No announcement yet.

Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 1 in the books. Super easy. 2 meals, about 14oz London broil and 4eggs. Took my normal 2 hour Krav maga training session (1 hour tech and 1 hour conditioning) threw around a 60lb kettlebell for a bit (swings,snatches, clean+press) feeling good this morning.

My wife, about 8oz and 3eggs at lunch. She was not feeling hungry @ all after Krav, but she managed to get down about 6oz and 2 eggs with a little effort. She loves it, not being hungry as steak really satisfies her for a long time.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Last edited by WeldingHank; 05-07-2013, 07:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by canuck416 View Post
      Yesterdays Steak and Eggs diet macros:

Calorie Consumed - 2,159 Calories Burned - 509
      Fat -57.81% - 137 gms.
      Protein - 39.01% - 208 gms
      Carbs - 3.19% - 17 gms.
      That's bodybuilding.com levels of protein The bros there, and indeed many on /r/leangains and /r/fitness insist that if you don't get 3 g protein per kg bodyweight your muscles will fall off.

If you don't mind me asking, I have a personal question: how have things been coming out the other end? With no carbohydrate and no fiber, things are bound to come screeching to a halt. Feel free to not answer though. Some topics are probably left off-limits.
      I'm a weak man...If I give myself a few feet of leeway, I burst through all of my prohibitions.

Comment

• Eating 1 meal I came in somewhat under calories yesterday: 1250. But I was way under on the protein, only 73 grams of protein due to the fact that I ate 75% fat. I think I will eat 2 meals with smaller portions of meat than before. And ribeye only once a day. I need to keep my average calorie intake around 1800 for maintenance.

Comment

• Originally posted by ajm422 View Post
          how have things been coming out the other end?
          Hell, I'll answer - they haven't. Definitely going to be saving on toilet paper this month

I'm going to make sure I eat berries and greens and some prunes on my carb day........
          be the hair that knots with my hair
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
          primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by little vase View Post
            Hell, I'll answer - they haven't. Definitely going to be saving on toilet paper this month

I'm going to make sure I eat berries and greens and some prunes on my carb day........
            Carb day with all those vegetables and fruits totally got my system moving.

Comment

• So this is the best thing about carb-up day.

I shredded up all the left over chuck roast (~2lb) mixed in the broth and mashed any left over onions into the shredded beef. 8-10oz here along with a 4 yolk/3 white (I steal a yolk from my wife's omelet) scramble cooked in coconut oil and topped with a pat of butter.

I was up about 1.5lbs after the carbfeast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kegas76 View Post
                So this is the best thing about carb-up day.

I shredded up all the left over chuck roast (~2lb) mixed in the broth and mashed any left over onions into the shredded beef. 8-10oz here along with a 4 yolk/3 white (I steal a yolk from my wife's omelet) scramble cooked in coconut oil and topped with a pat of butter.

Carb day is a day when I eat neither beef nor eggs. It's nice to take a break and eat fish. Plus it liberates more calories to be eaten of vegetables and fruits.

Comment

• Originally posted by Navajo View Post
                  Just a quick observation about my journey thus far.

1 day afer my carb-fest I am back down to the exact weight I was prior to. Another words, I gained 1.6 lbs of water weight Saturday and dropped it all yesterday and am back to where I left off with the steak and eggs Friday night. Looking forward to more progress this week.

Also, does anyone know of a correlation between nutrition and motivation? I spent all day yesterday WANTING to work out but since it was a "rest day" I didn't, but the house sure got cleaned! Before this experiment, the mere thought of working out just pissed me off. HA!
                  Yes, this happens to me. If I'm eating well enough I really really want to move my body. Even to the point of doing dishes, sweeping and vacuuming. So far nothing has been able to get me to dust.
                  Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

So this is the best thing about carb-up day.

Wait...what's the best part about carb-up day? The meal in that photo appears to be exclusively beef and eggs.
                    I'm a weak man...If I give myself a few feet of leeway, I burst through all of my prohibitions.

Comment

Wait...what's the best part about carb-up day? The meal in that photo appears to be exclusively beef and eggs.
                      The best part was all of the left over meat that I didn't eat because I was focusing on the plant items in the roast pot. I probably had about 4oz of meat each meal and was left with ~2lbs of leftovers. The pic is the breakfast using the leftovers.

Comment

The best part was all of the left over meat that I didn't eat because I was focusing on the plant items in the roast pot. I probably had about 4oz of meat each meal and was left with ~2lbs of leftovers. The pic is the breakfast using the leftovers.
                        Ah I see. Though I take issue with that being the best part about carb-up day. The best part about carb-up day is beer.

Comment

• What I miss is cheese. There is no place on either a steak-and-eggs day nor a carb-up day for cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                            What I miss is cheese. There is no place on either a steak-and-eggs day nor a carb-up day for cheese.
                            You could probably work some cheese in on carb-day. I usually eat small amounts of really good cheese with some bread and wine. I suppose if your thing is lasagna or quesadillas, then yeah. I guess there is no place for cheese this month.

Comment

You could probably work some cheese in on carb-day. I usually eat small amounts of really good cheese with some bread and wine. I suppose if your thing is lasagna or quesadillas, then yeah. I guess there is no place for cheese this month.
                              I don't want to cheat. The fat in the cheese would displace my vegetables and fruit that make up my carb day. I ate almost a week's worth of them on Sunday.

I'm thinking if I were to repeat this after the first month, I would probably take a week off between as "cheese week".

Comment

That's bodybuilding.com levels of protein The bros there, and indeed many on /r/leangains and /r/fitness insist that if you don't get 3 g protein per kg bodyweight your muscles will fall off.

If you don't mind me asking, I have a personal question: how have things been coming out the other end? With no carbohydrate and no fiber, things are bound to come screeching to a halt. Feel free to not answer though. Some topics are probably left off-limits.
                                Well, I guess I am weirder than most. The "other end" business has been business as usual. No plugging up or running out. HA!

Comment

Working...
                                X