Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's that time of the year. Who's in for a May Whole 30?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just asking because while I had heard of baked potatoes as "potatoes in their jackets", I had never heard the term "jacket potatoes" in contrast with sweet potatoes. I call them "white potatoes", but that's regional, too.

Comment

I am getting married in 10 weeks
      congrats, AdamC29
      future spouse is lucky to get a guy who takes care of his health!

Comment

thanks Hopeless Dreamer,

We are both on this journey together.

Today's lunch: Big Ass Salad with Avocado/chicken/bacon and a dressing i make at home.

Tea: Chicken and chorizo chilli with rice after a big training session inc sprints
        2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

Comment

Long weekends are trouble. I was doing well, but then OD'd on fruit and nuts yesterday night. It's like my willpower can manage for 2 days at home, but is not build to last for 3 days. I am still walking in the same circle. To heal completely, I need to drop fruit. If I drop fruit, what joys are there left in my life? My still inflamed skin tells me I need to drop fruit, but my hysterical responce to the thought tells me not to.
          My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
          When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Leida,
            do you have a hobby that you like? maybe you could take a class in something you always wanted to know? etc, etc...these are joys of life -doing things you love and being with people you love.
            food just fuels the good times, but shouldn't be the only joy of life...but you knew that, right?
            but I know what you mean about joy of some foods - that's me and chocolate. I haven't had any, but I don't know if I could give it up forever!

Comment

first test today.

I am going out with work for lunch.

I will have to study the menu pretty closely but I am not going to get too bothered about it.
              2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Comment

Leida,
                do you have a hobby that you like? maybe you could take a class in something you always wanted to know? etc, etc...these are joys of life -doing things you love and being with people you love.
                food just fuels the good times, but shouldn't be the only joy of life...but you knew that, right?
                but I know what you mean about joy of some foods - that's me and chocolate. I haven't had any, but I don't know if I could give it up forever!
                I take hapkido, train with a PT, entertain my kid by taking her to classes and reading and being out of doors, taking a 3rd cake decorating class in June (gum paste and fondant), read voraciously, cook every meal including curing my own bacon, dehydrating chips and I have a huge garden I tend to, fruit, vegetables and flowers & go to local garden club meet-ups/share flowers. I also commute each day for over 1.5 hrs and work full time.

I do plenty, but somehow it doesn't matter when you chop fruit for your folks. The whole meditation/yoga/relaxation stuff is great, but somehow fruit is better.

Comment

Had steak and jacket potato for my lunch,

think the steak had s bit of dodgy oil though as my joints are aching a bit.

Cajun Chicken Lettuce wraps for tea

I should mention if I haven't already that I fast until lunch every day.
                  2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Comment

Leida,
                    just reading your post makes me tired! Phew! I do a lot in my days too, but chocolate is still there for me...

Comment

day 4 - finding it pretty easy going so far but I haven't gone into this cold turkey. I have been eating about 80% compliant for the last couple of months.

Today's menu - Big Ass Salad with anchovies, avocado, chicken thighs, tomatoes, spring onions and my own dressing.

Later on I am having chicken tikka skewers with white rice. would love to have some mint yoghurt but dairy doesn't agree with me at all!
                      2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Comment

Leida,
                        just reading your post makes me tired! Phew! I do a lot in my days too, but chocolate is still there for me...
                        I like it this way. You know, i don't like normal chocolate, but lately, I have been adding cocoa nibs into almond butter, and that is fab.

Today I am trying a juice and broth day. I got this book, about a 7 day cleans when you drink different colored juice every day. I basically mushed a potato into my bone broth (1 medium potato for 4 cups of broth) and made two juices, beet and carrot one and a green one. I also took a tbsp of oil this morning as per shangri-la just to make sure my blood sugar doesn't go south from juice. Not sure I will lose weight, but I hop this schedule can enable me to do a couple-three days a week on low calories without the stress of the fasting. I obviously have no interest in the 7 day juicing, but otherwise, the juices and broth seem to have good composition, very low on fruit and sweetness, I go for bone broth rather than pure veg broth, and they also have a wise recommendation for dissolved Hymalaian salt. On the whole I think it is a not so bad an approach.

The book is amusing because it also adds a lot of 'cutsey' uoga stuff, like right now I should take a pen and paper and pour my uttermost thoughts into a journal on paper, heh. And in the evening, I gotta get a foot bath, lol. Dunno if any of the fluffy stuff is gonna happen. I am more into trying to fit in sprints today, tbh.

Comment

flying through this.

Day 5 and into a three day weekend here in the UK, going to be a pretty big challenge.

I am fasting today right through until 6pm later on.
                          2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Comment

Juice and broth went well till about 2:30 pm. Hunger hit hard, and I was glad to be at the dentist.

Hunger lessened after 4:30 pm, going for a swim helped, but still, despite that, sauna, hot tub and the foot bath, I ate almond butter with cocoa nibs and tea, a small apple and 6 oz blackberries in the evening. Doing the same today, though having a supper of warm mushed cauliflower and an egg + a piece of fruit. Or maybe exactly the same thing as yesterday. Minus 2 lbs on the scale this morning, which gives me a hope to pull a maintain this week on my Saturday weigh in. Fingers crossed!
                            Last edited by Leida; 05-24-2013, 06:09 AM.

Comment

I have made my first bone broth today. looking forward to seeing how it turns out

Gammon, eggs and homemade chips for tea (potatoes cooked in lard)
                              2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Comment

What's gammon?

Comment

Working...
                                X