Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My birthday, I'm 58.

    I am down another .4 pounds. It's been more than 20 years since I was this light. My waist is down to 27".

    I will go for a long walk after I finish my tea and fantasize about mushrooms.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
      I rarely salt things normally, but figured I'd need to up the salt uptake for this. Found some really good pink Himalayan salt and some black salt from Hawaii that has activated charcoal in it. Both are so good I just pinch some into my mouth sometimes.

      Maybe I missed it: what's the verdict on a bit of sauerkraut?

      Sent via A-10 Warthog
      Since I've added a bit of onion, mushrooms and a jalapeno to my morning sauteed steak for flavor I can't be too judgmental on adding some sauerkraut to aid digestion. I was totally steak and eggs during my first week but just felt the need to add a bit of flavoring. I think the more strict you are the better the fat loss results but each of us is creating their own a personal experience and sharing best practices and what works best for them is part of the process.

      I absolutely love Pink Himalayan salt!....Add lots of it to my steak and eggs.
      Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

      https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

      Comment


      • Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
        My birthday, I'm 58.

        I am down another .4 pounds. It's been more than 20 years since I was this light. My waist is down to 27".

        I will go for a long walk after I finish my tea and fantasize about mushrooms.
        Happy Birthday and congratulations on your progress/success!

        Originally posted by canuck416 View Post
        Since I've added a bit of onion, mushrooms and a jalapeno to my morning sauteed steak for flavor I can't be too judgmental on adding some sauerkraut to aid digestion. I was totally steak and eggs during my first week but just felt the need to add a bit of flavoring. I think the more strict you are the better the fat loss results but each of us is creating their own a personal experience and sharing best practices and what works best for them is part of the process.
        I think I'm going to add in a modicum of vegetables for flavoring. We have a bunch of mushrooms beginning to turn and the prospect of sauteing them in butter and spooning them over my evening steak has me salivating. That, and I made two jars of sauerkraut prior to this challenge. I might have a small heap of that every evening with my meal until my digestion problems have abated.
        I'm a weak man...If I give myself a few feet of leeway, I burst through all of my prohibitions.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ajm422 View Post
          Imma power through it. The results are too addicting. I can already see divisions between muscle groups that weren't there a week ago. During my workout this evening I saw my right biceps vein for the first time in 10 years. My workouts have been fantastic (even if the post-workout period today was down), I can see my fat melting away, and the scale is at its lowest point in 12 months. Yeah, it sucks having digestive issues, especially since my previous diet had my bowls humming. But if these results continue, it's a small price to pay.

          Besides, I'm sure my body will adapt. The body is so smart and adaptable. I might have a few more days of loose stool, but I'd be surprised if it persists much more than that. I'm drinking plenty of fluids, replenishing electrolytes, etc.
          I still think you might have picked up a mild case of food poisoning. Great to hear about your results hopefully the body adapts soon.
          Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

          https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

          Comment


          • Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
            My birthday, I'm 58.

            I am down another .4 pounds. It's been more than 20 years since I was this light. My waist is down to 27".

            I will go for a long walk after I finish my tea and fantasize about mushrooms.
            Happy Birthday eKatherine! Wonderful to hear about your success. You have been one of the most dedicated Steak and Eggers and I know everyone on the thread really appreciate your contributions and food photos.
            Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

            https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

            Comment


            • Happy Birthday, eKatherine! Enjoy your walk and your mushroom fantasty

              Canuck, thanks for the daily words of wisdom and encouragement. You're a natural leader.

              I have some of the black lava salt and it's so wonderful. Such a treat to sprinkle on as a finisher.
              be the hair that knots with my hair
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
              primal since oct. 1, 2012

              Comment


              • That might be true if I had other symptoms. My gf is a 4th year medical student (not technically a doctor, I know) and she's quite sure it's just this radical shift in my diet. But it's OK. Like I said, it's a cost/benefit calculation. The cost is a case of the runs - the benefit is constant fat loss. I'll take it.
                I'm a weak man...If I give myself a few feet of leeway, I burst through all of my prohibitions.

                Comment


                • I forgot to mention that my husband has lost 4 lbs these past six days. He's doing a slightly modified version of the s&e challenge right along with me, and has also eaten a yogurt a day, a banana a day, and has a steamed veggie with his dinner. So his day basically looks like this - a banana for breakfast, steak and eggs for lunch, a yogurt snack, steak and eggs and a veggie for dinner. This is major - he is almost at goal weight and hasn't lost a lb in 4 months. He was never really that overweight to begin with (maybe 20 lbs but he wore them well) so it's been a hard long road for him to see any change on the scale. He looks slimmer already. His major downfall is constant snacking at night, and being in a ketogenic state as we are on s&e, snacking doesn't interest him. I've checked - even with his modifications to s&e he's under 30 grams of carbs daily.

