Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks Paleobird.

I'm not doing foods like this right now. Just eating real food and not things that will trigger cravings such as desserts.

Yesterday I had three meals. Each time, unlike before, I got a clear "stop" and just stopped eating. About 1/3 of what I used to eat, LOL. I took the rest home with me both times.

I was with heavy people on the last meal, dinner. One morbidly obese 20 year old, the other near obese, the other just fat. And they are all counting calories on weightwatchers, excuse me counting points, and I'm eating as much fat as I can and eating as much as I can. I tried to explain leptin resistance to them but they don't really care to hear it.

Don't people get the fact that they have a metabolic problem? Apparently not. It's just a matter of eating too much in the past, and a calorie deficit will fix everything. Even though it doesn't fix anything for most people except make them hungry and obsessed with food all the time.

Meanwhile the thin guy at the table is eating as much as he wants until he gets a "not hungry anymore" signal and then he pushes his plate away, naturally and without self control or counting anything. That's my example for the rest of the table.

Comment

• Yesterday
      B: scrambled eggs and ham, tea w/cream
      S: pâté, bone broth
      D: cheese, leftover steak, olives, chocolate butter
      Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
      Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
      Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

• bacon and 3 buttery eggs and green onion, with a little raw milk gruyere, parmiagiano reggiano and leftover chicken, and bacon. ABout 40g of protein I suppose.

Comment

• Lower belly is down an inch! There is hope for the middle-aged middle!

Comment

• Originally posted by richard View Post
            thanks Paleobird. I'm not doing foods like this right now. Just eating real food and not things that will trigger cravings such as desserts.
            I don't usually either. These are meant as a special treat for my boyfriend as we are heading out for a camping trip in a couple of days.

I don't really get cravings much anymore so, on the rare occasion I do, I try to figure out what my body is asking for. Sometimes I really want fruit so I do and then won't have any more for weeks. Not restraining myself, just not interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
              I don't usually either. These are meant as a special treat for my boyfriend as we are heading out for a camping trip in a couple of days.

I don't really get cravings much anymore so, on the rare occasion I do, I try to figure out what my body is asking for. Sometimes I really want fruit so I do and then won't have any more for weeks. Not restraining myself, just not interested.
              very nice. I had about a cup of blueberries, two strawberries and three blackberries. First fruit I've eaten in several months pretty much other than maybe a tablespoon of mango the other day. Felt good. I think summer is the time to have some fruit now and then. Probably 30g of carbs.

I ate corned beef and cabbage otherwise for dinner, and no lunch. Danced quite a lot this afternoon.

Comment

• Steak and duck eggs, kombucha
                Chocolate butter, broth, tea w/cream, glass of wine

Comment

• I ended the evening with two medjool dates which taste amazing when you aren't eating carbs to speak of.

I feel great this morning as usual. I saw an article in the UK Mail that wrote up Butter Coffee. Good PR piece, lol.

On to my butter tea, PART of what makes a perfect morning (the other part should be obvious, lol.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
                    Lower belly is down an inch! There is hope for the middle-aged middle!
                    Fantastic. Congratulations!

Comment

• Thanks, Richard! Weighed myself at a friends house yesterday. 125 lbs. I weighed ~122 as a personal trainer in my mid-thirties, so am getting close.

Today:
                      Burger w/eggs, kombucha
                      Cheese, olives, bacn, Chocolate butter, wine

Comment

• wow, that is very impressive Dragonfly. Isn't that funny about "set weight"? There is evidence that suggests that it exists for many of us (maybe all of us but so many are already overweight in high school and beyond.)

I weighed 165 or so at my so-called "set weight" in my 20s and I'm heading there I think right now also.

But what is best I think is how good I feel now. I can work 8 or 10 hours at a stretch without fatigue and without highs and lows. It's wonderful.

Comment

• Yes. I am really getting the power of a keto-diet to help the metabolism normalize. There is a mention of a study on Peter Attia's site, I think, about an anorexic man normalizing his weight on a keto diet.

My dog is my Primal guru. He never over eats. We put him on a grain-free dog food when we got him and he gets daily extras of cooking lard and offal treats. And an occasional raw bone, but he seems to bury these fast! He is lean and has probably 5 more pounds of muscle than when we got him.

Comment

• ate 3 very buttery eggs and had a little indigestion for a few minutes, after my butter tea, lol.

Then some pistachios and almonds for lunch, and a few olives. More for "fun" than anything else. On to the rest of the workday.

Comment

• last night I had the most delicious ham salad and cole slaw, both home made of course, with olive oil mayo. There were some carrot and daikon in the slaw but not much, and who cares, lol.

Comment

• Hey Richard!

I've revived my journal and will now be posting there. Here's the link:
                                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1234525

Thanks so much for the inspiration to go vlc/keto. It is really working well for me!

Comment

Working...
                                X