No announcement yet.

Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the pork rinds aren't fried in veggie oil, at least they don't say they are in the ingredients.

I do use broth, maybe a cup or two a day. It feels great after I eat it. I think there is a lot going on in our bodies at this point. Autophagy for one thing -- the exit of bad proteins from cells where they can be digested. Lots going on.

Comment

• wasn't hungry at all this morning. But had a bowl of broth and some butter tea. Still feel down and depressed but I'm functioning well.

Comment

• Originally posted by richard View Post
        the pork rinds aren't fried in veggie oil, at least they don't say they are in the ingredients.
        Usually they are not since the pork itself has enough fat. Even cheap oils cost money, so in this case mass production would save a buck by not adding anything if they don't have to.

Comment

• got a headache and a weird backache. Ah well, soldier on

It also feels like Seattle here. No offense meant if you live there, but the weather: cool, dreary, gray, drizzly, and it's the third day of this.

Comment

the pork rinds aren't fried in veggie oil, at least they don't say they are in the ingredients.

I do use broth, maybe a cup or two a day. It feels great after I eat it. I think there is a lot going on in our bodies at this point. Autophagy for one thing -- the exit of bad proteins from cells where they can be digested. Lots going on.
            My mistake. I haven't eaten pork grinds since I was a kid and was thinking that pork grinds may go through some sort of process to make them crispy. But as Neck pointed out, pork skin would have plenty of fat for frying...Duh, like bacon. Now that I'm thinking about it, I watched Travel TV show (I think it was no reservations) where the native alaskan's would cook seal fat, which came out looking like pork grinds. Sorry about that.

Neck, you're absolutely right.
            Nutritional Ketosis Journal - http://dobnk.blogspot.com/ and http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread83999.html

Comment

got a headache and a weird backache. Ah well, soldier on

It also feels like Seattle here. No offense meant if you live there, but the weather: cool, dreary, gray, drizzly, and it's the third day of this.
              Are you consuming caffeine? Are you cutting back on it? A headache with a lower backache is associated with caffeine withdrawal symptoms.

Comment

• Originally posted by dob View Post
                My mistake. I haven't eaten pork grinds since I was a kid and was thinking that pork grinds may go through some sort of process to make them crispy. But as Neck pointed out, pork skin would have plenty of fat for frying...Duh, like bacon. Now that I'm thinking about it, I watched Travel TV show (I think it was no reservations) where the native alaskan's would cook seal fat, which came out looking like pork grinds. Sorry about that.

Neck, you're absolutely right.
                pork rinds are pretty cool actually. They are crunchy, low carb, low protein, and can be used to soak up home made mayo or what have you.

I just ate a small amount of grass fed short ribs left over from dinner, and took one ibuprofen. Feel icky but it isn't stopping me from work.

Comment

• Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                  Are you consuming caffeine? Are you cutting back on it? A headache with a lower backache is associated with caffeine withdrawal symptoms.
                  great point. I'm consuming tea, about the same amount as usual. Pretty low in caffeine. I do think that I feel a lot better when I have some coffee though but that's seldom.

Comment

pork rinds are pretty cool actually. They are crunchy, low carb, low protein, and can be used to soak up home made mayo or what have you.
                    Pork rinds are great with salsa.

Comment

• Ok, now I need some pork rinds. Sounds so freaking good right now, lol!!!

Comment

• When I realized how good they are with salsa, I was tempted to melt cheese over them and call them nachos.

Comment

• I love them, always have but forgot that I can have them while in NK. Must remember these next time I go to the store. How did they work out with cheese over them?

Comment

• I didn't actually melt cheese over them. Someday I probably will.

Comment

• lol!!! That's a really good idea for primal nachos for sure.

Well I'm super proud and excited to be on day seven!!!!!

Comment

• yeah I'm avoiding all dairy at this point.

I made palm oil may and I dip the chips in that

Comment

Working...
                                X