                  Originally posted by ajm422 View Post
                  That might be true if I had other symptoms. My gf is a 4th year medical student (not technically a doctor, I know) and she's quite sure it's just this radical shift in my diet. But it's OK. Like I said, it's a cost/benefit calculation. The cost is a case of the runs - the benefit is constant fat loss. I'll take it.
                  That's an excellent trade off, I agree. As long as you're keeping hydrated and on top of the situation. As you said, sometimes a radical shift in diet causes this, and your body will adjust. Hopefully soon!
                  be the hair that knots with my hair
                  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                  primal since oct. 1, 2012

                  Comment


                  • God, been really bloated today...perhaps include some veg? Carrots, broccoli?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by CavemanJoe View Post
                      God, been really bloated today...perhaps include some veg? Carrots, broccoli?
                      Have you been eating anything besides steak, eggs, and butter? It is not uncommon to have an egg intolerance that would only appear if you ate more eggs than normal.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                        Have you been eating anything besides steak, eggs, and butter? It is not uncommon to have an egg intolerance that would only appear if you ate more eggs than normal.
                        I eat mince instead of beef but essentially those ingredients. I've always eaten eggs on a regular basis, 5-6 a day. I'll give it until Saturday then just use the yolkes if the bloating persists.

                        Comment


                        • I just got back from the gym and increased weights on all of my barbell exercises. Just by 5 lbs but still. I felt super strong. I can't explain it, I just felt really powerful. Still do. I had 4 eggs over easy and some london broil for lunch. I do love eating the same things over and over for some reason, so this is easy, and enjoyable. Tomorrow is refeed day but I'm swearing off of starchy foods. Forever, I think. My future starchy carb indulgence will probably be sushi, because of the rice. But I've come to the conclusion that I just can't eat starchy foods - they make me bloat and keep me from attaining any of my health/weight/fitness goals. So tomorrow I'll carb up on yogurt and berries and lean veggies....lots of them.
                          be the hair that knots with my hair
                          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                          primal since oct. 1, 2012

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ajm422 View Post
                            Imma power through it. The results are too addicting. I can already see divisions between muscle groups that weren't there a week ago. During my workout this evening I saw my right biceps vein for the first time in 10 years. My workouts have been fantastic (even if the post-workout period today was down), I can see my fat melting away, and the scale is at its lowest point in 12 months. Yeah, it sucks having digestive issues, especially since my previous diet had my bowls humming. But if these results continue, it's a small price to pay.

                            Besides, I'm sure my body will adapt. The body is so smart and adaptable. I might have a few more days of loose stool, but I'd be surprised if it persists much more than that. I'm drinking plenty of fluids, replenishing electrolytes, etc.
                            I'd be careful with that. As long as you're feeling good and it's only the fact that when you go your stools are loose, rather than almost as straight after you've eaten you have to run to the toilet, and as you say you're staying hydrated, then carry in if you're comfortable and see if your body adjusts.

                            But if you are having to run shortly after eating (the real test would be to fast the do a carb refeed and see what happens), then a large part if your "good results" would be because your body is essentially starving.

                            The last time I had food poisoning, I essentially didn't eat for nearly a week. Lost inches and had great definition, and my body weight exercise numbers didn't drop at all (due to the lower body weight I guess). But not a good way to get there.
                            If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

                            Originally posted by tfarny
                            If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

                            Comment


                            • Something I should have mentioned at the beginning is the difference in how you will respond to the diet depending on whether you were fat adapted or not. If you are fat adapted this diet will come fairly easy to you, if not you may suffer the carb flu symptoms, during the first week or two, that many report experiencing when first embracing Paleo. The third and fourth weeks should be much easier
                              Last edited by canuck416; 05-09-2013, 12:21 PM.
                              Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

                              https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by canuck416 View Post
                                Something I should have mentioned at the beginning is the difference in how you will respond to the diet depending on whether you were fat adapted or not. If you are fat adapted this diet will come fairly easy to you, if not you may suffer the carb flu symptoms during the first week or two that many report experiencing when first embracing Paleo. The second and third weeks should be much easier
                                Now you tell me, haha.
                                I'm a weak man...If I give myself a few feet of leeway, I burst through all of my prohibitions.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X