Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ajm422 View Post
    Yeah, honestly I put a splash of cream in my evening tea every now and again, but I know based on prior experience that this isn't a "gateway cheat" for me. Other, similar allowances are triggers though. For some reason when I put sriracha on my eggs, I think, "well I had something spicy. I need something sweet to balance out." And then I have some 88% dark chocolate. And then a few cashews. And then some chocolate. Rinse, repeat.

    It's depressing how weak I can be sometimes. The only way I stick with it is hard rules and no exceptions. I did allow myself a few dashes of hot sauce on my eggs last night, with no ill effects. I suck at moderation.
    I completely understand and commiserate with you. I could have written your post. I too have to maintain a by the book hard line without deviation. That's why I'm a 100 percenter on primal. I cannot do 80% or 90%. No moderation. Anything off-course is a trigger. Some of us need guidelines and we have to follow them. And that's fine. And it's especially good that you actually realize this, ajm.

    The reason I can do the cream in the coffee is actually because I thought it was allowed. On the s&e. And I did it for a week before realizing it wasn't. So I'm kind of fooling myself into believing it's part of the s&e challenge. So it's ok, and I'm fine with it, and I'm still doing it 100%. Because I say so
    be the hair that knots with my hair
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    primal since oct. 1, 2012

    Comment


    • Personally I think I would be fine with most little cheats. But cheats add up, and I'm not sure the diet would work as well with them.

      The worst cheat for me would be drinking wine. That would totally knock me off the train.

      But the beef and eggs are so satisfying I don't need any of it, so it's moot.

      Comment


      • I'm gonna put my money where my mouth is and cut out all the cream. I hate drinking herbal tea without cream, so I guess I'll either just suck it up or not drink tea. Like I said in my post, this is not hard.
        I'm a weak man...If I give myself a few feet of leeway, I burst through all of my prohibitions.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ajm422 View Post
          I'm gonna put my money where my mouth is and cut out all the cream. I hate drinking herbal tea without cream, so I guess I'll either just suck it up or not drink tea. Like I said in my post, this is not hard.
          Since quitting smoking cold turkey, I know there is no temptation that I can't overcome. When faced with temptation I just review my goals in my head. When that is done I am no longer tempted and I just move right along. I guess what I do is a cost/benefit analysis.
          The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by aliphian View Post
            Since quitting smoking cold turkey, I know there is no temptation that I can't overcome. When faced with temptation I just review my goals in my head. When that is done I am no longer tempted and I just move right along. I guess what I do is a cost/benefit analysis.
            Congratulations on quitting. As ridiculous as it sounds, quitting peanut butter was much the same to me. I had to let it go cold turkey, and I can't even walk down that isle in the grocery store. If I do, that old voice comes back and starts making excuses. "It'll be good in your protein shakes - you'll use up all that whey you've had hanging around." Or, "you can control yourself as long as you only put it in your oatmeal." Whenever I succumb and buy a jar, it doesn't last more than a few days. I put it away with a spoon in only a few sittings.

            I've been clean for a few months now. Sigh. I miss my peanut butter.
            I'm a weak man...If I give myself a few feet of leeway, I burst through all of my prohibitions.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
              Personally I think I would be fine with most little cheats. But cheats add up, and I'm not sure the diet would work as well with them.

              The worst cheat for me would be drinking wine. That would totally knock me off the train.

              But the beef and eggs are so satisfying I don't need any of it, so it's moot.
              Ha Ha....I agree, red wine is the gateway for me. I don't go as far into debauchery as ajm with the beer, chicken wings and pasta though. Wine leads to cheese which leads to dark chocolate and the next thing you know all hell breaks loose and I'm back to Primal - eating big salads, yams and brussel sprouts
              Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

              https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

              Comment


              • I posted this in another thread but thought the 'Steak and Egss' team would find it interesting -

                Two Brave Men Who Ate Nothing But Meat for an Entire Year

                Also, a new term I learned today is Keto-adapted. Apparently if you have been eating a VLC mostly meat diet for an extended period you becom Keto-adapted and your urinalysis would not indicate any ketone bodies because the body would be maintaining homeostatis, using ketones for fuel and not overproducing them. Apparently meat-only eating, keto-adapted humans will be utilizing ketones for fuel in their body (ie, be in ketosis medically speaking) but urinalysis will not show excess ketone bodies.
                Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

                https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

                Comment


                • I'm not sure if the keto-adaption is proven, though. I think some that believe they have no ketones due to adaption, actually are being knocked out of ketosis, due to gluconeogenesis.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Daryl View Post
                    I'm not sure if the keto-adaption is proven, though. I think some that believe they have no ketones due to adaption, actually are being knocked out of ketosis, due to gluconeogenesis.
                    Gluconeogenesis is only knocking you out of keto if you are overdoing the protein on a regular basis. If the fat percentage stays high enough it is keto-adaptation taking place.

                    A lot of modern day Grok wannabes do have the problem with excessive protein.

                    Comment


                    • Exactly.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by canuck416 View Post
                        I posted this in another thread but thought the 'Steak and Egss' team would find it interesting -

                        Two Brave Men Who Ate Nothing But Meat for an Entire Year
                        To drive the CICO people nuts -- these were small guys, leading sedentary lives, eating 2700 calories a day. They didn't gain weight.

                        Go crazy rationalizing *that*.

                        Comment


                        • Start of week 2. 2lbs of cube steak, and 1/2lb of top round for the day. Along with 8 total eggs. Yesterdays plantain fest was actually kinda fun.

                          Sent from my ADR6350 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

                          Comment


                          • I made my own sausage with ground pork and sage and coal fired it on my new bbq. I used some bacon drippings to scramble eggs with. A good dinner!
                            be the hair that knots with my hair
                            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                            primal since oct. 1, 2012

                            Comment


                            • Stomach is so flat! OMG!
                              Crohn's, doing SCD

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by KimchiNinja View Post
                                To drive the CICO people nuts -- these were small guys, leading sedentary lives, eating 2700 calories a day. They didn't gain weight.

                                Go crazy rationalizing *that*.
                                Obviously the were overestimating how much they were eating then!
                                ;-p
                                If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

                                Originally posted by tfarny
                                If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X