Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
    I love seeing all these people embracing the carnivorous fun. And nary a nutritional deficiency in sight.
    Actually PB, I was wondering about that. Looking at my steak and eggs for today on paleotrack.com it's coming up short on RDI for some minerals and vitamins. If I throw offal into the mix it would improve them i guess, but in the context if this steak and eggs experiment, I guess adequate fruit and veggies on Sunday should make up any deficit from during the week.

If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Yes, refeed day for me will be a nutritonal overdose! Miner's lettuce, stinging nettle, dandelion, ALL THE BERRIES I HAVE, and more!
      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Good answers both, has convinced me to try it at some stage. I've been simplifying recently anyway - the most complex thing I cook at the moment is a stew, its mainly just fresh meats, veg and fruit, sometimes made more interesting but usually I don't need to anyway - its already great. 'Meat week' / 'veg week' / 'fruit week' would make my shopping trips even easier...!

Or maybe I could do this:......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-z5T8meC84
        Last edited by Owen; 05-03-2013, 06:02 AM.
        Healthy is the new wealthy.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/ances...handnutrition/

Comment

• Had a great bench workout today.

Comment

• I can't believe this thread already has 25 pages but it's still too early to see progress pictures. I want progress pictures!!
            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

• It's only the 6th day of the challenge. These people are just really talky ;P

But yeah. I would love pics too. I hope some of you took befores!

I'm tempted to get on this, just start a week late and go a week after the challenge is over. I could eat steak and eggs for a month straight, no problem. No problem at all.
              be the hair that knots with my hair
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
              primal since oct. 1, 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Misabi View Post
                Actually PB, I was wondering about that. Looking at my steak and eggs for today on paleotrack.com it's coming up short on RDI for some minerals and vitamins. If I throw offal into the mix it would improve them i guess, but in the context if this steak and eggs experiment, I guess adequate fruit and veggies on Sunday should make up any deficit from during the week.

Actually those numbers look pretty stellar to me. I think you gotta try to account for the higher bioavailability for meat and eggs. These things are used at a much better rate than getting them elsewhere. Plus thow in one liver day and watch your copper for the week and any sub par B vitamins get taken care of.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                  I still think you'll have good results, it just may not be a true ketogenic diet.

Remember, every single gram of protein that is not diverted to maintaining or building muscle gets turned to glucose via gluconeogenesis so even overall macro percentages can be kind of pointless at times if there is simply more protein than your muscles need in your diet.
                  Aaah, thanks for this post. I have been stalling the past few weeks with my prior successful routine and I am going to guess the addition of BCAA is the culprit. Great for IF pre/post workout. I love the taste and have been adding it to my water getting about 5-7 servings throughout the day. No wonder i'm stalling. Backing off the BCAA I bet does the trick.

Comment

• Waist has gone down an inch already. Went from a 49'' to a 48''. The steak and eggs has broken my two month plateau.
                    Work out was bi's and Tri's with some shoulder press tossed in and my first AB workout in some time. The steak and eggs are still going down well and still TASTY.
                    05/01/2012 - Present
                    Starting Weight: 390 - Current Weight: 270 - Goal Weight: 240
                    Height 6' 6''

Comment

• Ran out of steak and eggs, re-upping today. So I am eating beef heart with the fat on it still as a substitute this AM.
                      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                        Ran out of steak and eggs, re-upping today. So I am eating beef heart with the fat on it still as a substitute this AM.
                        Where do you buy your beef heart? I live in MD right outside of DC and I'm searching for places but I'm coming up empty. I want to get into eating offal regularly.
                        I'm a weak man...If I give myself a few feet of leeway, I burst through all of my prohibitions.

Comment

• Call a local rancher and ask when the next kill is, and if they can save X for you from the animal. I regularly get suet and heart and liver this way. I've never asked for the head - I wonder if I can get it? Perhaps without the brain if they are worried about that.
                          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Originally posted by ajm422 View Post
                            Where do you buy your beef heart? I live in MD right outside of DC and I'm searching for places but I'm coming up empty. I want to get into eating offal regularly.
                            I wouldn't think it would be too hard to find in DC suburbs. I used to live in Germantown MD back in '99, we had this cool little Amish type market (Lancaster County Dutch Market) with an awesome butcher shop(they would even have rabbits). If I recall the was also an asian or latin market, I can't track it down on google/google maps now but I did see this new Korean market (the also have a Sliver Spring and La Grande location).

Comment

• Originally posted by Misabi View Post
                              Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                              Actually those numbers look pretty stellar to me. I think you gotta try to account for the higher bioavailability for meat and eggs. These things are used at a much better rate than getting them elsewhere. Plus thow in one liver day and watch your copper for the week and any sub par B vitamins get taken care of.
                              Yes, I was telling Canuck that, to do this long term, it really would need to be the "nose to tail critters and eggs diet", kind of like what I eat all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                                True, I hadn't taken the bioavailability into account and I've got ox liver scheduled in the rotation ;-)

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                                Yes, I was telling Canuck that, to do this long term, it really would need to be the "nose to tail critters and eggs diet", kind of like what I eat all the time.
                                Absolutely!
                                If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                                If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Working...
                                X