Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• salmon w/mayo and olives, limeade, chocolate butter
    Cheese, pork liver pâté, tea w/cream, chocolate butter

I haven't eaten nuts for a while, but yesterday I tried some slivered almonds my dh had in the fridge. Sea salt sprinkled on top. Meh. I forgot that almonds and my FODMAPS-intolerance don't mesh well. Bloated last night. Fine today.
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 06-19-2013, 03:18 PM.
    Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
    Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
    Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

• I ate a bit of cheese, a raw milk cheddar, and i'll eat out tonight so that will be my main meal.

Comment

• Just made another batch of chocolate butter. I calculated and each piece is 3.5 gm of carbs. I eat about 4 pieces a day.

Comment

• last night I ate out and cheated a little. Had a canneloni which had flour. First grains in awhile. Not much of them and I didn't eat a lot of carbs total. Maybe 30g yesterday. I avoided potatoes etc.

So all in all I did quite well. I probably ate 60g of protein which is a lot for one meal these days, but I didn't eat much the rest of the day.

Comment

• ate 3 butter eggs with leftover bacon, about 25g protein, and some butter tea. And having about 1/4 cup of almonds.

The other night I weighed 170. This is a low for me over many years. I think that part of it is lack of exercise -- I have had some muscle loss sitting on my butt lately. But I feel fantastic and have mostly lost fat. Don't have a visible belly anymore.

And as I always like to explain, I have never gone hungry or counted a calorie. I try to eat as much fat as I can, and moderate protein.

I may have some blueberries today.

Comment

• Nice, Richard!

Today:
              tea w/cream
              Steak & duck eggs, olives, kombucha, chocolate butter
              Salmon w/mayo and olives
              Cheese, olives, more chocolate butter

Comment

• Raw milk blue cheese
                Nuts
                Delish the red snapper with homemade olive oil tartar sauce and collard greens.

Comment

• small amount of tuna with mayo, butter tea
                  pistachios
                  bit of gruyere
                  pulled pork and cole slaw

Comment

• Steak with sauerkraut, limeade
                    Tea w/cream, chocolate butter
                    Cheese, peanuts (gasp!), chocolate butter

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
                      Steak with sauerkraut, limeade
                      Tea w/cream, chocolate butter
                      Cheese, peanuts (gasp!), chocolate butter
                      legumes!!!!!!

I can't handle peanuts. Or beans or lentils.

Comment

• Originally posted by richard View Post
                        legumes!!!!!!

I can't handle peanuts. Or beans or lentils.
                        I know. A momentary lapse, lol!

Funny thing is I can digest them better than almonds. But I just don't like how they get stuck between my teeth, so nuts and peanuts aren't ever going to be a big part of my diet.

Comment

I know. A momentary lapse, lol!

Funny thing is I can digest them better than almonds. But I just don't like how they get stuck between my teeth, so nuts and peanuts aren't ever going to be a big part of my diet.
                          I know I'm eating too many nuts just now. Too imbalanced in omega 6. But I'm not sure what I'll end up doing instead. Just not sure just yet.

I'm also allergic to chocolate so I can't eat chocolate. I wish I could. I'm not "go into anaphalactic shock" allergic, it just disagrees with me causing inflammation and allergies so I avoid it. I had fallen in love with white "chocolate" before. I suppose I could try making some with stevia, doesn't sound appealing does it and why bother anyway?

Comment

• Why not make a low sugar white chocolate? Or make white chocolate butter to minimize the carbs per piece?

Comment

Why not make a low sugar white chocolate? Or make white chocolate butter to minimize the carbs per piece?
                              I would probably binge on it so I won't do that. I am doing VLC quite successfully. Today I had a very small piece of mango, first fruit in several months, and I felt cravings later on.

Comment

• I just made the most yummy kinda white chocolate.

I took 1lb cocoa butter and a half a jar of coconut manna and melted them together.
                                Took 2/3 bottle of honey wine and boiled it down to syrup consistency (also trying to clear out booze cabinet)
                                sweetened mix with honey wine syrup, some vanilla, and a splash of cointreau plus added some cinnamon and a dash of salt

They are kind of a honey brown color and are setting up nicely in the fridge.

Comment

Working...
                                X