Outstanding results Banjo! The 9th week photo shows outstanding mid section definition. Looking forward to reading your detailed review later.
      Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

Comment

• I love s&e diet. I tried adding more low carb veggies back in and all it did was upset my stomach. Apparently my body happily adapted to only eating animal parts. Easier digestion!! I try not to stress when I eat a bit of raw almonds or 88% dark choco here and there since right now my school/ work life is stressful (going through hiring process for law firms; taking patent bar; work; gym; etc). I also have unfortunately been drinking starbucks with soy (shame!). I will resume strict s&e whenever things calm down a bit.
        ------
        HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• I'm late to the party. This is my second day of pure steak and eggs. The day before I actually started on all egg diet (there is another thread discussing it). Then I saw this thread, and decided this is more fun. So in addition to all the eggs I ate, I made another steak and eggs meal. Definitely more enjoyable.

6'1" Male. 38 years. 285# at the beginning. I weighed myself this morning and the scale said 278#. Lots of water weight. Lots of fat to lose.

I am a software developer, so my life style used to be mostly sedentary. I started Couch to 5K program in March and completed it in May. Had to skip a few weeks of running due to extremely hot weather. It's much nicer these days so I started running again. The combination of running and this diet makes me hopeful.

I realized that I've been trying to lose weight for over 10 years now, going on different diets. PB made more sense to me that most. Still, no matter what I try, eventually I come back to 285. Getting down to 265# is my 10-year best (I was on Zone diet then). Once I got out of the Zone, I went back to 285.

So now it's steak and eggs, and exercise. Let's see what happens.

Comment

• Anyone still doing the S&E diet? I'll be back on it starting tomorrow - can't wait, although I'm doing the minced beef (sometimes salmon) and eggs diet!

Comment

• Originally posted by CavemanJoe View Post
              Anyone still doing the S&E diet? I'll be back on it starting tomorrow - can't wait, although I'm doing the minced beef (sometimes salmon) and eggs diet!
              The thread lives on!

Well I did strict steak & eggs plus green leafy veggies for a month back in May. Leanest I've been in 15yrs.

Been lifting at the gym and bulking up a bit. Now time to do it again, but modified -- fatty fish, steak, eggs, green veggies.

Comment

• Originally posted by KimchiNinja View Post
                The thread lives on!

Well I did strict steak & eggs plus green leafy veggies for a month back in May. Leanest I've been in 15yrs.

Been lifting at the gym and bulking up a bit. Now time to do it again, but modified -- fatty fish, steak, eggs, green veggies.
                Yep, that's what I'm doing now. Had a pound of salmon on a bed of spinach with a couple of eggs this morning. Dinner will be half pound ground beef with a few eggs and some asparagus.

Comment

• Started today lets see how it goes breakfast around 11 am with 4 eggs dinner around 5pm with steak and two eggs .....did fine but have a metallic taste in my mouth right now .... Took a teaspoon of coconut oil as well need to drop at least 20 lbs didnt exercise much but will do more tomorrow

Comment

• I started Steak and Eggs today.

I have read "A call to action" so many times in the past. I've been sitting reading through the first 20 pages of this thread WISHING I would have found you all when you were doing this. I was probably experimenting at that time too.

I plan to keep posting here for a few days...if anyone wants to join me PLEASE DO!

I started lifting last week after a year or so break. I've got a good 5 days in over the past 7. Today, I modified the diet a bit modified but my macros are good.
                    62% fat
                    2% carbs
                    36% protein

Comment

• Hey, Mora!
                      Just thought I'd let you know there was a more recent "Steak and Eggs" thread, which can be found here: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d.php?t=102340
                      Last edited by _bear; 05-27-2014, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KimchiNinja View Post
                        ...cranked out 45min of 8x8 sets this morning after drinking 12 eggs and heavy cream.
                        Just got totally ripped doing 8x8 sets this morning. Still a fan.

