No announcement yet.

Who's joining me? Very Low Carb - Low Protein - Support Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• today: some leftover burger a bit of lamb and a litte grass fed hotdog.

Comment

• last night we had pastured chicken. So much, much better than any other chicken. I just don't enjoy factory farmed chicken anymore including "organic" chicken. Pastured chicken is much tastier, leaner, firmer.

The night before I had one date and a tablespoon of honey. Didn't make much difference in the scheme of things.

Today I may eat some blueberries plain. that will be the first fruit for me in over a month.

Comment

• had a massive semi planned cheat. Ate some protein today (fritatta) then a large portion of desserts. Felt great about it mentally. Physically, we'll see. Anyway I think it's good to cheat once in awhile. For the mind...

Comment

• For sure, Richard!

Feeling great in ketosis! Honestly, I have no idea why I didn't do this sooner. But I "cheated" today as well!

Food: Burger with cheese and eggs, kombucha, chocolate butter, more cheese
          Drinks: "Brandy Sondra": Brandy w/cream & a splash of simple syrup, 1/2 glass of wine

I was interviewed on our local radio station in advance of our "Traditional Foods Weekend" next week. I am giving a talk on "Sun, Sleep and Supplements-- Optimizing Whole Foods Nutrition."
          Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
          Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
          Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

• I felt awful last night of course. This morning I can hear Mr. Stomach growling. Anyway, back to ketosis.

Butter tea this morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
              For sure, Richard!

Feeling great in ketosis! Honestly, I have no idea why I didn't do this sooner. But I "cheated" today as well!

Food: Burger with cheese and eggs, kombucha, chocolate butter, more cheese
              Drinks: "Brandy Sondra": Brandy w/cream & a splash of simple syrup, 1/2 glass of wine

I was interviewed on our local radio station in advance of our "Traditional Foods Weekend" next week. I am giving a talk on "Sun, Sleep and Supplements-- Optimizing Whole Foods Nutrition."
              wow, that sounds like a lot of fun. Both the festival and the talk. Sun sleep and supplements -- the Holy Trinity

Comment

• Slept great last night! Even with my cheats, I stayed under 50 gm/carbs, so maybe that's the ticket--for me.

Menstrual cramping was much reduced this week and I took about 1/4 of the pain relievers I am used to taking. VLC rocks!

Tea w/cream and bone broth so far today...off to shower and walk before my noon client.

Comment

• a bit of chicken with palm oil mayo, some pistachios, and for dinner a bit of grassfed steak with grass fed fresh herb butter and asparagus. Delish!

Comment

• Burger w/Brie and a duck egg, kombucha, chocolate butter
                    Goats gouda, pork liver pâté, red wine

I am so full! My eating window is getting smaller all by itself. Had breakfast at 11 and dinner at 4...

Comment

Burger w/Brie and a duck egg, kombucha, chocolate butter
                      Goats gouda, pork liver pâté, red wine

I am so full! My eating window is getting smaller all by itself. Had breakfast at 11 and dinner at 4...
                      I'm jealous! I don't feel that way.

On Kambucha, I've stayed away from this type of thing because it has high fructose relatively speaking at least for someone like me doing VLC. What do you find?

Comment

• I make my own at home, so the carb count will vary, but GT's original is about 3 gm per 4 oz serving(that's how much I drink.)

Comment

I make my own at home, so the carb count will vary, but GT's original is about 3 gm per 4 oz serving(that's how much I drink.)
                          I used to make water kefir and it's pretty similar...it does taste a bit sweet so I stopped.

Comment

• today, had 3 butter eggs and butter tea in the morning, some nuts and a tiny piece of grassfed steak, and for dinner fish with a butter sauce and sauteed purple kale.

I am impressed that after having dessert on Sunday I haven't had any cravings.

Comment

• Burger with cheddar and a duck egg, sauteed spinach, kombucha, chocolate butter
                              Cheese, slivered almonds, chocolate butter, Brandy Sondra

Unusual for me to drink this much alcohol, but I prefer it to more ibuprofen (for cramps.)
                              Last edited by Dragonfly; 06-18-2013, 07:26 PM.

Comment

• maybe 4 or 5 slices of bacon today, and then some almonds. I will have something more substantive later...

Comment

Working...
                                X