Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's that time of the year. Who's in for a May Whole 30?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frig. I just made a giant batch of yogurt. I'll finish that up and then join in. No booze and no dairy? Doesn't sound so bad. I hardly eat cheese anyway. It's just the yogurt and berries for me...
    I'm a weak man...If I give myself a few feet of leeway, I burst through all of my prohibitions.

Comment

I've been Whole 30 for 9 days now, intending to go through the end of May. Cinco de Mayo will be hard. :P And I'm still putting heavy cream in my coffee, once a day, so I'm not entirely compliant. But the sugar and alcohol and the bit of processed food sneaking into my diet as of late is what I really wanted to ditch. So count me in.

Comment

AJM, I miss my Greek Yogurt, but can go without for thirty days.

Welcome seashells.

Day 3 for me. Woke with a headache. Maybe detox? I ate sugar and flour the day before I started so not surprised.

Yesterday I ate 3 ounces of nuts. Don't generally eat much nuts. Felt like it was the hand to mouth dance. I will try for 1 ounce less today. I'm not missing cheese because I didn't et much of it because of calorie density but my salad could have used that touch of goat cheese yesterday. . More veggies, less nuts.

My plan for today is three compliant meals, walk to work, a walk in the woods tonight and be gentle to myself and coworkers as I detox. Lots of water as my office will be a roaster today. I'm still tracking my food. Whole30 says to knock it off. Gonna work on it.

Have a fun day everyone!

Comment

I feel plagued by inflammations of every kind in the past couple of weeks + high level of stress. So, just ditched my stash of gum. I still have 1.5 L of Greek Yogurt left, so once that is eaten, I will be strict Whole 30, next week, I guess. I am also ditching coffee. I don't intend to eat white potatoes, but I won't make a big deal out of it.
          My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
          When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Hi Leida, thanks for joining in. I am still having my morning cup of coffee, but not enjoying it very much black. I will probably let it go during this Whole30.

I'm abstaining from white potatoes because I love them and can easily overeat them, causing me a lot of inflammation.

Comment

A few days late, (my middle name) but I'm in. Have already had my 8am coffee w/coconut milk and oil. I'll be fine till around 2 in the afternoon. I have no triggers duing the day; no special cravings, no real hunger, no temptations. My only downfall is sugar at night which is a pretty major downfall. This Whole30 is a commitment to solve that problem. If I can do it for 30 then why not 60, then 90? As usual I'm getting ahead of myself. Am going for 30.

Comment

I'm doing well with the tea. I do have a question though. There are no artificial sweeteners allowed. I have given up my packets of stevia, I've only used them a couple times in the last few weeks anyway, but I drink a Yogi Tea called Perfect Energy that has stevia leaves in the blend. Should I forgo that, or is it alright since it is part of the leaf blend? I'd hate to give it up, it's my coffee substitute in the morning!

Comment

I know I need to do this, so I'll start today. Better late than never is my motto. I am going to fast until dinner, if I can hold out that long, since I really overdid it yesterday with sweet foods and carbs. I have been feeling inflamed in my hands, too, and have cut out dairy already. Coffee with coconut milk is good, but trying to cut out coffee is better! More sleep, more sun, and deep breathing - along with a cleaned-up diet should be just the thing to start me off on a great summer.
                  good luck all.

Comment

tech_hunter,
                    I don't know about others, but my idea is to clean up my diet in a way that works for me. You need to do what works, and obsessing about a little stevia is just stress. We don't want stress!
                    Your morning tea sounds fine, and stevia is not the devil some other things are. If a few leaves are in a tea that makes your day go better, I say, drink up!
                    Just my humble opinion.....

Comment

sigh - I had something with carrageenan in it yesterday. so I am "starting again" today. all these years I never knew it was not good. Doing well otherwise- I don't even have chocolate cravings yet!

Comment

this has been eye-opening for me: I always thought I was so careful to read labels, but I have bottled lemon juice with sulfites in my house....just proves there is always room for improvement.

Comment

Okay, finished yogurt, so today is my Day 1 of W30 by the book.

Comment

Day 8 for me. Doing well. Not craving anything in particular except more sleep. Whole30 is not curing my difficulty with falling asleep yet.

The food is great, so many yummy things to eat. Not a lot of time to miss things. Have to admit though that Greek yogurt nd eggs were my go to breakfast. Miss it a touch. I'm allergic to eggs so staying away. I think the inflammation in my hands is getting better.

Comment

I always feel for the folks who are allergic to eggs. Such an easy, versatile go to food. But it seems to help your inflammation, so great.

I am doing W30 to help with all the inflammations that suddenly flared up on me, but I am pretty sure it was artificial sweeteners and some peanut butter I ate at mom's place + stress (I went to help with a family emergency). Took out dairy just in case though.

Comment

I've been doing the Whole30 since April 1 - on day 38 today, and planning to do at least 60 days. I haven't found it too difficult so far. I'm feeling good and have dropped 7-8 pounds, which is nice, though weight-loss wasn't my primary reason for doing it. I'm hoping it'll help with my seasonal allergies - especially giving up the alcohol and dairy. So far, the allergies haven't been bad this year, but it's a little early to tell if it's working or not. Definitely feeling good otherwise, though. Workouts are really good, and I've added a lot of muscle tone.

Comment

Working...
                                X