X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kool View Post
    About 4 pounds in a week frame.
    Pfft. I cut 8 lbs in the past 48 hours.

Dandelion tea, cardio, tanning and high repetition lifting. Think 6 sets of 15 that burn like a bitch.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

When I competed in the 86 kg middelweight division in Judo, I usually started around 89 kg the same morning at 6 AM dehydrating myself in the Sauna and by light jogging with lots of clothes. Weight in at 8 AM and fighting usually started at 3 PM, so plenty of time for re-hydrating myself. 4 pounds the same morning should usually be a piece of cake if you know how to do it...
      "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

I regularly do salt baths for detoxifying purposes, the salt draws toxins out as well as water and I can normaly loose about a pound. Consider that I am 106 lbs, so if you are bigger you probably hold more water to loose. I play with the amount of salt I put in for that same reason, ie, if I have just worked out and I'm already dehydrated I use less salt, etc.

FYI I use sea salt not empson salts...
        Loving my primal life

Comment

Originally posted by j3nn View Post
          Search the forums for the potato diet. People often drop weight rapidly doing that hack. You basically eat nothing but potatoes for a week or two; no added fats or proteins, just white potatoes.
          This-I did three potato days a couple weeks ago and dropped 5lbs, which I did not gain. Did two more days this past Monday/Tuesday and dropped another 3ish pounds. I ate 6 medium yellows a day with a bit of ketchup, A-1 sauce and then spices. The hack is also great for eliminating cravings, especially sugar. That's why I did it-weight loss was just a bonus
          Last edited by mom23kids; 04-25-2013, 01:39 PM.
          *Sara*

Comment

Originally posted by polos26 View Post
            I regularly do salt baths for detoxifying purposes, the salt draws toxins out as well as water and I can normaly loose about a pound. Consider that I am 106 lbs, so if you are bigger you probably hold more water to loose. I play with the amount of salt I put in for that same reason, ie, if I have just worked out and I'm already dehydrated I use less salt, etc.

FYI I use sea salt not empson salts...

Would Himilayan pink salt work? How much do you use? I'm 128lbs. I've heard really good things about salt baths and detoxing, but with epsom salt.
            *Sara*

Comment

Originally posted by Fernaldo View Post
              You could check out Lyle McDonalds PSMF "Rapid Fatloss Diet". It's basically all protein and fish caps for X number of days. It cannot be sustained for long periods. It's essentially 0 carb, 0 fat (albeit you supplement EFAs) and high protein.
              Have you done it before? I don't think I can do this because meat is relatively expensive unless I go for canned which contains a lot of sodium which might counteract my goal

Originally posted by Damiana View Post
              Go to a sauna. This is not recommended btw, but it's one way.
              No money for that

Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
              Those pills that dehydrate you.
              No money for that

**I've started the low carb primal which resulted in a quick 3 pound loss but it all gained back for some reason and it wont work for me anymore

Originally posted by j3nn View Post
              Search the forums for the potato diet. People often drop weight rapidly doing that hack. You basically eat nothing but potatoes for a week or two; no added fats or proteins, just white potatoes.
              I thought carbs cause you to retain water? Is it literally all carbs and zero fat/protein? Could sweet potatoes work too?
              Last edited by Kool; 04-25-2013, 08:02 PM.

Comment

I'm confused...on one hand low carb works for a lot of people which it did for me but it backfired and I regained the weight. When I did very low carb, I had higher fat than protein, could that have been the cause?

I've also heard of fruit "detoxes" which is all carbs but all calories but weight loss is quick

High protein and zero carb and zero fat seems the most reasonable since high protein lessens muscle loss and there's no carbs(correct me if I'm wrong)?

Does fat cause water retention?

Would mixing the high protein and potato diet with zero fat be the best?

Should I try going from all protein/zero carb/zero fat to all carb/zero protein/zero fat?
                Last edited by Kool; 04-25-2013, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Temporary weight loss is not good for health. If weight loss normally its good but don't use supplements. Drink lot of water early morning and also drink water before eating.

Comment

I'm a small woman, and I can easily lose at least a pound of water weight during a hard high intensity cardio session at the gym. Most gyms also have saunas and heat spas, just saying. You don't have to pay a lot for that.
                    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Dehydration
                      Glycogen depletion by intense exercise and kerogen if diet

You will lose water weight only though.
                      http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Comment

Almost any crash diet (including Atkins induction) will give a morbidly obese person eating the SAD a huge weight loss the first week.

Not morbidly obese? Already eating primal and in reasonable quantities? There is only so much phantom weight that can be lost.

Comment

Good news!!! The weigh in is moved to next month *whew*
                          So relieved...though, I am intrigued by the potato diet and I will be snooping around the forums I guess..
                          Thanks for everyone's help!! I'll be sure to try some of these tactics if I still manage to be lame and not drop those pounds

Comment

Dude its 4 freaking pounds.... go drop a deuce.

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                              Dude its 4 freaking pounds.... go drop a deuce.
                              Not possible for me, I have rabbit poops

Comment

Working...
                              X