No announcement yet.

Lets get serious about body fat - 4 weeks Steak and eggs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nah, I have been doing the odd pushup here and there and am actually pretty active living up in the mountains cutting and hauling firewood, gardening, animal care etc. Just haven't done any concentrated "Formal" workouts in that long. I'm a little sore and a bit stiff from working some "muscles" that haven't been used much in a while, but I think I'll live.

Comment

• Ok first day done and I tick this one off as a transition day.....

Late afternoon had 1/2 an apple.
      Went for a 4km run, 3 sets of 10 chin-ups,
      dinner ~300g of scotch fillet steak, 3 fried eggs, small side of lettuce, tomatoes a cucumbers
      After dinner 45 min foam rolling, hip bridges on Swiss ball, stretching
      Cup of tea and 2 dates

Not a bad day food wise but a bit off the "steak n eggs"
      "Times fun when you are having Flies" Kermit the frog

Comment

• Feeling great this morning. Strong arm workout hit 100 lb curls 10 reps for 10 sets.
        8 oz sirloin and four eggs for breakfast and a pound lighter on the scale.
        05/01/2012 - Present
        Starting Weight: 390 - Current Weight: 270 - Goal Weight: 240
        Height 6' 6''

Comment

• Originally posted by Fynn View Post
          Feeling great this morning. Strong arm workout hit 100 lb curls 10 reps for 10 sets.
          8 oz sirloin and four eggs for breakfast and a pound lighter on the scale.
          Awesome! 100lbs X10 X10 - I see some big "Guns" coming.
          Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

Comment

• Originally posted by fat belly frog View Post
            Ok first day done and I tick this one off as a transition day.....

Late afternoon had 1/2 an apple.
            Went for a 4km run, 3 sets of 10 chin-ups,
            dinner ~300g of scotch fillet steak, 3 fried eggs, small side of lettuce, tomatoes a cucumbers
            After dinner 45 min foam rolling, hip bridges on Swiss ball, stretching
            Cup of tea and 2 dates

Not a bad day food wise but a bit off the "steak n eggs"
            Great start! Good job on the run/chinups.

Comment

• LOL with the rapid water loss my arms actually went down from 16>5 to 16.25 but weight loss is great.
              05/01/2012 - Present
              Starting Weight: 390 - Current Weight: 270 - Goal Weight: 240
              Height 6' 6''

Comment

• My transition day and a half is over. It's just meat and eggs now! Winning!
                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• My transition day and a half is over. It's just meat and eggs now! Winning!

I'm plugging in my last few meals on fitday for kicks, and I'm clearly in a deficit. Yet, I'm stuffed and can eat no more (unless you paid me!). A mild deficit, each meal seems to land somewhere between 1300 and 1700 calories so far, and at twice a day that's a rather low 2300 to 3400 at the most. I'll keep an eye on this, just to see if most meals and up landing under 3000 calories or not. 3000 calories is maintenance for me, so...yeah. This could go a little haywire!
                  Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Military Press day today, I did the following (all weights in kg):
                    40x5
                    47.5x3
                    52.5x4 (In the program this set is 1+ rep, so 4 is nice)

Close grip bench press
                    45x5
                    52.5x5
                    57.5x10

Chinups with weights
                    9kg x 5 x 3

Dips bw 9,8,7,4,4

Also did a little bit of pushups and working on levers afterwards, as I was done before my gym partner.

Came home from the workout for meal 1 which was two steaks (360g) and 6 eggs.
                    Meal two was 250g minced meat and two eggs (by then I was stuffed).

Going well so far, but I'm afraid I'm going to cheat a little tonight... Got a text from a girl about going out for ice cream, and I won't let my diet interfere with that. I will however hold back and not go all in with the ice cream.
                    Last edited by Ghshl; 05-01-2013, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• I just found this thread today. I think I'll join in. I went to Costco last night and bought a whole bunch of non-beef meats like cornish game hens, fish fillets, and chickens but I'll just make sure to cook those with lots of butter and make some cream sauces. When those are gone I'll stick to beef. This is gonna be fun.
                      I'm a weak man...If I give myself a few feet of leeway, I burst through all of my prohibitions.

