Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Ghshl View Post
    I ended up not having ice cream, we just had tea instead!
    So diet is still intact!

    Sounds bad about the ankle, taking it easy with running sounds like a plan.
    Wow, impressed with the discipline!
    Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

    https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Ghshl View Post
      I ended up not having ice cream, we just had tea instead!
      So diet is still intact!
      I went out with my boyfriend tonight. I had tea and a (too-small, fat-free) steak. I had to eat butter for dessert when I got home.

      Boiled egg yolks smashed up with butter are really good!

      Sounds bad about the ankle, taking it easy with running sounds like a plan.
      I've had issues with my right ankle for many years. I hoped I had gotten over them, but perhaps losing another 15 pounds would do it.
      Last edited by eKatherine; 05-01-2013, 07:02 PM.

      Comment


      • Been steak and eggs for almost two weeks now, never gets old...

        Flying to the states for a couple weeks on business, so strategizing.

        The good part -- I'll have an unlimited credit card, steak is plentiful and cheap in the states, and my hotel has a kitchen. So grab a rental car, hit Whole Foods, and load up on tenderloin, grass fed butter, organic eggs, cream, and a few vegies! Plus there is a Keg down the street where I can chow on a pound of prime rib!

        The bad part -- The hotel gym only has a bench and dumbbells, no olympic barbell, no chinup bar, nothing. So mapping out a program of 45min 8x8 dumbbell sets that I'll do 5 days a week. Not much to do on these trips except work, eat, gym, sleep.

        I feel some muscle/leanness coming in May.

        Comment


        • If this were steak and rice, I could easily do it. Beef bowls for a month? Sign me up.
          Make America Great Again

          Comment


          • Just in case anyone is interested in an update from the XXL crowd...

            Yesterday:
            0530 - coffee and cream
            1200 - 12 oz London Broil steak and 5 boiled eggs
            1900 - 16 oz ground beef with 4 fried eggs
            Bowflex workout for chest and arms

            Today:
            0600 - coffee and cream
            1300 - 12 oz Sirloin steak and 5 boiled eggs
            2000 - 12 oz beef liver
            Bowflex workout legs and abs

            Feeling great and can't wait until Saturday so I can have a BIG ASS SALAD!!! HAHAHA
            (Gonna do the refeeds on Saturdays rather than Sundays for ease of scheduling)

            Glad to see all the progress from everyone so far.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Navajo View Post
              Just in case anyone is interested in an update from the XXL crowd...

              Yesterday:
              0530 - coffee and cream
              1200 - 12 oz London Broil steak and 5 boiled eggs
              1900 - 16 oz ground beef with 4 fried eggs
              Bowflex workout for chest and arms

              Today:
              0600 - coffee and cream
              1300 - 12 oz Sirloin steak and 5 boiled eggs
              2000 - 12 oz beef liver
              Bowflex workout legs and abs

              Feeling great and can't wait until Saturday so I can have a BIG ASS SALAD!!! HAHAHA
              (Gonna do the refeeds on Saturdays rather than Sundays for ease of scheduling)

              Glad to see all the progress from everyone so far.
              Looking good Navajo! Nicely done.
              Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

              https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

              Comment


              • Originally posted by KimchiNinja View Post
                Been steak and eggs for almost two weeks now, never gets old...

                Flying to the states for a couple weeks on business, so strategizing.

                The good part -- I'll have an unlimited credit card, steak is plentiful and cheap in the states, and my hotel has a kitchen. So grab a rental car, hit Whole Foods, and load up on tenderloin, grass fed butter, organic eggs, cream, and a few vegies! Plus there is a Keg down the street where I can chow on a pound of prime rib!

                The bad part -- The hotel gym only has a bench and dumbbells, no olympic barbell, no chinup bar, nothing. So mapping out a program of 45min 8x8 dumbbell sets that I'll do 5 days a week. Not much to do on these trips except work, eat, gym, sleep.

