Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's that time of the year. Who's in for a May Whole 30?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
    It's wonderful when your joints feel better. Mine are a barometer for me that show me when I need to look harder for something new or different that is bothering me. But normally now there is no pain or inflammation.
    this!! (my rings fit better, too!)

Comment

chocolate.......cravings........I CAN DO THIS!

Comment

Have you tried cocoa nibs? That's more chocolate than anyone can handle... I mix them into creamed coconut or almond butter. Funnily, I do it to get the health benefits of the nibs, and to stave off yogurt cravings, LOL. I really do not like chocolate. Talk about an ass-backwards female.

Yesterday & this morning, I got a sore throat, so had to power through a desire for a soothing cup of warm milk with honey or butter...
        My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
        When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post
          Have you tried cocoa nibs? That's more chocolate than anyone can handle... I mix them into creamed coconut or almond butter. Funnily, I do it to get the health benefits of the nibs, and to stave off yogurt cravings, LOL. I really do not like chocolate. Talk about an ass-backwards female.

Yesterday & this morning, I got a sore throat, so had to power through a desire for a soothing cup of warm milk with honey or butter...
          Leida, what are the benefits of the nibs? I have some in the fridge.

Good job resisting the warm milk.

Comment

The antioxidants (anti-inflammatory, iirc), and the mood improvements/helps relieve stress - just like dark chocolate only without sugar and chemicals. I think there is good fat in them too.

EDIT: just wanted to add, that this morning I woke up and realized that save for the sore throat nothing was hurting, wrists, feet, knees - everything was great and I had a full 8 hours of sleep (which is an achievement). If I did not have a couple of things to handle at home tonight, I would be in the gym lifting! Well, Thursday it is! Things are looking up
            Last edited by Leida; 05-14-2013, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Leida, I'm so glad you're feeling good. My hands are a bit inflamed this morning. I'm wondering what caused it. I've been staying away from nightshades. Last night I had 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeņo peppers raw. I doubt that could cause it. cherries?

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I was just leafing though the Practical Paleo this morning that I got from the library, and she told to remove jalapenos from the pickle recipe, if nightshades are a problem. So, maybe it is the hot peppers. Cherries are normally pretty benign, no?

Comment

How are you doing folks?

Having a cup of coffee with lemon today as a treat. Got a fair bit of digging and soil carrying yesterday, tired

Comment

Saying that this is my first day of week 3 sounds like I only have a week to go when in actuality I am only half way through.

I was on low carb for about a year at one time and had absolutely no problem staying on it; was never tempted by the white "food". Had stopped losing weight after a loss of about 40 lbs followed by about six months of no loss. I literally weighed the same every morning within a couple of ounces either way. Lured into evil (notice how I shifted blame?) as my SIL had lost 100 lbs. on the dreaded WW. Instead of taking a critical eye to my eating, making some tweaks and adding a little exercise, I defected. Big mistake! Have been trying to get back to the easiness of low carb eating and the knowledge that every day was going to be a good day with no sugar monster make out parties.

Whole 30 has given me back that same control from day one. Don't know what actually made the difference in my mind to lock on to this just like my first day on low carb, but am so happy that it did.

Move to the side week 3 because I am coming through. Thanks to bdilla for inviting me. Love hearing from my other partners in health.

Comment

doing better this week. I went to a Chinese restaurant and had steamed veggies and a steamed fish. it was pretty tasteless, but it made my Mom happy to take me "out". And I was happy to avoid all the unknown yuckies in the sauce and oils.
                      there's always a way, but its not always good eats.

Comment

had steak and steamed veggies at restaurant tonight - added salt and pepper to it, and it was good. its been a long few days of family and visitors, so actually eating out was okay with me, since I stuck to my "diet" choices. looking forward to Memorial day cookout, since I will make what I want - grilled meats and veggies. cant get easier than that.

Comment

I am entering this thread late but I will be doing a whole 30 for the next 30 days. I wasn't able to do earlier in the month.

I am getting married in 10 weeks so going to be taking this seriously.

First day I will be fasting until Dinner/Tea at around 6pm - Pork chops, veggies and Jacket Potato
                          2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

Comment

Hello everyone. I'm on Day 21 and following the food plan easily though with a bit too much fruit. I am doing the Whole30 along with the AIP which means no nightshades, coffee because they are beans, nuts or seeds. I'm also omitting beef eggs and oranges because I have tested sensitivities. The last five days were a big slump for me. This weekend I suffered from lack of energy.i hope that today is better! I still have inflammation in my hands. I am worried that I am gaining weight. 10 days and I can weight.

Welcome Adam. Sweet potatoes are acceptable, jacket potatoes are not on the Whole30.

Have a great week everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by calee View Post
                              Welcome Adam. Sweet potatoes are acceptable, jacket potatoes are not on the Whole30.
                              I have to ask this out of curiosity. Where did you come from that they are called "jacket potatoes"? I have never heard that term before.

Comment

Jacket Potatoes are acceptable on my Whole 30

I don't think there is anything wrong with potatoes from a personal perspective.

EKatherine - I am not sure. It is the UK name for a baked potato, not sure why its called a jaclet potato - maybe because the skin is a "jacket" ?
                                2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

Comment

Working...
                                X