Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's that time of the year. Who's in for a May Whole 30?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not sure what you call it outside the UK but its basically cured Ham/Pork
    2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

Comment

Adam, I understand that your Whole 30 is basically a Primal of some sort, allowing a lot of things that Whole 30 excludes, but cured meats often have a lot of sugar and chemicals added to them, and are unacceptable on a traditional Whole 30. I actually cure my own bacon, to make sure it only has sea salt and spices, no sugar, no other nonsense.
      My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
      When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Week 3 Day 1 (started on the 4th): I am still enjoying this so much. Have not weighed or measured but can wear pants that outright laughed at me 3 weeks ago. Still working on getting my meals better balanced but have not ventured into the no-no foods. Still determined but I have no fear that I won't finish. Have a great last(?) week everyone.

Comment

Thumbs up pfair!

We are eating at the friend's house this Saturday, so I will take a day off Whole 30, then be back to it. Rhubarb is coming strong in the yard, so my indulgence will be a strawberry rhubarb cobbler with coconut and nuts topping.

The most important decision I made during this Whole 30 is to drop dairy for good. I might use raw cheese in a recipe, maybe, but that's about that. First thing that contributed, was the link people pointed out between the cataracts and dairy, and yesterday I have read about the Pottinger's cats experiment and it completely freaked me out. Not that pasteurized dairy vs raw dairy made a difference for those poor cats (they were screwed regardless as long as their meat was boiled) but I am still thinking to heck with dairy.

Fruit still continues to be my biggest problem. Appetite seem more stable, but skin still mildly inflamed. I am wondering if I have the chops to drop fruit for 2 weeks when I start next Whole 30, and see if that cause clearing of the skin.

Overall, I have not been that happy and sure about my WOE for a while. I just know I am getting it right, and stop doubting & wanting to try a potato hack this, or VLC that or whatever.
          Last edited by Leida; 05-27-2013, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Hello all! I just started my Whole 30 today. My goals are to have NO: grains, dairy, sugar, artifical crap. -in addition to the other items not on a primal diet.
            Those are all three serious triggers for me, and normally not a huge problem unless we go out to eat or my mom makes food.

My husband calls her "the carb pusher"! Haha. So true.

Comment

Gammon is essentially the same as Bacon from what i can tell Leida. Just a different part of the animal. i get it from a good producer.

pretty tough weekend.

Saturday i cheated a little and was a little frustrated but I did a good fast yesterday.

Managed to get a few salads in which was good.
              2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Comment

I'm on day 28. Have remained strict on guidelines in It Starts With Food. Additionally I dropped nightshades, beef, eggs, oranges because of sensitivities. I let go of coffee on day 15 because it's a bean. I have held myself accountable and haven't gone off plan because I didn't want to start over. I probably will want to go longer than 30 for optimal health benefits. I'm doing this for feeling great. I'm already a healthy weight.

I keep a daily journal over on the Whole9 forum.

Welcome to those just starting.

Comment

Heya, Adam, sorry you had a tough weekend & thumbs up on the salads As long as your supplier doesn't use nitrites and sugar, that's great.

Hi Calee, I also dropped coffee for this W30 - and this time probably for good. Just messes up with my system atrociously.

I am very, very excited to report that I can't get enough sleep lately, meaning, I want to sleep > 7 hrs, don't even wake up in the middle of the night. Basically, this means I am in a great place, but I do want to drop a few more pounds, though I won't push as low as I always did.

Yay for June Whole 30!
                  Last edited by Leida; 05-28-2013, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Back on it now.

A full day fast with bone broth and a fresh coffee with a spoon of coconut oil - simple pleasures

Tonight will be salmon with veggies.
                    2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Comment

On a side issue, the last week has shown me that your weight is not really a good indicator of progress.

My weight is now steady at 84kg which is 7kg heavier than my lightest but my body measurements and clothes fitting are better.

must be doing something right.
                      2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Comment

I think I will keep going on this, as I only have about a week left since I started this Whole 30.Feeling really good, physically and mentally. I like the way I look in the mirror. That is an amazing thing coming from me! I never liked myself much, so the mental change is HUGE. That alone is worth continuing to eat cleanly as possible!
                        My scale battery is dying, but its ok, because, like AdamC29, the weight is not the thing anymore. I am putting it away, so I am not tempted to step on it for June Whole 30.
                        Its good to hear everyone is doing well - keep in touch in June!

Comment

yay, looking forward to the June 30 thread

Comment

I'm way late to this game, but May has been my W30 month.

Comment

You know what they say, better later than never!

Comment

So many positive remarks "makes a body feel good". Will be leaving Friday for vacation; cruise no less, but instead of the food, food, food, mentality I am thinking fun, fun, relaxation along with the best way to get my cup of morning coffee w/coconut milk and coconut oil. I am so glad I made a commitment to this. Like many of you and pardon the cliche: "I'll be back" for June. I don't want to stop now.

Comment

Working...
                                X