Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
    Eat fattier meat.
    Irrelevant Eat 8 eggs and 2lbs of steak with butter is to general and bonk.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by pyro13g View Post
      Irrelevant Eat 8 eggs and 2lbs of steak with butter is to general and bonk.
      I don't even know what this means.

      If it doesn't appeal to you, or you don't think it will work for you, don't do it.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
        I don't even know what this means.

        If it doesn't appeal to you, or you don't think it will work for you, don't do it.
        If you don't get what I said then do not try the egg, steak, and butter DIET

        " But I doubt you will be in calorie deficit eating 1 1/2 to 2 lbs of steak and 8 eggs cooked in butter each day." You didn't make that comment, I was just debunking it. It's too general and could lead people to gaining weight and some paunch where they don't want it if in a surplus of energy. Could also lead to loss of muscle/metabolism for those short on energy.

        Posting a Vince Gironda strategy used on elites, well you have to think about that and apply it to the non-elite. There's crossover to us made of of average genetics but the results will not be the same.
        Last edited by pyro13g; 04-25-2013, 08:33 PM.

        Comment


        • #64
          April results are in and I'm pumped up. "Steak and eggs" just started this week, so whatever impact that will have, will be reflected next month.

          "InBody" Composition Analysis:
          Dec - 190lb, 30% bodyfat, .94 hip/waist ratio (Mid-Dec)
          Jan - 173lb, 20% bodyfat, .90 hip/waist ratio, +7.3lb lean mass
          Feb - 174lb, 19% bodyfat, .89 hip/waist ratio, +2.2lb lean mass
          Mar - 172lb, 17% bodyfat, .88 hip/waist ratio, +0.4lb lean mass
          Apr - 170lb, 16% bodyfat, .88 hip/waist ratio, +1.1lb lean mass

          YTD - 28lbs fat lost, 11lbs lean mass gained, 1lb "mineral" lost, net change lost 18lbs. *

          * Based on electrode analysis using an InBody machine, it is supposed to be one of the more accurate methods available...and I'm not going to argue with results since they pass the "makes sense" test. The only number I was shocked at was the +7lb lean mass in 6wks when switching to "paleolithic" nutrition. Breaking it down the machine said intra/extra-celular water stayed roughly the same and "protein" category increased 8lbs. So all I can guess is that skeleton/muscle jumped with the sudden massive boost in quality protein intake.

          After that initial jump seem to be averaging 1lb muscle per month, plus some body fat reduction. Goal is to hit 12% BF and then hammer away on strength training, so lots more work in 2013. But I think "steak and eggs" plus 8x8 old school sets in May/June will help get there...
          Attached Files

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by KimchiNinja View Post
            April results are in and I'm pumped up. "Steak and eggs" just started this week, so whatever impact that will have, will be reflected next month.

            "InBody" Composition Analysis:
            Dec - 190lb, 30% bodyfat, .94 hip/waist ratio (Mid-Dec)
            Jan - 173lb, 20% bodyfat, .90 hip/waist ratio, +7.3lb lean mass
            Feb - 174lb, 19% bodyfat, .89 hip/waist ratio, +2.2lb lean mass
            Mar - 172lb, 17% bodyfat, .88 hip/waist ratio, +0.4lb lean mass
            Apr - 170lb, 16% bodyfat, .88 hip/waist ratio, +1.1lb lean mass

            YTD - 28lbs fat lost, 11lbs lean mass gained, 1lb "mineral" lost, net change lost 18lbs. *

            * Based on electrode analysis using an InBody machine, it is supposed to be one of the more accurate methods available...and I'm not going to argue with results since they pass the "makes sense" test. The only number I was shocked at was the +7lb lean mass in 6wks when switching to "paleolithic" nutrition. Breaking it down the machine said intra/extra-celular water stayed roughly the same and "protein" category increased 8lbs. So all I can guess is that skeleton/muscle jumped with the sudden massive boost in quality protein intake.

            After that initial jump seem to be averaging 1lb muscle per month, plus some body fat reduction. Goal is to hit 12% BF and then hammer away on strength training, so lots more work in 2013. But I think "steak and eggs" plus 8x8 old school sets in May/June will help get there...
            So tell us what you did to make lean mass increase.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by canuck416 View Post
              I am sure you could use any fatty meat but then it wouldn't be called a "Steak and Eggs Diet". Back in the 70s they just stuck primarily with steak and eggs adding some other meat once and a while probably won't make a difference but try and stick with Steak (your variety can come from different types of steak). The Steak and Eggs diet was developed by famous bodybuilding trainer Vince Gironda as a way to burn off all excess bodyfat. It is the simplest diet in existence and it is one of the most effective.
              Agree, I'm a big fan of "do what works" and wait for theory to catch up. This diet was proven to work by the old school guys (Gironda, Arnold, Scott, etc). Yes, as some mention it goes over on protein, and thus may throw you out of ketosis, and maybe steak gets old, but so what. There could be something to it.

              By the way I'm eating a grass-fed t-bone steak and butter as I type this hehe...cranked out 45min of 8x8 sets this morning after drinking 12 eggs and heavy cream.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by KimchiNinja View Post
                Agree, I'm a big fan of "do what works" and wait for theory to catch up. This diet was proven to work by the old school guys (Gironda, Arnold, Scott, etc). Yes, as some mention it goes over on protein, and thus may throw you out of ketosis, and maybe steak gets old, but so what. There could be something to it.

