Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dkJames View Post
    Richard,

I don't read your thread very often but it would be nice to understand why you are keeping this WOE for so long. Any particular reason ?
    I think it is healthier as a way to live permanently. That's the reason. Ketones are healthier in your system, and it's better to be running mostly on ketones.

Comment

• had some home made pate, some butter tea, sausages, nuts...and for dinner, shrimp (wild) and salad greens with egg.

I still think I'm eating too many nuts...

Comment

• Nuts are fortunately self-limiting for me. I don't like the way they get stuck in my teeth!
        Last edited by Dragonfly; 07-11-2013, 01:52 PM.
        Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
        Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
        Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

• The only "nuts" I can eat without it being an issue are peanuts (yes, I know they aren't nuts). I think I have a nut allergy. They cause my asthma to flare up and I get itchy.
          Georgette

Comment

• I've been attending a conference.

So I've had more coffee than normal and no tea.

And I have had about zero carbs but a cheesecake at a restaurant twice in a row, figure 30g per day, still low, and probably quite ketogenic still I think. Eggs, bacon, sausage yesterday, and salad and chicken, and fish for dinner with asparagus.

Comment

• Nice. I like how easily you stayed keto in a non-keto world!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
                Nice. I like how easily you stayed keto in a non-keto world!
                thanks! It's with your help and everyone on here that makes it much easier.

Keto is a blast really. But you can't be excessively rigid, at least after you've gotten into it enough not to have "unnatural cravings."

I was pretty good before, being grain free and bean free for months when i started vlc. I still think in retrospect I went fully keto too fast. But in any event, I find now I can be a little flexible. I don't feel strong cravings or like bingeing. It took some time to get here but I'm here.

I get a stop before I eat too much, instantly, and I don't feel like going overboard, or eating a lot of desserts. I have to maintain a bit of discipline but it isn't hard anymore.

Comment

• ate like a pig on Sunday, with guest from out of town. The only real cheats were some fried things with light breading, and half a flan dessert.

Yesterday I ate vlc again and no ill effects.

Comment

• welcome back, I say.

I was traveling ouside the USA.

I didn't eat any grains to speak of or beans. I did go off my diet. I even ate some ice cream now and again.

When I got back home, I weighed myself and I am 4 pounds lighter!

Weird. The only thing I can think of is that I walked a huge amount, was very active, and I didn't eat any nuts the whole time. Maybe nuts keep me from losing more weight.

Oh, and I broke my foot! Ouch! When I got home, not on the trip.

Anyway, back to VLC but this time I'm tapering a bit more gradually. I don't want the carb flu. I ate a few pieces of fruit yesterday and also am doing the same today.

Comment

• Ah, I was wondering where you were!

Welcome home!

I always lose weight when I travel.

Comment

• I've been eating low carb not vlc. I had a peach and some berries. And today a bit of honey. That's it though, along with some nuts, chicken salad, grass fed hotdogs, and now for dinner some fish and some non carby vegetable.

I am avoiding carb flu this way...

Comment

• I've been eating VLC again with a piece of fruit or maybe two. That seems to be working very well.

Meanwhile I am healing very fast from a fractured fifth metatarsal, taking 50,000 units of D3 and 4mg of K2 every day. Seems to be working well.

Comment

Working...
                          X