No announcement yet.

Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My goal is to eat mostly carbs as vegetables and fruit while keeping my calorie intake between 2000 and my estimated maintenance value of about 1800.

Last night I wanted to do some exercise, but there wasn't really anything I had yet to do. I decided to do some hanging leg raises, something I rarely do and basically suck at, since I seem to have weak hip flexors and no motivation.

Surprise, I was able to do an L-hang and also bring my knees up to my chest in the tuck position.

Diet? Handstand work? Something made my abs a lot stronger since the last time I tried that over a month ago.

Comment

• The documentary "Frankensteer" has been on my netflix queue for months and I've only just gotten around to watching it.

I really don't want to be a downer, but a word of warning to folks in N. America, you may/may not want to watch this..

Certainly don't watch it while you're tucking into your steak if you're the slightest bit squeamish. It almost put me off my breakfast.
      If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
      If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• I did my carb reset yesterday. Wow I can not remember feeling so bad. I keep my calorie count at 2350 and went low fat moderate protein and up the carbs. Carbs were a little brown rice and fruit and green vegetables. Weight went up 9 lbs. I did not eat 9 pounds of food. I hope I feel better soon.
        05/01/2012 - Present
        Starting Weight: 390 - Current Weight: 270 - Goal Weight: 240
        Height 6' 6''

Comment

• Originally posted by Fynn View Post
          I did my carb reset yesterday. Wow I can not remember feeling so bad. I keep my calorie count at 2350 and went low fat moderate protein and up the carbs. Carbs were a little brown rice and fruit and green vegetables. Weight went up 9 lbs. I did not eat 9 pounds of food. I hope I feel better soon.
          When today is all said and done I will have eaten over 10 pounds of food. I feel like I'm dying almost.

Sent via A-10 Warthog

Comment

• You guys are hardcore. I hope I did the refeed in a way that will enable the leptin reset. I remained primal and just ate more carbs and less protein/fat. I doubt I even reached 1800 calories - my portion sizes have gotten much smaller since going primal and I wasn't about to force it down. I hate feeling full now.
            be the hair that knots with my hair
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

• I really don't see the need to stuff yourself unless you are already very lean and in danger of losing too much weight due to the appetite suppression of ketosis.

I like the way eKatherine does her refeeds, fruit and seafood with a side of kimchi.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                When today is all said and done I will have eaten over 10 pounds of food. I feel like I'm dying almost.

Sent via A-10 Warthog
                The foods you chose looked great. Did you go for the high volume for a specific reason?

Comment

• Originally posted by Patti View Post
                  The foods you chose looked great. Did you go for the high volume for a so I reason?
                  No reason. I was shopping and kept thinking "Oh, I like that; I'll buy some." $40 and 3 full grocery bags later I was like "Oh hell, that's a lot of food!"

When I unpacked it and took that picture I figured I'd go with my life motto of "Go big or go home." Kind of a personal challenge for the refeed day inside of the steak and eggs challenge.

I'm very lean, so a gigantic food day isn't a big deal, and I've always been able to eat a superhuman amount of food. I'm kinda dreading pulling out the 2 sweet potatoes in 10 minutes, though. I feel like a duck getting stuffed for foie gras. I've literally been eating non-stop all day. I also look like I've added 15 pounds today, mostly muscle. Abs still look pretty good but less definition.

About 5 more pounds of food left to eat today. I'm gonna do it!

Edit: just ate a sweet potato and more stir fry...15 minutes after my last big meal. I might be putting myself in the hospital. I feel like I should have a documentary crew with me all day. This is unbelievable.

Sent via A-10 Warthog
                  Last edited by Mr. Anthony; 05-12-2013, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                    I really don't see the need to stuff yourself unless you are already very lean and in danger of losing too much weight due to the appetite suppression of ketosis.

I like the way eKatherine does her refeeds, fruit and seafood with a side of kimchi.
                    This is about 1900 calories of food, and I don't know if I can finish my tomatoes and oranges.

I'm guessing I will have no appetite tomorrow, just like last week.

Comment

• Happy Monday everyone! Week 3 begins today for those starting with the original gourp. I hope everyone had a great weekend and enjoyed their refeed day. These next two weeks will really begin to lock in some fat loss progress and you should all be noticing a significant differences in how you look in the mirror. Take care to brush your teeth and mouth wash regularily so your sig others don't get overwhelmed with Ketone breath!

Best of luck to everyone and welcome aboard to all the newcomers.
                      Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

Comment

• Refeed day went spectacular. Started off with 2 bananas, another 2 bananas+ 3 eggs for pancakes, an apple, and orange for breakfast.
                        Lunch was lentils, beans, and caper mix with two servings of roasted potatoes, and another apple.
                        A handful of some Shift pale ales.
                        Dinner was two large sweet potatoes and a bite of pork tenderloin.

Plus another banana or two in there....oh yea and that shot of jagermeister before mushroom hunting.

This morning was difficult to get down the eggs and steak but I managed too, and I'm more than ready to fast all day and burn it off with some lifting.

Abs are very visible now, and my arms and chest look much larger....Best shape I've ever been in!

Comment

• Originally posted by canuck416 View Post
                          Take care to brush your teeth and mouth wash regularily so your sig others don't get overwhelmed with Ketone breath!
                          You said it. I'm bringing mint leaves everywhere with me to chew on! This is the 3rd day of my second week so I'm a little behind. I may change up my refeed day this week. My son's gf made me primal chocolate dipped strawberries for mother's day and I want to eat them on my refeed day, which is Friday. If they don't look like they're going to make it till then I'll switch it up!

And I got a kamado style ceramic egg smoker/bbq from my husband. The way it cooks meat is to die for. It puts a beautiful charcoal char on steak. My s&e diet just got a whole lot more delicious
                          be the hair that knots with my hair
                          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                          primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by little vase View Post
                            You said it. I'm bringing mint leaves everywhere with me to chew on! This is the 3rd day of my second week so I'm a little behind. I may change up my refeed day this week. My son's gf made me primal chocolate dipped strawberries for mother's day and I want to eat them on my refeed day, which is Friday. If they don't look like they're going to make it till then I'll switch it up!

And I got a kamado style ceramic egg smoker/bbq from my husband. The way it cooks meat is to die for. It puts a beautiful charcoal char on steak. My s&e diet just got a whole lot more delicious
                            Mint leaves, great idea! Anyone else have any suggestions for dealing with Ketone breath, make sure you post them here for others dealing with this challenge. I bet Paleo Bird has some ideas as she lives VLC and is probably in Ketosis most of the time.

That ceramic smoker sounds awesome!

Comment

• As far as mouthwash goes, a coconut oil works wonders for me. I pretty much use coconut oil in all my dental hygiene products. I swish for 10 minutes before brushing and it pulls organic oils out from your teeth and makes them strong, white, and fresh. I bet you might be able to smell ketones on my breath, but I'm not sure what it smells like exactly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Z0oom View Post
                                As far as mouthwash goes, a coconut oil works wonders for me. I pretty much use coconut oil in all my dental hygiene products. I swish for 10 minutes before brushing and it pulls organic oils out from your teeth and makes them strong, white, and fresh. I bet you might be able to smell ketones on my breath, but I'm not sure what it smells like exactly.
                                Another great idea, thanks ZOoom!

Comment

Working...
                                X