                By the way I'm eating a grass-fed t-bone steak and butter as I type this hehe...cranked out 45min of 8x8 sets this morning after drinking 12 eggs and heavy cream.
                Proven to work for those with elite genetics. As long as the complete protein profile mimics "steak and eggs", results should be the same for elites. Y'all need to look into the other strategies Vince used for Lou and Arnold (elites). No matter what we all do, we won't get those results. If we could, we wouldn't be in this forum. We can try those strategies to see if we get improvement but when comments come out stating how a strategy worked for elites and imply they work for the rest of us is just unconscionable.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by pyro13g View Post
                  Irrelevant Eat 8 eggs and 2lbs of steak with butter is to general and bonk.
                  Originally posted by pyro13g View Post
                  If you don't get what I said then do not try the egg, steak, and butter DIET
                  Really? The fact that I don't know what "to general and bonk" is supposed to mean means I shouldn't try this?

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                    Really? The fact that I don't know what "to general and bonk" is supposed to mean means I shouldn't try this?

                    It means you should read the thread so it makes sense. It does, trust me me, it really does make more sense when you read the thread in post order.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by pyro13g View Post
                      So tell us what you did to make lean mass increase.
                      Nutrition is my guess. I spend a lot more time in the kitchen than the gym.

                      Nothing special in the gym. First six weeks were 45min stationary cycling 6-days a week at a fairly challenging pace. After the large percentage body fat decrease heavy lifting (StrongLifts) 3x a week at near max every single session for a couple months. Now switching to 8x8 sets with only 30sec rest, as I'm not cool with the current body fat. I want to gain strength, but the fat has to go first, plus that's easier.

                      BTW, I've worked out before, and it never did jack. Nutrition was what changed this time. Thanks Mark.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by KimchiNinja View Post
                        Nutrition is my guess. I spend a lot more time in the kitchen than the gym.

                        Nothing special in the gym. First six weeks were 45min stationary cycling 6-days a week at a fairly challenging pace. After the large percentage body fat decrease heavy lifting (StrongLifts) 3x a week at near max every single session for a couple months. Now switching to 8x8 sets with only 30sec rest, as I'm not cool with the current body fat. I want to gain strength, but the fat has to go first, plus that's easier.

                        BTW, I've worked out before, and it never did jack. Nutrition was what changed this time. Thanks Mark.
                        The heavy lifting is what would matter. You could have eaten ho-hos.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          ^ LOL, not sure I agree with that analysis. I gained muscle in the first 6 weeks and all I did was sit on a stationary bike.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by pyro13g View Post
                            Proven to work for those with elite genetics. As long as the complete protein profile mimics "steak and eggs", results should be the same for elites. Y'all need to look into the other strategies Vince used for Lou and Arnold (elites). No matter what we all do, we won't get those results. If we could, we wouldn't be in this forum. We can try those strategies to see if we get improvement but when comments come out stating how a strategy worked for elites and imply they work for the rest of us is just unconscionable.
                            You are correct. This is a 4 week experiment, you are welcome to join in and judge the effects, share your experience and perhaps learn something about yourself or you can just sit on the sidelines and comment. I'm certainly not implying we will get the same results as Zane, Columbo or Draper, but I am curious to see what will happen to the average person who tries the diet.
                            Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

                            https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by KimchiNinja View Post
                              April results are in and I'm pumped up. "Steak and eggs" just started this week, so whatever impact that will have, will be reflected next month.

                              "InBody" Composition Analysis:
                              Dec - 190lb, 30% bodyfat, .94 hip/waist ratio (Mid-Dec)
                              Jan - 173lb, 20% bodyfat, .90 hip/waist ratio, +7.3lb lean mass
                              Feb - 174lb, 19% bodyfat, .89 hip/waist ratio, +2.2lb lean mass
                              Mar - 172lb, 17% bodyfat, .88 hip/waist ratio, +0.4lb lean mass
                              Apr - 170lb, 16% bodyfat, .88 hip/waist ratio, +1.1lb lean mass

                              YTD - 28lbs fat lost, 11lbs lean mass gained, 1lb "mineral" lost, net change lost 18lbs. *

                              * Based on electrode analysis using an InBody machine, it is supposed to be one of the more accurate methods available...and I'm not going to argue with results since they pass the "makes sense" test. The only number I was shocked at was the +7lb lean mass in 6wks when switching to "paleolithic" nutrition. Breaking it down the machine said intra/extra-celular water stayed roughly the same and "protein" category increased 8lbs. So all I can guess is that skeleton/muscle jumped with the sudden massive boost in quality protein intake.

                              After that initial jump seem to be averaging 1lb muscle per month, plus some body fat reduction. Goal is to hit 12% BF and then hammer away on strength training, so lots more work in 2013. But I think "steak and eggs" plus 8x8 old school sets in May/June will help get there...
                              Very impressive, thanks for the detailed insight. I am as curious as you to see the impact of the diet. Should be interesting.
                              Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

                              https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                                Thank you. And I love your challenge idea it's just that iron pumping is not right for everybody all the time. I do like the idea of the carnivorous diet plus pushing your capabilities to new heights. So maybe I'll climb a taller mountain or finally conquer that elusive pull up.

                                I just hope you are not making your challenge exclusively "lift hard or go home". There are many forms of challenging exercise. If someone is just starting out with a lot of weight to lose, it might be a great commitment to just get out for a walk on a daily basis.

                                Frankly, I just feel like I have spent way too much of my life in a gym already and it bores me to tears.
                                Sure, find your personal fitness challenge and embrace it. I've enjoyed a lot of fitness variety over the years from body building in my 20s to Ironman in my 30s to Crossfit, Yoga and even Simple Fit body weight training recently. Personally, what I've found is combining weight training with a Paleo diet is definitely the quickest way to change your body and help burn fat. I'm currently enjoying some good old school body building, but as is my nature I may gravitate to a new challenge in a few months. Not trying to dictate any type of training just inviting people to join in my experiment and share their experience.
                                Last edited by canuck416; 04-25-2013, 11:31 PM.
                                Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

                                https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X