Comment

• Glad I found this thread! I'm starting S&E tomorrow for 4 weeks. going to have those carb load days primal but with veggies, some fish, and berries. I'm excited to see how my body reacts/changes through this.

Comment

• I keep trying to find more info about females on S&E with no luck except this thread but it's been awhile since the original posters posted. I know I said I would give it a go last November, well this is day three. I figure I can continue the thread to see if anything amazing happens and have a record of it for future humans .

Day 1

B: 3 scrambled eggs and 3 ounces of pork shoulder
                            L: More scrambled eggs and more pork shoulder
                            D: 6 ounces of london broil, hamburger patty, 1 fried egg, 1 hard-boiled egg, and two strips of bacon

70 ounces of water.

Calories: 1,486
                            Carbs: 9
                            Protein: 140

39% protein
                            59% fat
                            2% carbs

DAG YO! I don't feel like crap, just sleepy. That's because I went to bed at 1130 after working the second job and woke up at 7 for my regular job the next day. Tonight I get out at 8, will make a quick stop at Whole Foods and come home eat shower and sleep. I'm aiming to get 8 hours a day.

Day 2

Another day has passed...

B: 3 strips of bacon, two hamburgers (no bread and fancy toppings of course), 5 hard-boiled eggs, two of which I only ate the yolks
                            D: 8 ounces grass fess 85/15 ground beef cooked in Kerrygold, didn't need it but I wanted the butter, 4 scrambled eggs

Drank over 80 ounces of water

Felt tired at the end of the day, not hungry but my mouth wanted to chew something lol. Mindless eating habits it seems but I stayed on track.

TMI Time!

BM was scary...could be the crap I ate prior to Thursday. It seemed soul shattering, lol.

Carb: 1%
                            Fat: 66%
                            Protein: 33%

Comment

• Day 3 and 4 finished!

Saturday I worked all day at the studio, lots of standing. I brought six hard boiled eggs with me and ate one completely and the other 5 I ate only the yolks. I didn't want to eat the egg whites for some reason. Also ate some leftover ground beef from the night before. Drank 3 liters of water too.

Sunday, got up and did two dharma yoga classes. Wasn't hungry. Went to the local farmers market to see if there were eggs available and wound up buying beef sausage and grass fed bone marrow. They didn't have any eggs. I went home and fried a few strips of bacon, 4 eggs and one sausage. I roasted the bone marrow and ate that as well. It was really delicious and I saved the fat/oil that was in the pan to be used later.

I went to sleep around 230 in the afternoon. I've felt exhausted from the lack of sleep lately and slept the whole day. Now I'm up posting.

Today is supposed to be the carb up day. I have a few figs and dates to have a little sweet today but I'm going to get some smoked salmon and veggies! It'll be good.

Saturday:
                              Carbs: 2%
                              Fat: 69%
                              Protein: 29%

Sunday:
                              Carbs: 2%
                              Fat: 67%
                              Protein: 31%
                              Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• I decided to do a steak and eggs run for the first time last spring, and that along with a regular workout regimen helped me transform my body completely.

Unfortunately, I ran into some health issues, which I figured out was from my consumption of red meat, so I had to stop the routine.

I've tried other forms of keto, but not with nearly the same success. My guess is without the regular consumption of steak, I'm not getting the fat nor testosterone increases needed to generate the same rapid loss of body fat.

I've been on a low-carb routine now for the past two months, and while my fat loss initially was notable, I've stagnated over the past month.

I've been eating mostly chicken, turkey, and fish throughout that time along with eggs and vegetables.

Is there perhaps another alternative to steak and eggs with something to replace the steak?

I loved the diet, not just for the results, but for the simplicity, you know what you're going to eat and that's what you eat, but I also think it's maximum effectiveness comes with a regular workout schedule.

This is an awesome thread, big thanks to all of the contributors thus far.

Comment

Working...
                                X