Comment

• It's great to read all the interesting comments on this thread! Welcome to all the new comers and check out Knifegill's thread he not only contributes here but he's also doing a personal diary on his steak and eggs experiment that's very interesting. I encourage everyone to drop in every couple of days and share your experiences and best practices...Thanks for participating!

Day 3

As usual started out with a cup of black coffee then headed off to the gym. I decided to walk to the gym each day as part of my routine. It's 1 mile to the gym so I end up walking 2 miles in total. Nice gentle warmup and cool down.

Leg Day! (1 minute rest between sets)

Warmup with Abs and Hyperextensions

Squats (full and deep) - 135 lbs X 15, 185 lbs X 10, 205 lbs X 8, 225 lbs X 6, 245 lbs X 3
                        Hack Squats - 135 lbs X 12, 185 lbs X10, 205 lbs X 8

Super Set - Thigh Ext. 120 lbs/Leg Curls 80 - 3 X 10

Calf Raises - 200 lbs. 3 X 15

Meal 1 - New York Strip (.87 lbs) cooked in butter with onions and mushrooms, 4 eggs fried sunny side up.

Meal 2 - TriTip Steak cooked in coconut oil with 6 eggs fried sunny side up.

Added lots of Himalayan Pink Salt to the steak and eggs and took my usual supplements iodine, vitamin K and added some B complex today. Drinking a lot of water today, cut up some lemons and added it to the water which was refreshing. I think I'll brew up some green tea and sip on it throughout the day starting tomorrow.

Actually felt fairly strong today which suprised me a bit as I was feeling quite drained after yesterdays track workout.

Comment

• It's great to read all the interesting comments on this thread! Welcome to all the new comers and check out Knifegill's thread he not only contributes here but he's also doing a personal diary on his steak and eggs experiment that's very interesting. I encourage everyone to drop in every couple of days and share your experiences and best practices...Thanks for participating!

Day 3

As usual started out with a cup of black coffee then headed off to the gym. I decided to walk to the gym each day as part of my routine. It's 1 mile to the gym so I end up walking 2 miles in total. Nice gentle warmup and cool down.

Leg Day! (1 minute rest between sets)

Warmup with Abs and Hyperextensions

Squats (full and deep) - 135 lbs X 15, 185 lbs X 10, 205 lbs X 8, 225 lbs X 6, 245 lbs X 3
                          Hack Squats - 135 lbs X 12, 185 lbs X10, 205 lbs X 8

Super Set - Thigh Ext. 120 lbs/Leg Curls 80 - 3 X 10

Calf Raises - 200 lbs. 3 X 15

Meal 1 - New York Strip (.87 lbs) cooked in butter with onions and mushrooms, 4 eggs fried sunny side up.

Meal 2 - TriTip Steak (.78 lbs) cooked in coconut oil with 6 eggs fried sunny side up.

Added lots of Himalayan Pink Salt to the steak and eggs and took my usual supplements iodine, vitamin K, added some B complex today and got my usual Vitamin D sunbathing in. Drinking a lot of water today, cut up some lemons and added it to the water which was refreshing. I think I'll brew up some green tea and sip on it throughout the day starting tomorrow.

Actually felt fairly strong today which suprised me a bit as I was feeling quite drained after yesterdays track workout.
                          Last edited by canuck416; 05-01-2013, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• Beef. It's what's for dinner.

I hard-boiled 18 eggs this morning.

I'm doing pretty well here except for the fact that my right ankle feels like mush. I'm going to need to take some time off on the running.

Comment

• Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                              Beef. It's what's for dinner.

I hard-boiled 18 eggs this morning.

I'm doing pretty well here except for the fact that my right ankle feels like mush. I'm going to need to take some time off on the running.
                              Sorry to hear about you ankle! Personally I cut way back on my running, except a couple days of sprints, and have focused on weights. For me its all about building muscle this month.

Comment

• I ended up not having ice cream, we just had tea instead!
                                So diet is still intact!

Sounds bad about the ankle, taking it easy with running sounds like a plan.

Comment

Working...
                                X