No announcement yet.

Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I should stop salting my steaks because I might be retaining some water weight from VLC + salt.
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
      I think I should stop salting my steaks because I might be retaining some water weight from VLC + salt.
      This is what I will change next time I do steak and eggs. Much less salt.

Sent via A-10 Warthog

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
        This is what I will change next time I do steak and eggs. Much less salt.

Sent via A-10 Warthog
        Going no added salt and drinking tons of water today and tomorrow to see if there's any difference. I'm also going to test my theory out on carb refeed day by eating mostly starches instead of fructose and see if I have the "whoosh" effect.
        ------
        HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Originally posted by CavemanJoe View Post
          I hate eggs. HATE them. Gonna give this a rest for a week or two then come back to it.
          My wife is getting to that point right now. Hopefully she will feel better after today's refeed.
          The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

• Originally posted by CavemanJoe View Post
            I hate eggs. HATE them. Gonna give this a rest for a week or two then come back to it.
            Aw. I felt like that near day 5 but strangely after the first refeed, I haven't had the same problem this second week.

Lamb for lunch today. My favorite meat ever.
            ------

Comment

• Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
              Aw. I felt like that near day 5 but strangely after the first refeed, I haven't had the same problem this second week.
              Same her. The last coupla days of the first week were a killer, but after that 1st refeed it's been plain sailing.
              If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
              If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Week 4 and final update and pics
                I'm 5' 9" (no change there, another coupla inches would be nice &#128540. 4 weeks ago I weighed 73.5 kg, with a 31" waist and a 42" chest.

As of this morning I have lost exactly 1 inch off my waist (29" at narrowest point, 30" at the navel), but maintained my chest at 42". I've also put approx 1/2" on my arms.

I also haven't worked out at all this week. I'm looking forward to eating a variety if various foods over the next couple if weeks, then will probably give this another go, this time concentrating more in my training.

Thanks for the inspiration Canuck!

Starting pics as of the 02/05/13:

18/05/13:

24/05/13:

01/06/13
                If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• 02/05/13

18/05/13

24/05/13:

01/06/13

Comment

• Wow, awesome job Misabi! Way more definition.
                    "Don't waste your time, or time will waste you."

Comment

• Awesome results Misabi, way to go! It was great to have your informative input...Thanks!
                      Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

Comment

• Originally posted by canuck416 View Post
                        Awesome results Misabi, way to go! It was great to have your informative input...Thanks!
                        Never mind the informative input. Great to have the shirtless pics.

Comment

• Basically done now. Still eating steak and eggs, but also berries, lara bars, bananas, etc.

Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                            Never mind the informative input. Great to have the shirtless pics.
                            We aim to please 😜

Comment

• Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                              Basically done now. Still eating steak and eggs, but also berries, lara bars, bananas, etc.

Why sir, is that a my little pony in your pocket?...

Good results!

Comment

• Pony wallet.
                                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Working...
                                X