                I feel some muscle/leanness coming in May.
                The Keg...hmmm. Are you going to Canada? Two weeks, awesome! You are setting the trail, we are following your lead!
                Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

                https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                  If this were steak and rice, I could easily do it. Beef bowls for a month? Sign me up.
                  Ha ha! For sure that would be easier, but then it wouldn't be called 'Steak and Eggs.
                  Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

                  https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by canuck416 View Post
                    The Keg...hmmm. Are you going to Canada? Two weeks, awesome! You are setting the trail, we are following your lead!
                    Almost, Seattle.

                    Yeah I had already started steak and eggs and then this thread appeared. It's like a cosmic coincidence of awesomeness!

                    Speaking of awesome, posting from the new iPhone app, handy.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by canuck416 View Post
                      Wow, impressed with the discipline!
                      I was feeling quite stuffed from the meals, so not so much discipline
                      We decided to do it on sunday instead, since I already have a baptism to go to and that day will likely go down as a carb refeed day anyway.

                      Scale is 2kg down since yesterday, so the water is starting to depart.
                      Today I have work from 3pm until 11pm, so I wonder if I should either make some food to take from home, or just eat extra at lunch and forget about dinner... Beef or hamburger is most interesting when fresh...

                      Comment


                      • I've done this in the past unintentionally. I'll go a few weeks heavy veggies or salads and others almost none, just meat and eggs.

                        Might actually give it a concerted effort as I've got a beach holiday in 4 weeks! Luckily I have a slab of steak ready and waiting in the fridge, as I had some with Brussels sprouts and mushrooms tonight. Breakfast is usually 5 or 6 eggs and maybe some veggies anyway, and more steak is always welcome on my plate :-)
                        If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

                        Originally posted by tfarny
                        If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

                        Comment


                        • 5 months in, at least 95% primal, I'm becoming interested by this idea of having different periods where I concentrate on different food groups, such as this one for protein, or possibly others where I eat mainly fresh veg and fruit. I may do a seperate post about this but thanks for the ideas that have come out of this post. If I can ask one thing though - is there a specific reason why avoiding fresh veg for a period would further help with fat loss? Fruit and starches I understand, but I always have a big salad with my steaks, partly because they go together so well!
                          Healthy is the new wealthy.

                          http://www.facebook.com/groups/ances...handnutrition/

                          Comment


                          • Owen, it is my impression that when you give up a whole food group that was a staple or so for a long time, your body (metabolism) will "perceive" it as a change in your environment (quasi-sudden absence of this food) and trigger mitigation mechanism, which in all likelihood will be "fat burning" due to the "hard days ahead" (fat is stored for bad days when food is scarce). So it will probably work for a while until your body adapts to the new norm (homeostasis). Then it's time to change again if you still want to shed some more body fat. Basically, put the body into a state where it "believes" you will have to rely on your fat store for working around the perceived "food scarcity" .

                            Note that if suddenly, you load yourself with junk food, it will not exactly work ...
                            I also think that is why VLC diets work so great, until your body reaches homeostasis (with or without body fat store still to be shed for aesthetic reasons that have nothing to do with your core health).
                            Last edited by dkJames; 05-02-2013, 04:16 AM.

                            Comment


                            • Just a quick tip for all you big steak eaters: Don't overlook the whole cuts that Costco sells - whole Sirloin, Ribeye, Tenderloin etc. It ends up being significantly cheaper if you're willing to cut it yourself. I picked up a whole Sirloin there (10lbs) for about $3.50/pound instead of the $5/pound they charge for a cut. Plus you get to work on your butchering skills. Though not grassfed, I find Costco meats to generally be a higher quality than my local grocery store too.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Kastro View Post
                                Just a quick tip for all you big steak eaters: Don't overlook the whole cuts that Costco sells - whole Sirloin, Ribeye, Tenderloin etc. It ends up being significantly cheaper if you're willing to cut it yourself. I picked up a whole Sirloin there (10lbs) for about $3.50/pound instead of the $5/pound they charge for a cut. Plus you get to work on your butchering skills. Though not grassfed, I find Costco meats to generally be a higher quality than my local grocery store too.
                                I picked up a 14 pound slab of ribeye at Sam's Club and saved $1 a pound over pre-sliced.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X