Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
    I did pullup/chinup exercise, no discernible improvement, as always.

    Then I did 5 sets of one 30 second handstand, facing the wall, climbing up with my feet, and walking into the wall on my hands, then walking back out to come down. I was able to walk toward and back from the wall without much "stagger" and came down safely and fully in control after each one. My previous best was 2 sets of one, coming down very unsteadily. Huge improvement!
    Wow, very cool! Congrats on the improvement.
    Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

    https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

    Comment


    • Originally posted by canuck416 View Post
      500 gms is a little over a pound of meat. I'm actually eating about 1 1/2 lbs of meat a day so you could probably up your meat totals a bit. Also cook in coconut oil and butter (I use a lot of butter) as this will drive up your calories. But really I would go by how you feel, give yourselft some time to adjust and after a few days, if you begom losing strength and start feeling burned out then definitely add more fatty meat and eggs.
      Yeah, I'm eating 500g to 600g (1.1lb to1.3lb) per day, along with 10 to 12 eggs, all cooked in butter. This puts me just over the 2000 cals mark, maybe more as I don't think the rump steak I'm eating is as lean as the steak I'm using for calculation in paleotrack.

      I've lost half an inch from my waist, with chest staying the same and biceps increasing by a 1/4".
      If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

      Originally posted by tfarny
      If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

      Comment


      • Originally posted by canuck416 View Post
        Just wondering if you are doing both the diet and the exercise part of the trial or just the diet part? I feel the strength training component is very important to body composition change, in my case my weight has actually gone up a pound or two but I believe I'm more defined and have definitely increased my strength. I will be checking body fat % on the weekend to monitor my progress.
        Yep, I am. I've been doing the usual deadlifts, ohs and squats at the gym, and some leg presses too. My weight for the leg presses is now at 290, it was 210 at the beginning of the week I added 20 lbs to my deadlift weight, which is still too low to mention Unfortunately, starting this challenge coincided with an impromptu trip to the beach for a few days with no gym in sight but I bought a 40 lb dumbbell with me and did glute bridges, ohs, and arm work with it. I also sort of made up something that probably has a name but if it does I don't know it - I put the 40 lbs over my head with my arms extended, and then sat back on a bench and then got up from it. I did that 15 times, 3 sets, sitting all the way down and then immediately getting back up. It really worked my butt and thighs. Kind of a modified squat with a half second of dead time between each one, like a deadlift. Felt good, and was I lifting heavy things.
        be the hair that knots with my hair
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        primal since oct. 1, 2012

        Comment


        • Originally posted by little vase View Post
          Yep, I am. I've been doing the usual deadlifts, ohs and squats at the gym, and some leg presses too. My weight for the leg presses is now at 290, it was 210 at the beginning of the week I added 20 lbs to my deadlift weight, which is still too low to mention Unfortunately, starting this challenge coincided with an impromptu trip to the beach for a few days with no gym in sight but I bought a 40 lb dumbbell with me and did glute bridges, ohs, and arm work with it. I also sort of made up something that probably has a name but if it does I don't know it - I put the 40 lbs over my head with my arms extended, and then sat back on a bench and then got up from it. I did that 15 times, 3 sets, sitting all the way down and then immediately getting back up. It really worked my butt and thighs. Kind of a modified squat with a half second of dead time between each one, like a deadlift. Felt good, and was I lifting heavy things.
          Great! I bet your fat percentage has dropped a bit, considering the intensity of your training, you've probably added a bit of muscle density as well.
          Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

          https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

          Comment


          • Things aren't going well, canuck. My GI is used to massive amounts of protein, but not massive amounts of fat. I'm still having bad diarrhea and today I was lethargic and mostly useless. I just updated my journal. I cheated and had a small dish of walnuts, which helped. I hope tomorrow's easier.
            I'm a weak man...If I give myself a few feet of leeway, I burst through all of my prohibitions.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ajm422 View Post
              Things aren't going well, canuck. My GI is used to massive amounts of protein, but not massive amounts of fat. I'm still having bad diarrhea and today I was lethargic and mostly useless. I just updated my journal. I cheated and had a small dish of walnuts, which helped. I hope tomorrow's easier.
              So sorry to hear about you GI problems ajm422. Your health is more important than adhering to a diet that isn't working for you, perhaps its time to back off the fat eat leaner cuts of meat and add some fish. Maybe even fast for 24 hours. Wishing you a speedy recovery!
              Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

              https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

              Comment


              • Originally posted by canuck416 View Post
                So sorry to hear about you GI problems ajm422. Your health is more important than adhering to a diet that isn't working for you, perhaps its time to back off the fat eat leaner cuts of meat and add some fish. Maybe even fast for 24 hours. Wishing you a speedy recovery!
                Imma power through it. The results are too addicting. I can already see divisions between muscle groups that weren't there a week ago. During my workout this evening I saw my right biceps vein for the first time in 10 years. My workouts have been fantastic (even if the post-workout period today was down), I can see my fat melting away, and the scale is at its lowest point in 12 months. Yeah, it sucks having digestive issues, especially since my previous diet had my bowls humming. But if these results continue, it's a small price to pay.

