Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
    It may take a few days to drop off that excess glycogen, fiber, and maybe water you picked up from a refeed.

I found that during week 1 I was eating too many calories (I'm obviously not a young guy) so now I keep track to make sure that doesn't happen. Now I feel better, then I felt like I was stuffing myself daily.

If your body is ready to build muscle, it will do that preferentially when you are giving it excess protein. I've found that happens in spurts.

Hang in there.
    Today was my refeed so I don't think that is the reason, and neither am I eating too much - at least I don't think I am. No more than 2100-2200 calls a day.

H well, I'll see what happens during week 2!

Comment

• Originally posted by CavemanJoe View Post
      Today was my refeed so I don't think that is the reason, and neither am I eating too much - at least I don't think I am. No more than 2100-2200 calls a day.

H well, I'll see what happens during week 2!
      You had two refeeds. According to you journal thread you had pizza on Saturday.

Also you aren't eating beef steaks so who knows how that will change results.

Comment

• Fair enough, but the slices were absolutely tiny, no more than 25g carbs altogether.

Comment

• Lunch was a chopped sirloin burger. I was out for the day so had it alone with no eggs, and I'm really hungry now. Dinner is going to be marinated sirloin tips and a caramelized onion omelet with lots of butter.
          be the hair that knots with my hair
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

• 41 yo female looking to lose last 5-8lbs...long time lurker...gastro issues led me to SCD diet about 3mos ago then transitioned to Lyle Keto and then found PB and haven't looked back...been primal about 2 months and saw this thread and was interested in taking chanllenge to see if it could budge my weight which has not change at all since starting keto thenPB....I gain and lose the same lb over and over...I've be IF with a 16/8 pattern

Started S&E last Tuesday and for the first time ever I had that euphoric feeling and wasnt a slave to my hunger/voracious appetite...I finally had that feeling that people always write about not feeling hungry and being able to go hours without thinking about food...it was so wonderful an lliberating....and I dropped 2lbs in 4 days and was finally able to do a 20/4 fasting window. I was thrilled then Mother's Day weekend came...had 2 family commitments sat night and sunday...made it through saturday nnight dinner...filet mignon and sweetbreads, 1/4c half and half and a few asparagus...the next day had to have family brunch so figured I would just do a 16/8 window and go back to my 20/4 on monday...had sausage omlette and bacon, half and half, and brought a gf strip steak to cook for dinner...unfortunately also ate about a cup of pistacios and a half an avocado...still not terrible considering but the next day, i was insatiatiable...made it to 20 hours but ate 10 eggs, 12 oz ribeye, 3-4TB butter, 2 oz cheese, 2 hotdogs 1/4c cream and could have gone on...especially the butter.....

Tryng to get back on track today but I wonder if anyone else experiences this type of insatiableness...I had it before but thought zero or vvvlc was my answer...wondering if the asparagus or the pistacios put me over...also do I have to do the carb up? I really want to get this back under control as a binge like this is counter to my goals....i tried all my usual tricks...water, leaving the kitchen, tea, etc but I just couldnt get satiated...

sorry for the long post./typos..any thoughts are greatly appreciated...generally need to stay below 1100/1200C to lose...70/30 p/f

Comment

• I'm about halfway through the thread, enjoying it alot. Good work!

Comment

• For what its worth I read an interesting take on refeed frequency today that basically indicated the following:

If you currently have:

10% Bodyfat or less then you should refeed twice a week.

10 to 15% Bodyfat - refeed every 6 to 12 days

Greater than 15% Bodyfat - refeed every 2 weeks

Perhaps something to consider for those using the steak and eggs diet when they are are working their way down from higher bodyfat percentages.
                Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

Comment

• If butter is what you crave, eat butter. Go for it. Or steak or eggs, or all three.

I think the best thing to do to totally get a handle on it is to set calorie and macro targets and calculate your intake to make sure you eat enough. That's enough calories, protein, and fat. If you don't eat enough for your meals, you will end up craving and either binging or suffering.

Comment

• Greater than 15% Bodyfat - refeed every 2 weeks
                    that makes sense. being female and old lol i think the body fat %ages are always more on the skinfolds than someone younger than us. but typically, i can go about 2 weeks almost zero carb before i start to get all the much maligned symptoms of the VLC diet.

Comment

• Originally posted by canuck416 View Post
                      For what its worth I read an interesting take on refeed frequency today that basically indicated the following:

If you currently have:

Perhaps something to consider for those using the steak and eggs diet when they are are working their way down from higher bodyfat percentages.

Well I'm about 19% give or take so...refeeds for me can only be veggies, honey or possible fruit as my GI issues require that I avoid mostly everything else...

ekatherine - my problem is that I can literally eat sticks of kerrygold...I just love it...and once I start, it is hard to stop...I set my calorie/macros and try to meet them and when I have a good day hit them right on but every 5 days or so I go crazy it seems and prob eat 2x as much like yesterday...didn`t know if this is common or if anyone had any ideas why it is happening...most days on s&e I felt awesome and totally in control which is why yesterday threw me...today for example totally fine...coffee with half & half - 3TB total throughout day, beginning at 4pm 4 eggs, 2 gf hamburgers, 2 gf hotdogs, 1TB kerrygold...started eating at 4pm and window will close at 8 and am at 1070c, 72g protein, 76g fat, 3g carb. Full, euphoric feeling and satiated.

Comment

• do the gf hamburgers and gf hot dogs have rice flour or corn meal or any other additives in them? i could prob eat a stick of butter on a bad day too.

Comment

• Originally posted by canuck416 View Post
                          For what its worth I read an interesting take on refeed frequency today that basically indicated the following:

If you currently have:

That must be for men only. Anything under 15% for a woman is likely to result in loss of menstruation which to me says it's unhealthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                            do the gf hamburgers and gf hot dogs have rice flour or corn meal or any other additives in them? i could prob eat a stick of butter on a bad day too.
                            No rice or additives...cant have either...trader joe's gf hamburgers nothing but meat...I season with salt, garlic andf onion powder and the hotdogs are applegate farms so nothing but gf beef, spices and celery salt...all scd legal, primal and delish

Comment

• Originally posted by aprimalmomma View Post
                              ekatherine - my problem is that I can literally eat sticks of kerrygold...I just love it...and once I start, it is hard to stop...I set my calorie/macros and try to meet them and when I have a good day hit them right on but every 5 days or so I go crazy it seems and prob eat 2x as much like yesterday...didn`t know if this is common or if anyone had any ideas why it is happening...most days on s&e I felt awesome and totally in control which is why yesterday threw me...today for example totally fine...coffee with half & half - 3TB total throughout day, beginning at 4pm 4 eggs, 2 gf hamburgers, 2 gf hotdogs, 1TB kerrygold...started eating at 4pm and window will close at 8 and am at 1070c, 72g protein, 76g fat, 3g carb. Full, euphoric feeling and satiated.
                              Okay, so you can just eat kerrygold straight, because it tastes so good. (You're not the only one.) But when you say it is hard to stop, what does that mean? You eat all 8 ounces? You open up another package and eat that, too? You run out and buy more?

Here's what happens with me. If I don't eat enough protein or fat, I end up going crazy and binging on what I wasn't getting enough of. I go absolutely crazy on a low fat diet. I crave cheese, mousse, fatty meat... When I accidentally don't eat enough protein for a few days, all of a sudden I start craving meat, fish, cheese, and can't stop eating it.

I think all binges have a physiological component. They don't come out of nowhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by teach2183 View Post
                                That must be for men only. Anything under 15% for a woman is likely to result in loss of menstruation which to me says it's unhealthy.
                                Good point, I am sure it was for men. For women I would add about 5% for each of the fat percentage ranges.
                                Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

Comment

Working...
                                X