                Besides, I'm sure my body will adapt. The body is so smart and adaptable. I might have a few more days of loose stool, but I'd be surprised if it persists much more than that. I'm drinking plenty of fluids, replenishing electrolytes, etc.
                I'm a weak man...If I give myself a few feet of leeway, I burst through all of my prohibitions.

                Comment


                • I rarely salt things normally, but figured I'd need to up the salt uptake for this. Found some really good pink Himalayan salt and some black salt from Hawaii that has activated charcoal in it. Both are so good I just pinch some into my mouth sometimes.

                  Maybe I missed it: what's the verdict on a bit of sauerkraut?

                  Sent via A-10 Warthog

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by canuck416 View Post
                    So sorry to hear about you GI problems ajm422. Your health is more important than adhering to a diet that isn't working for you, perhaps its time to back off the fat eat leaner cuts of meat and add some fish. Maybe even fast for 24 hours. Wishing you a speedy recovery!
                    Agreed. Could it be food poisoning? Are you feeling well otherwise?
                    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

                    Originally posted by tfarny
                    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by canuck416 View Post
                      Maybe increase the meat a bit and and another egg - don't forget the butter or coconut oil. I just finished a .94 lb New York Strip, 3 strips of Bacon, 4 Fried eggs all in butter with a few mushrooms, onions and jalapeno pepper. It came out to 1890 calories. I'll probably do hamburger and eggs tonight and it will end up being around 2800 for the day.
                      Canuck, I'm disappointed. I thought you were strictly steak and eggs! 😜

                      No wonder I'm getting bored, you guys are adding all sorts to your steak and eggs! Even just mushrooms would mix it up enough. That's it, I'm picking some up on the way home!
                      If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

                      Originally posted by tfarny
                      If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by little vase View Post
                        Oh the roasted garlic is such a great idea! I'm going to spread that on my steak tomorrow. Yum.

                        We're at the beach and just met up with a friend who captains a sea scallop boat and he handed us ten lbs of freshly shucked and cleaned scallops. They're beautiful. So dinner tonight is going to be a huge scallop and lemon and garlic fry. We also caught 12 bluefish off of a jetty so we're going to have a few fish and egg meals as well. Fresh fish in a cast iron skillet with some butter...that's good stuff. I'll add extra butter for fat, these blues are lean little guys. Also....blue fish and eggs is an amazing breakfast!

                        So my first day after this challenge I'm having fish chowder. It's heavy cream, bacon, potatoes, fish, and butter. It's heaven in a bowl.
                        Garlic butter melted on top of a finished steak is delish.

                        Comment


                        • Garlic butter! Thanks for the suggestion, I just made some

                          I lost 3 lbs! In 6 days. Unheard of for me - I have to fight tooth and nail for every lb lost. Also, not hungry at all, which is so nice. I didn't think to take measurements before starting so I'm just going to gauge by clothing fit and the scale. Clothes are definitely looser around the waist.
                          be the hair that knots with my hair
                          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                          primal since oct. 1, 2012

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Misabi View Post
                            Canuck, I'm disappointed. I thought you were strictly steak and eggs! ��

                            No wonder I'm getting bored, you guys are adding all sorts to your steak and eggs! Even just mushrooms would mix it up enough. That's it, I'm picking some up on the way home!
                            Yeah I know (sheepish). The onion, mushrooms and jalapeno sauteed with the steak for my first meal is a little bit of cheating but my carb gms are still below 20 gms each day so I figure the added flavor is worth it.
                            Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

                            https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by little vase View Post
                              Garlic butter! Thanks for the suggestion, I just made some

                              I lost 3 lbs! In 6 days. Unheard of for me - I have to fight tooth and nail for every lb lost. Also, not hungry at all, which is so nice. I didn't think to take measurements before starting so I'm just going to gauge by clothing fit and the scale. Clothes are definitely looser around the waist.
                              Wow great news little vase! Congrats.
                              Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

                              https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Misabi View Post
                                Agreed. Could it be food poisoning? Are you feeling well otherwise?
                                I agree, I suggested that may be the case in an earlier post. If so hopefully it quickly works through his system.
                                Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

                                https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X